The Headless Spin | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Headless Spin

nicole_l

Final Flight
A headless spin is not a standard scratch spin It is a variation on a cross foot spin.
Good point. My headless spin is a variation on a scratch spin, not a cross foot spin. I've never attempted a cross foot, but I know that they're sufficiently difficult, enough so that they're not required (Men only, though) until the Junior test.

soogar said:
Gee Joe, weren't you the one complaining about all the Biellmanns? Imagine if every skater did a headless spin...wouldn't that get tired also?

I read an interview with Lambiel and he said that he gets dizzy when he spins which is why he puts the spins toward the end of his program.

Soogar - I was complaining about the Spiral bielmans together with the spins. One will show flexibility if that is the point of that ugly position. I'll take a Sasha spiral any day.

Not every skater can do a Bielman. Every skater can do a headless spin but they don't. Of course it has to be a conclusion spin a la the scratch or cross foot. And it does get one dizzy if not unbalanced and that it why it is difficult and not used by many skaters. It will never be a spin that gets plenty of play. Too risky!!

Joe