Update on 2022-23 Grand Prix Series | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Update on 2022-23 Grand Prix Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warwick360

Medalist
The train prices are INSANE! admittedly the cheapest tickets are usually released 12 weeks before the date so there’s still time before anything would be out for the grand prix, yet it still looks like a couple of hundred pound 🤯
I think I’ll end up driving, even if it’ll take me 4+ hours.
Hear Hear. Just when you think something has finally come home, or close to home, it's inevitably costing an arm and a leg.

Seems like one needs to win lottery to attend these events. Not just figure skating. Saw something for tennis, and the price for the event alone was 300 something for a single session. :eek:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Omg, Uno, Gogolev and Jin. No Malinin though. Aww. Fingers crossed he goes to 4CC.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
So Chock/Bates and Piper and Paul are competing this season? Very happy for Fabbri/Ayer for getting a GP assignment! Also, I do not recognise so many teams on Pairs grid....

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ryabova, Schizas and Thoringren in women, not bad, though no Levito.
Not much luck in dance, only Lajoie/Lagha.

No comment on pairs, lol

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Hear Hear. Just when you think something has finally come home, or close to home, it's inevitably costing an arm and a leg.

Seems like one needs to win lottery to attend these events. Not just figure skating. Saw something for tennis, and the price for the event alone was 300 something for a single session. :eek:
Same here. I had to choose between Euros, Finlandia Trophy and GP and I choose GP. After Seeing Especially ladies who are coming, Keegan and Ilia, I think made the right choice. Train tickets, hotel, and tickets to competition inlcuding astromincal prices of the food and drinks, no way to be possible to join all.

Maybe Juulia and Matthias had a possibility for two anyway, but nice to see them in front of home crowd.

Warwick360

Medalist
Eunsoo with only one assignment. :eek2:🤯

I know, I know. I know she hasn't been great recently. But I'd much rather see a messy Eunsoo over many on the list. :slink:

Ziotic

Medalist
I’m actually super excited, with a couple of exceptions we are really looking at a new crop of skaters who can make their mark.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Was hoping to see Gracie Gold on the list.
No Mariah Bell either.....
Bell is probably sitting out the season after Olympics? And there is no reason whatsoever to include Gold. I mean, Wang is far better candidate.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
As entries have been announced, this thread will be closed.

A new thread for discussion of entries has been started here:

Pre-event info for specific Grand Prix events can be discussed in this forum, which has a thread for each event:

Status
Not open for further replies.