Team Alexei Mishin | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Team Alexei Mishin

LRK

Record Breaker
Jackie Wong‏ @rockerskating 3h
So interesting to see Alexei Mishin here with Zijun Li and Carolina Kostner, but not any of the Russian women #WorldFigure

adelia

Record Breaker
Mishin and Moskvina have ended their decades of cooperation it seems. Moskvina has opened her own school which will be at a new rink, which was reported on rsport in March (but somehow was largely unnoticed, I guess because of the major championships held in March). For many decades Mishin and Moskvina worked at the same rink, Yubileyny and in December 2014 they opened a school together called "Star Ice", which operated at two separate rinks, Yubileyny and the other one (but Mishin and Moskvina's elite students stayed at Yubileyny). Now Moskvina has split from "Star Ice", taking with her not only all her Pair skaters and coaches but also some Singles skaters and coaches. Moskvina's new school will have both Pairs and Singles skaters. Among the Singles skaters at her new school will be Nugumanova, Gumennik and Kutovoy. Their primary coach will be Veronika Dayneko, who worked in Star Ice as Kutovoy's coach.

According to Tatjana Flade (over at FSU), Mishin told her in Tartu that Nugumanova and Gumennik have discipline problems and that their parents are stage parents. And that's why he punished them by not bringing them to his summer camp in Tartu. Whether this is really true or not (the behaviour of the kids and their parents), who knows. And why Mishin chose to tell a well-known FS journalist such negative things about students who supposedly had not left his school yet at that point, I also don't know.

But the split up of "Star Ice" is indeed a reality. Further details I am not really clear on, if I find it, I will post it.

Edit:
The rumour is that Urmanov is returning to SPB to work in Moskvina's school.

Tutto

Record Breaker
^thanks for interesting info :thumbsup:
It is kind of sad as it was a partnership of many decades but wishing Tamara Moskvina all the success. Mishin IMHO is really ready for retirement and I wish some other skaters left him too - sorry he is a legend but there is a time for everything

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Liza Tuktamysheva has revealed that Alexei Mishin is writing an autobiography. :jaw:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhH0BJLFFeI/

Now that would be a fascinating read! :agree:

Anyway, what the post is about is that they are looking suggestions for a title. And the winner will get acknowledged in the book.

Time to get our thinking caps on!

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Liza Tuktamysheva has revealed that Alexei Mishin is writing an autobiography. :jaw:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhH0BJLFFeI/

Now that would be a fascinating read! :agree:

Anyway, what the post is about is that they are looking suggestions for a title. And the winner will get acknowledged in the book.

Time to get our thinking caps on!

CaroLiza_fan

Oh cool! Although I bet it would be too much to hope it will be available in English! :biggrin:

I was thinking of something with Professor in it, but then thought of "As the Jump Turns: The Technical Master" :laugh: (I have no idea how to translate that into Russian however.