Summer Reading | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Summer Reading

heyang

Record Breaker
Dee,

Joe had started a DaVinci code thread a few weeks ago if you'd like some feedback. It's premise is a bit more intriguing than Angels & Demons and DaVinci is definitely a page turner. All of Dan Brown's books involve code breaking and symbology.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Dee........I agree with heyang. If you liked "Angels and Demons", you will love "The Da Vinci Code"...........it's a "must" read............42

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Show and Heyang I will look into it. I am savoring the last few pages of Angels and Demons -- I don't want the book to end. :no:

Dee

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Dee.........it doesn't have to. Robert Langdon is also in "The Da Vinci Code". You'll love it..........trust me........ :agree: 42

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Book List

Dee: The DiVinci Code is much better than Angles & Demons in terms of its page turning qualities... ya gotta read it...

Other Books...
Fiction
Harry Potter is a must
Wicked: Life & Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (one of my favorites of all time...) will get its yearly re-read
Determined to finally finish Anna Kareana (good thing I can read it vs. spell it...)
Their Eyes Were Watching God

NonFiction
Cracked Ice
Work proposals... its that time of year

Happy Reading

KW

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone read Night Fall by Nelson DeMille?

Dee

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Right now, I'm just having trouble getting through my skating magazines. I did
read all of Auel's books but the last one. I did enjoy them except I really didn't need to know every time her guy had to take a leak. :rofl: They are a little too risque for me but she is a really good author. Probably pick up the last one at a garage sale or something. I wish I had time to read. I only read when I go to bed and lately I do good to just finish 1 page. :biggrin:

Lcp88

On the Ice
Right now I'm reading "The Dante Club" by Matthew Pearl. I'm going to try to get through a ton books this summer, including, of course Harry Potter, but the highest on my list are:
Under the Tuscan Sun - Frances Meyes
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer
Fluke (it has some sub title like "i know why the winged whale sings) - Christopher Moore

Everybody keep on reccomending some, I need more!

Laura