Vegetarian, Vegan, and Meatless Recipes that you use | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Vegetarian, Vegan, and Meatless Recipes that you use

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Let me know how you like it! My wife really likes it and unless its winter and I have time to cook, its quick and easy and can be hot-rodded all sorts of ways.....
Spinach rocks. Before college, I thought it was a green slime that came out of a can, like canned peas......:no:

Well, Mr. Scruff and I agree with you and your wife! That was terrific! We had it with a French tofu/bean cassoulet that I Mediterraneanized - double cumin and I threw in squash, sweet potato and, of course, spinach. I tend to throw spinach into a lot of different things these days. Husband is quite happy to have me experiment.
I found an old Mediterranean Vegetarian cookbook from a library remainder sale and I'm working my way through the recipes.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Great! I made it tonight as I was behind the 8 ball on time as usual....will try and post a pic....I am testing the batch to see if it freezes well and next time I think I will hotrod it with some sun dried tomatos...you are right, the basic recipe can be hotroded to taste and for variety.
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums...c/Turkish spinich and rice-fb_zpsjlvwc8js.jpg
(This is the basic "cook up a third of a cup of brown rice, sautee a half of a chopped onion in olive oil, add bag of spinach, cook for three minutes, add rice, half a can of tomato paste, and some cooked dead bird, a bit of water and simmer for five minutes" recipe. Pic is yellow factored from amient light)

Well, Mr. Scruff and I agree with you and your wife! That was terrific! We had it with a French tofu/bean cassoulet that I Mediterraneanized - double cumin and I threw in squash, sweet potato and, of course, spinach. I tend to throw spinach into a lot of different things these days. Husband is quite happy to have me experiment.
I found an old Mediterranean Vegetarian cookbook from a library remainder sale and I'm working my way through the recipes.

Last edited: