Tarasova claims to be persecuted | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tarasova claims to be persecuted

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
:drama:

I feel persecuted by my dog sometimes. There I am trying to enjoy subway white chocolate/macadamia nut cookies and along he comes with his cute face and big puppy dog eyes and I end up having to give him a cookie! The level of persecution is intense. Practically on the level of religious minorities and political fringe groups.

TAT will stay on the air if she brings in the ratings. That's really what it's all about. Money. If people are worried about her being taken off the air write Match and tell them how much you enjoy her.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Piseeva (aka Ice Dance TC SHEKHOVTSEVA) is so concerned about TAT not being pro-Russian enough, that makes me skeptical that she can sit on a tech panel and make fair calls. She usually turns up on Olympic panels, so that is worrisome....

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
If Piseeva (aka Ice Dance TC SHEKHOVTSEVA) is so concerned about TAT not being pro-Russian enough, that makes me skeptical that she can sit on a tech panel and make fair calls. She usually turns up on Olympic panels, so that is worrisome....

:rofl::laugh2:She is THE famous Alla Scekhovtseva, so well...this post is such a gem.

snd

On the Ice
honestly i don't find this funny at all. i don't think TAT is full of it and is imagining things and just wants to pull the victim card for the hell of it. rodnina is a puppet - i'm sorry but she can get away with extreme racism (i don't even want to refer to this incident. oh well, it involved mr and mrs obama and bananas) and takes every opportunity to be the spokesperson of military expansionism. she was one of the very first famous people sent from russia to east ukraine in early 2014 to 'inspire' the separatists.

she was a great skater but as a person... i don't know. when she openly criticises somebody in russia because they are not 'patriotic' enough, this is bad news for whoever it is she's criticising. i hope tat has all the strength to fight back and stand her ground. she's an important person and has pull but only in figure skating. rodnina is like tereshkova - a 'national hero' and politically connected. i'm worried for tat but hope for the best...

i can see the appeal of taking this lightly, thinking that this old lady, who's a pretty dramatic character, is blowing things out of proportion, but there is real danger for anyone if people like rodnina feel safe dissing them publicly. tat's concerns, i feel, shouldn't be taken lighlty because of this.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Does it have to be so black and white? Rodnina wasn't the only one who complained about TAT's commentary, Inna Goncharenko did as well & I think Zhulin supported her. I do love to listen to TAT because is so passionate, but if she is picking on an injured skater or calling them fat, isn't that going a bit too far? People here go after Johnny & Tara for much less than that. I'm not fluent in Russian, I only go by what I've read here and elsewhere about her comments. It's one thing to be a little provocative for the sake of ratings, but there's a fine line between that & being straight up rude.

berry8

Final Flight
honestly i don't find this funny at all. i don't think TAT is full of it and is imagining things and just wants to pull the victim card for the hell of it. rodnina is a puppet - i'm sorry but she can get away with extreme racism (i don't even want to refer to this incident. oh well, it involved mr and mrs obama and bananas) and takes every opportunity to be the spokesperson of military expansionism. she was one of the very first famous people sent from russia to east ukraine in early 2014 to 'inspire' the separatists.

she was a great skater but as a person... i don't know. when she openly criticises somebody in russia because they are not 'patriotic' enough, this is bad news for whoever it is she's criticising. i hope tat has all the strength to fight back and stand her ground. she's an important person and has pull but only in figure skating. rodnina is like tereshkova - a 'national hero' and politically connected. i'm worried for tat but hope for the best...

i can see the appeal of taking this lightly, thinking that this old lady, who's a pretty dramatic character, is blowing things out of proportion, but there is real danger for anyone if people like rodnina feel safe dissing them publicly. tat's concerns, i feel, shouldn't be taken lighlty because of this.

Is criticizing a politician in Russia so dangerous? (In Italy things like this happen every single day!!!!)
Does she run the risk to be murdered?

snd

On the Ice
Is criticizing a politician in Russia so dangerous? (In Italy things like this happen every single day!!!!)
Does she run the risk to be murdered?

of course it is dangerous - not like in north korea, but dangerous compared to your country, scandinavia, most european nations... she won't end up like politkovskaya or nemtsov (she's not a legit politician), but she might find it difficult to work where she wants. she might also come under fire for no other reason than liking chock/bates and gilles/poirier (she does) while being sometimes a bit critical of some russian skaters. mostly she thinks they (the russian skaters) are amazing, though, and is pretty vocal about this - that her style is deemed 'unpatriotic' and this opinion has been publicly voiced by a famous individual who's been used as a propaganda puppet for YEARS, is very unfortunate and speaks volumes. i hope it won't become a long-time media campaign against her. dissing her is not personal - it serves as a message to everyone in the country: saying negative things about our citizens (even if factually correct, even if it's 'just, like, your opinion, man' - courtesy to dude lebowski) is not acceptable and there will be consequences.

a schoolboy was recently arrested because he posted a message on some social network, asking people to support public meetings against corruption. i mean...

