What happen to Marin Honda ? | Golden Skate

What happen to Marin Honda ?

soccerjc77

On the Ice
Hi everyone, I was concerned about Marin Honda.

I see some video recent of her in YouTube : https://youtu.be/3mtJhA7PSS8

She didn't look like herself. She look to have regress. Why ? What happening to her ?

But her dress and skating is beautiful even if she has lost her jump.

Des she is eligible for japanese national championship ?

She look like having lost confidence in herself like Gracie Gold and Gabby Daleman, it's sad :(

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
(sigh) that video was from Tokyo regional, and Marin scored 87.12 for that FS performance. And later on in another local competition ('inter-college' for college students) last weekend, it was worse (like 15 points lower than she got from regional). It feels like she's not training properly for this season. And by how things go, she may not be able to get through sectional (*in the East sectional which Marin will compete, only top 6 ladies will advance to nationals!)

I'm not sure if it has to do with changing of coach/changing of training environment (she now goes to Meiji U in Tokyo). And I read somewhere that Marin even considered going into ice dancing (she said in the interview that she even bought the skates for ice dance, not with the intention to switch though). So perhaps she just needs some more time to figure things out.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I liked Marin but her jumps got worse and worse. I believe she went to Raf A for a while? Ice dancing might be a good choice. Sad though about the decline of her skating.

readernick

Medalist
Marin would be an amazing ice dancer! I hope she seriously considers that route. In other countries, she would be too old to make the change but Japan isn't that competitive in ice dance. She could, perhaps, make the Olympics in 4 years with the right partner!

Icix

Rinkside
Marin would be an amazing ice dancer! I hope she seriously considers that route. In other countries, she would be too old to make the change but Japan isn't that competitive in ice dance. She could, perhaps, make the Olympics in 4 years with the right partner!
I agree! Marin has the skating skills, the carisma and the charme to succeed in Ice Dance.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I wonder which coach Marin can go to, who can help her get her 3-3 back?
Raf unfortunately did not work for her…

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Marin fought to qualify for Nationals. Looks like she is encouraged. So, that is good enough. Maybe, she can surprise with a top ten finish there.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'm really happy ! That Marin make it to national with this beautiful performance :) https://youtu.be/06XPwt9xMpQ

And, I'm happy that Mao Asada encourage and cheer for her to continue skating because we love her !
Thank you so much for posting that vid! I watched Alissa Czisny go through a slump but had a great 2010-11 season, winning the GPF. I will have good thoughts for Marin. :pray: