Status of Russian pairs 2016-2017 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Status of Russian pairs 2016-2017

elif

Medalist
Im not against Alexandrosvkaya skating for another country. Im against skater like Zabijako who doesnt have technical ability or skating skills to pass any junior level pair skater from russia but somehow skates for them. Take Savchenko take Volosozhar but taking this girl is pointless. Even Lubov made difference for Canada team because she have best presentation. If you are in that pitiful state to take Zabijako (reminds me Nina Petuskova times) why are you giving good skaters?

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
Im not against Alexandrosvkaya skating for another country. Im against skater like Zabijako who doesnt have technical ability or skating skills to pass any junior level pair skater from russia but somehow skates for them. Take Savchenko take Volosozhar but taking this girl is pointless. Even Lubov made difference for Canada team because she have best presentation. If you are in that pitiful state to take Zabijako (reminds me Nina Petuskova times) who are you giving good skaters?

Well, she did have good skates. As for other teams, honestly - everybody else is as messy as them.
Also, you say Zabiiako has no technical ability and still they placed above A/W (with almost 30 points score difference). If russia had to chose between those 2 ladies...

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Enbert is 27 years old already - you think he should pair up with a 17 year old now? He's been through multiple partners already, so what makes you think talented Russian girls are lining up to skate with him?

elif

Medalist
Enbert is 27 years old already - you think he should pair up with a 17 year old now? He's been through multiple partners already, so what makes you think talented Russian girls are lining up to skate with him?
While I agree Zabijako and her limited abilities are more dispensable than juniora I still dont understand wasted money on her training.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Im not against Alexandrosvkaya skating for another country. Im against skater like Zabijako who doesnt have technical ability or skating skills to pass any junior level pair skater from russia but somehow skates for them. Take Savchenko take Volosozhar but taking this girl is pointless. Even Lubov made difference for Canada team because she have best presentation. If you are in that pitiful state to take Zabijako (reminds me Nina Petuskova times) why are you giving good skaters?

You'd better ask Nina Mozer about this question. It is her idea to form this Australian team, not the Russian FS Federation, because Ekaterina is training in her group. In the Russian pairs skating community she has more power than you thought. Taking Zabiiako is also her decision.

Except T/M & S/K, they don't have any other strong senior pairs at present. I agree that Zabiiako is not a promising skater, but Liubov is also a very weak jumper who can get nowhere even if she is skating for Canada today. Monopoly in any field can only lead to failure. Something needs to be done to change the current situation now.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I think S/K have shown with their FS that they still got it. What an achievement to come back from 13th place to end up in 5th with the third best FS score of the night. We should not write them off at all, they had a terrible year.
Hopefully they stay injury free and take a serious look at their strength and what elements can be realistically practised to be perfect by the time the Olympics come along.
To me, Addams Family was their best ever programme, but I thought that both of last year's programmes were outstanding, so is this year's FS. I do struggle a bit with the Claire de Lune bit, as I always rather see them in something more avantgarde than classic.
Not sure, whether Nina Mozer is still the right coach for them. It seems to me that they're pretty much doing their own thing anyway, but they still do need a bit of guidance.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
All I have to say is whatever S/K have to do to stay healthy all of next season just do it! The worlds LP showed they still have it and fully healthy they are clearly Russian team #1 as the marks at Russian nationals show (T/M should have won there but the fed. still like S/K more). They still have a shot at gold next year if they can only stay healthy :cool: