The Island... coming soon | Golden Skate

The Island... coming soon

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
though if you are lucky they are sneak peaking all over the US today... so yeah...

I want to see it, but at the same time I'm worried about how much sexual content (type of) there is. Ewan McGregor was on Jay Leno a few months ago talking about it and one of the scenes he described made me think I wouldn't be seeing this film in the theaters... but then again it was late and I don't really understand much late at night...

so has anyone gotten a look at it, or are you planning to go see it? It's official release date in the US is July 22nd. It stars Ewan McGregor & Scarlett Johansson

what it's about said:
Lincoln Six-Echo (McGregor) is a resident of a seemingly utopian but contained facility in the mid-21st century. Like all of the inhabitants of this carefully controlled environment, Lincoln hopes to be chosen to go to the “The Island”—reportedly the last uncontaminated spot on the planet. But Lincoln soon discovers that everything about his existence is a lie. He and all of the other inhabitants of the facility are actually human clones whose only purpose is to provide “spare parts” for their original human counterparts. Realizing it is only a matter of time before he is “harvested,” Lincoln makes a daring escape with a beautiful fellow resident named Jordan Two-Delta (Johansson). Relentlessly pursued by the forces of the sinister institute that once housed them, Lincoln and Jordan engage in a race for their lives to literally meet their makers.

It looks to have some awesome sequences from the behind the scenes stuff I've seen... I'm torn :(

Buzzz

Final Flight
The answer is YES & YES. There is some sexual content (kissing) and a lot of violence. Perfect mixture of both makes a good movie. Looking forward to it, and to seeing Mr. McGregor without that beard. :biggrin:

BTW... I am also looking forward to Four Brothers. I love Marky Mark! it sounds like one of the few original movies to be released this year. :rock:

Last edited: