Team Alexei Mishin | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Team Alexei Mishin

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I loved his expression when she got her score, and his little 'so-so' hand gesture- clearly he thinks she could get more :love:

Do they speak Russian together? Or English?

English.. Mishin has excellent English

LRK

Record Breaker
Posted by Plushy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPzYfpFBWQ1/?taken-by=plushenkoofficial

(Via Google translate):
Congratulations Genia and Anya in triumph at the European Championship! You - clever !!! High bar taken and it rises higher and higher with new records and new victories! And of course, I want to congratulate Carolina, I know how hard it is to return to the sport after a long break! A start, Carolina, go to his goal, his dream! And we will support and sustain you! Alexey, You - a magician! You are a genius, our great and wise coach!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I just LOVED Mishin and Carolina in the kiss and cry- the cutest kiss and cry reaction I've seen in a really long time!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
'What I'm looking for is to surprise myself'
Collaboration with coach Mishin sets Italian skater on path of self-discovery
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/01/28/214606904

"I have learned a lot with Mr. Mishin, especially on jumps and technique. I know that I still have so much to learn, technically speaking. I came back to the competitive realm to work intensively on technique. It's the right time to do it: I can do it now, but I won't be able to in five or 10 years. I would not like to wake up 10 years from now and realize that I missed my chance. In life, you regret things you haven't done more than things you have done."

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
'What I'm looking for is to surprise myself'
Collaboration with coach Mishin sets Italian skater on path of self-discovery
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/01/28/214606904

"I have learned a lot with Mr. Mishin, especially on jumps and technique. I know that I still have so much to learn, technically speaking. I came back to the competitive realm to work intensively on technique. It's the right time to do it: I can do it now, but I won't be able to in five or 10 years. I would not like to wake up 10 years from now and realize that I missed my chance. In life, you regret things you haven't done more than things you have done."

So true :sad21::sad4:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
lmao it was hilarious how they tossed that heart to each other :laugh:

new interview

http://www.fsrussia.ru/news/2771-al...sodruzhestvo-mirovogo-figurnogo-kataniya.html
I think the working relationship between Kostner and Mishin is beneficial for both sides. I think that it's great that Mishin is working so much with female skaters now and I guess that Carolina is, because of her age, a great subject for a case study for him. It's amazing how stable she is at the moment.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I think the working relationship between Kostner and Mishin is beneficial for both sides. I think that it's great that Mishin is working so much with female skaters now and I guess that Carolina is, because of her age, a great subject for a case study for him. It's amazing how stable she is at the moment.
indeed
I remember the old interviews about Liza & how he thought that working with females might be a nightmare:laugh::laugh:

It was actually very surprising when I learned she constantly will be training with Papa
I thought she'd go to Canada
Its very good that Vaits asked her about it in the interview
Very proud that she chose to train here :bow::bow:
& CAro seems to be very thoughtful & wise :love:
makes me even more appreciate vetarans in this sport.
& that she may in the future be a great coach!

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
indeed
I remember the old interviews about Liza & how he thought that working with females might be a nightmare:laugh::laugh:

It was actually very surprising when I learned she constantly will be training with Papa
I thought she'd go to Canada
Its very good that Vaits asked her about it in the interview
Very proud that she chose to train here :bow::bow:
& CAro seems to be very thoughtful & wise :love:
makes me even more appreciate vetarans in this sport.
& that she may in the future be a great coach!
I also think that it's great that Mishin gave her the opportunity to stay in Europe. She looks very happy when she's in St. Petersburg and she obviously made it very clear that she wanted to work with Mishin and I guess he felt a little flattered by that.
The interview was very interesting, the part about that he did hold her back in training before the competition and that they chose to do a very conservative technical content. And that she no longer has really bad falls in training like she used to.