if someone living in a relatively free country starts claiming they are being harrassed just because someone criticised them in public, it would be LAUGHABLE (hence all the 'lol drama, popcorn' comments here). but in this case, i don't think it's something to laugh at.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
How about if TAT comes to America and commentates for NBC instead of Tara? Then everyone can be happy :biggrin:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
of course it is dangerous - not like in north korea, but dangerous compared to your country, scandinavia, most european nations... she won't end up like politkovskaya or nemtsov (she's not a legit politician), but she might find it difficult to work where she wants. she might also come under fire for no other reason than liking chock/bates and gilles/poirier (she does) while being sometimes a bit critical of some russian skaters. mostly she thinks they (the russian skaters) are amazing, though, and is pretty vocal about this - that her style is deemed 'unpatriotic' and this opinion has been publicly voiced by a famous individual who's been used as a propaganda puppet for YEARS, is very unfortunate and speaks volumes. i hope it won't become a long-time media campaign against her. dissing her is not personal - it serves as a message to everyone in the country: saying negative things about our citizens (even if factually correct, even if it's 'just, like, your opinion, man' - courtesy to dude lebowski) is not acceptable and there will be consequences.

a schoolboy was recently arrested because he posted a message on some social network, asking people to support public meetings against corruption. i mean...

if someone living in a relatively free country starts claiming they are being harrassed just because someone criticised them in public, it would be LAUGHABLE (hence all the 'lol drama, popcorn' comments here). but in this case, i don't think it's something to laugh at.

Why have you brought Nemtsov to this? Do we need to bash Russia, Putin, etc. here? TAT is controversial. She says "я отключаюсь" - "I switch off" at her own leisure. Most of the time she talks and talks during performances. I find it annoying. I like Ted who comments the juniors - he speaks only during intermissions. I agree with Rodnina that talking during performances is not a good thing. Although TAT's emotions and some of the opinions are precious. If she only had not done it when people skate.

berry8

Final Flight
of course it is dangerous - not like in north korea, but dangerous compared to your country, scandinavia, most european nations... she won't end up like politkovskaya or nemtsov (she's not a legit politician), but she might find it difficult to work where she wants. she might also come under fire for no other reason than she likes chock/bates and gilles/poirier while being sometimes a bit critical of some russian skaters. mostly she thinks they (the russian skaters) are amazing, though, and is pretty vocal about this - that her style is deemed 'unpatriotic' and this opinion has been publicly voiced by a famous individual who's been used as a propaganda puppet for YEARS, is very unfortunate and speaks volumes. i hope it won't become a long-time media campaign against her. dissing her is not personal - it serves as a message to everyone in the country: saying negative things about our citizens (even if factually correct, even if it's 'just, like, your opinion, man' - courtesy to dude lebowski) is not acceptable and there will be consequences.

That's very sad to be heard! Poor Tarasova :(
Wow... From your words it seems like you live under a dictatorship!

The fact that people are not free to speak their mind is outrageous.

snd

On the Ice
Why have you brought Nemtsov to this? Do we need to bash Russia, Putin, etc. here? TAT is controversial. She says "я отключаюсь" - "I switch off" at her own leisure. Most of the time she talks and talks during performances. I find it annoying. I like Ted who comments the juniors - he speaks only during intermissions. I agree with Rodnina that talking during performances is not a good thing. Although TAT's emotions and some of the opinions are precious. If she only had not done it when people skate.

i mentioned nemtsov to tell people that what happened to him would NEVER happen to tarasova. i did this because he was killed and because another poster asked if tarasova could get killed before i had mentioned any murder victims myself. i did not say anything negative about the russian president or the country as a whole. the only person i criticized was rodnina and i stand by my point - i have a very negative opinion of her. i'm russian, for the record.

i, too, like... ugh, those two gentlemen commentators much more than tat (sorry don't know their names but if you can tell me, i'd really appreciate that). but i felt like standing up for tat amidst all these 'lol so funny russian drama' comments.

snd

On the Ice
to berry:

i'm russian but i don't live in russia anymore. i live in a free country. but i speak the language, have lived in the country and am up to date with what's going on, relatively. but of course, you should listen to those who actually live in russia right now, like samkrut, because they can tell you things i have no way of knowing.

yet i can also provide information that is unavailable to those members on this board who speak no russian.

lappo

Final Flight
i mentioned nemtsov to tell people that what happened to him would NEVER happen to tarasova. i did this because he was killed and because another poster asked if tarasova could get killed before i had mentioned any murder victims myself. i did not say anything negative about the russian president or the country as a whole. the only person i criticized was rodnina and i stand by my point - i have a very negative opinion of her. i'm russian, for the record.

i, too, like... ugh, those two gentlemen commentators much more than tat (sorry don't know their names but if you can tell me, i'd really appreciate that). but i felt like standing up for tat amidst all these 'lol so funny russian drama' comments.

I have too, after the infamous "bananas" incident. Seriously, nowadays people think they can say anything and then, if someone complains (rightly in this case), they all go "I was misquoted, misinterpreted ecc..." I hate this (in my country it happens everyday, especially by politicians). I mean, if you really feel like expressing a controversial view, at least stand by it and take the consequences! She may have been one of the most decorated and talented skaters in the whole world, no doubt about this, but still...

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker

She's also anti-LGBTQ as well. That's why I think this is beyond.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

I see your point. On the other hand I don't see the need to oppose Russia to "free countries". I feel 100% free in Russia, at least for the time being...

The only big reason why I could go to another country one day is the collapsing educational system here. We all want the very best to our kids that we can afford.

Sorry for the offtop.

Last edited: