Tailbone pads for adults | Golden Skate

Tailbone pads for adults

heytherewhatsup

Rinkside
I am hoping to get some protective pads as I recently started working on new jumps
I am just working on the 2F and 2Lz but I fall a lot on my tailbone
However I do not have a slim figure so I want to get something discreet (not like the bulky waxel pads that many kids wear...)

I came across this online:
https://www.amazon.com/Jerrys-851-Cushy-Tushy-Protectors-Beige/dp/B073D7CF92
Has anyone tried it? The gel pad is so small that I am worried about its function:(

Any other advices would be greatly appreciated!:love:

hanca

Record Breaker
Maybe you will have to decide if it is the look or the comfort you prefer. Sometimes trying to compromise means that you may end up with neither.

concorde

Medalist
My daughter used the Jerry ones and they were pretty useless. She switched to the 3/4 inch Chloe Noel and same story. Finally we got her the super thick shorts and so far, so good.

She was not happy about having to wear the thick ones but she wanted no pain. So she "happily" wears them.

My daughter told me about a recent quote on a skater's Instagram
"Ice skating is my passion bit bruises and butt pads are my fashion."

Ange

Rinkside
I have the exact protector that the OP linked. I haven't fallen on it but it is so thin that I wouldn't want to - I only ever wore it 2 or 3 times. If you're looking for something that will prevent tailbone injury, waxel pads are the way to go. I have fallen on mine and have been left unbruised so far... They're so popular among skaters, that it doesn't look strange on the ice and they're not very noticeable if you're wearing tight black leggings to hold it in place. If you are self conscious but want to go the waxel pad route, wear a long top that covers most of it. Like hanca said, you may have to choose between aesthetics and comfort.

Another idea is a skatingsafe pad. I'm not sure what the tailbone pad is like. It's an interesting shape, so I just went for a waxel pad. But I have skatingsafe knee pads and they absorb shock almost completely. They are very thin, so you wouldn't even notice them unless you really looked for them. That might be worth looking into.

jf12

Final Flight
I have the exact protector that the OP linked. I haven't fallen on it but it is so thin that I wouldn't want to - I only ever wore it 2 or 3 times. If you're looking for something that will prevent tailbone injury, waxel pads are the way to go. I have fallen on mine and have been left unbruised so far... They're so popular among skaters, that it doesn't look strange on the ice and they're not very noticeable if you're wearing tight black leggings to hold it in place. If you are self conscious but want to go the waxel pad route, wear a long top that covers most of it. Like hanca said, you may have to choose between aesthetics and comfort.

Another idea is a skatingsafe pad. I'm not sure what the tailbone pad is like. It's an interesting shape, so I just went for a waxel pad. But I have skatingsafe knee pads and they absorb shock almost completely. They are very thin, so you wouldn't even notice them unless you really looked for them. That might be worth looking into.

A second for skatingsafe pads, they work great. I wear the hip pads on the bony part of my hips. I wear tight pants so the pants are enough to hold them on. I've never tried the tailbone one though.