Tomas & Caro | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tomas & Caro

Bennett

Record Breaker
^^ I agree, both his 'crouching tiger hidden dragon' and 'tango' are extremely physical demanding, not only because the jumps are heavily loaded in the 2nd half, but also because of the complex transitions and difficult choreography, stamina might be a major cause of his inconsistency.

ITA. I just rewatched his current LP. It looked less packed than the previous LP in terms of the time intervals between jumps. But he nonetheless keeps dancing between jumps, which would give him very little time to breathe. I feel that he has one of the most choreo & transition loaded programs, which keeps both his edges and his upper body very busy. Besides, he is very engaged in his dancing and appealing to the audience, which would take a lot of energy and focus.

I think that he deserves high PCS not only for his skating skills, but also for his competence to skake such a complex program. But if these affect his jumps, it is somewhat unfortunate results-wise. If he skates simpler and emptier programs, I feel that he would land more jumps. Morosov sometimes takes this strategy, which seems to work well (e.g., Miki's World champ winning LP in 2007; Fumie's both programs this season leading to podium finishes).

Just a side note off topic---His LP jump layout looked a bit unattractive last season. For example, he repeated axels at the exactly same place after coming back there drawing a small circle at the center of the rink, which I thought to be a bit strange. Overall, the jumps in the middle did not flow well, possibly because of the flaws in excutions, but also because of the little preparation time that allowed few strokes and only a little bit sloppy transitions in betweens.

Although I haven't closely watched this season's LP yet, I got an impression that the jumps in the middle seem to flow more naturally with greater speed.

On a side note, according to Czech Sport, Tomas withdrew from Czech Nationals due to illness.:cry: Hope he'll get better this week and be able to compete at GPF,

I am sad to hear that. Hope he gets better.

he's the most entertaining guy to watch nowadays. :love:

ITA.

Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
I am a bit heartbroken for Tomas. I wonder if the illness is still bugging him.

Yet, it is good that his solo 4T and 3T in combo were not counted as repeated jumps. I was worried about this possibility because it was the case at the last time when he did solo 2T and 2T in combo.

Also his quad was ratified despite the fall.

Caro's flip combo is one of my most favorite jumps among all ladies. I am sad that she missed it. Also does any of you know what was the deduction on her luz for? I thought that it might have been for flutzing.

berrycute

On the Ice
I am a bit heartbroken for Tomas. I wonder if the illness is still bugging him.

Yet, it is good that his solo 4T and 3T in combo were not counted as repeated jumps. I was worried about this possibility because it was the case at the last time when he did solo 2T and 2T in combo.

Also his quad was ratified despite the fall.

Caro's flip combo is one of my most favorite jumps among all ladies. I am sad that she missed it. Also does any of you know what was the deduction on her luz for? I thought that it might have been for flutzing.

I think she landed slightly forward, right? I watched it a few times and I 'think' that was it.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I think she landed slightly forward, right? I watched it a few times and I 'think' that was it.

Oh, thank you berrycute for your insight! Hope Caro can land both lutz and flip today! I like your handle name, by the way:)

berrycute

On the Ice
Oh, thank you berrycute for your insight! Hope Caro can land both lutz and flip today! I like your handle name, by the way:)

:laugh:Thank you! I'm just glad there is another Caro fan on this board, everyone else seems to be deadset against her!