What, no AI Thread??? | Golden Skate

What, no AI Thread???

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Well, there were some good performances last night IMO, but not many GREAT ones.

I still like Nadia's complete package, and was glad she redeemed herself last night. I would KILL to have her slender body that looks good in anything, probably including potato sacks.

I think Carrie is emerging for me as the one with the absolute best voice. I liked her performance better last week, but I guess last night was OK.

Nikko did well last night. I'm only putting it in the "OK" category just because the types of music he excels at is not really my personal preference. Nothing against him - just a style thing.

Vonzell gets the "most improved" award. I liked her last week better than I ever had before, and I liked her last night even more. She is finally starting to distinquish herself within the pack.

For me, Jessica was "OK" last night - probably because I liked her number better last week too. (LOTS of that going around for me this week)

Bo - I think Black Crows was a good band choice for him, but not the best choice of song. Now I need to dig out my CDs and figure out which BC song I would have rather heard from him. Beige pants gotta go. Bring back the leather!!

Constantine - his mugging still drives me nuts. And for me he is SO selling out his "rocker" image. :mad: I hope he brings something more interesting to the table next week.

Anwar. :cry: I really liked him early in the competition, and he is fading for me. It seems like he's over-doing those balady kinds of songs rather than mixing up different types of stuff. He's starting to bore me.

Scott and Anthony were both at the bottom for me last night. I don't think Scott had a good performance compared to previous weeks. And Anthony just bugs me no matter what he sings.

So...If I could vote somebody OFF tonight, I guess it would be Anthony. I don't think I'll be able to pick anyone else for the bottom until he's gone LOL!

DG

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Scott had a total MELT DOWN this week... I wouldn't be surprised if he got the boot. He couldn't afford that. Others could, not him.

Nikko and Anwar will be in the bottom 3, I think...

yeay for Carrie... she owned that song! :rock:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
My two cents...

Top three: Vonzell, Carrie and (who'da thunk it?) Constantine (but I'm doubting this will last!)

Bottom three (only 3?): Scott, Anthony and (who'da thunk it?) Anwar, with Scott or Anthony going home, hopefully.

Most of the performances were mediocre at best. I hated Bo's song choice and cow hat - but I was amused by the lame cow pun during his critique. (I find myself udderly mooved by lame cow puns...)

I was glad for Nadia's sake that she did better than last week, but annoyed that she kept flubbing the freaking lyric. It's a really simple freaking lyric, too.

The other performances were hardly worthy of mention, and I'm hoping for a better theme next week.

xoxo,
Rave

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Ravyn Rant said:
Top three: Vonzell, Carrie and (who'da thunk it?) Constantine (but I'm doubting this will last!)

Bottom three (only 3?): Scott, Anthony and (who'da thunk it?) Anwar, with Scott or Anthony going home, hopefully.

Most of the performances were mediocre at best. I hated Bo's song choice and cow hat - but I was amused by the lame cow pun during his critique. (I find myself udderly mooved by lame cow puns...)

I was glad for Nadia's sake that she did better than last week, but annoyed that she kept flubbing the freaking lyric. It's a really simple freaking lyric, too.

The other performances were hardly worthy of mention, and I'm hoping for a better theme next week.

xoxo,
Rave

WOO HOO!! I love agreement on the board!! Sounds like we're in sync. I don't think the theme was the problem - heck, there's a lot to choose from in any 10 year period. I just think we saw a lot of less than stellar choices. Bleh. Hopefully Anthony will go tonight for my sake, so I can start focusing on the next person I wish to snark upon LOL!

DG

childfreegirl

Final Flight
My top three: Vonzell, Carrie and Constantine.

Bottom three: Nadia (please do something with that hair!), Anthony and Scott. Scott's gotta go. Everybody else except for Bo were just blah.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Ravyn and Child..................totally agree..........Carrie, Constantine, and Vonzelle "rocked"...........for those who don't like Constantine, you will have to admit that he totally "sold" that song. To me it was sort of like the way Fantasia sold "Summertime" last season.

Bottom three have to be Anthony (although he is trying to change his image), Scott, and Anwar. I hope Anwar says good-bye tonight as I see potential in Scott and Anthony..................42

Best to worst, IMO:
Carrie--beautiful job, country really is her niche.
Constantine--beautiful job! I agree with Show that it was much like Fantasia's "sell" of "Summertime"
Nadia--she has great stage presence, and I'm kinda partial to that song, so I enjoyed her a lot.
Vonzell--she's growing on me, I agree with who said she's most improved.
Jessica--she's been growing on me as well, but I thought her performances in previous weeks were better than last nights.
Bo--he's fine but I didn't like the song at all.
Anthony--kind of a bland performance.
Scott--his worst performance in the past few weeks.
Anwar--also his worst performance.
Nikko--I don't know what it is with Nikko, he just does not "do it" for me.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Panties for Bo...

He shoulda, woulda, coulda done Hard to Handle by the Black Crows. THAT would have been a winner, and I think he has enough voice/talent where he coulda woulda pulled it off. It's probably a good thing he didn't sing that, as it might have resulted in a Doggygirl runaway-for-a-young-long-haired-singer sort of thing. Mr. Doggy agrees on the different song choice, which grounded me. So I'm not running. :laugh: :laugh:

Oh well - we'll see later who's "off" for next week.

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
So Who Got the Boot??

I didn't get a chance to catch the show last night and am getting ready to leave for a meeting so don't have time to watch it until later. I'm hoping someone will "spoil" me with the news..

DG

ranjake

Final Flight
I thought it was the wrong choice, too, but she did take it with class. I thought it was Anthony's time to go. There is nothing wrong with his voice, but he's not meshing well with any of the songs/performances, for me. He's really bland.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Wow..

I too am surprised in was Jessica. I think she has talent though, and I hope she gets some great opportunities from this experience. Good for her exiting with class!

ITA ABOUT ANTHONY!!!! Bleh, at least for me.

DG

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Well, out of all the women, Jesseca was the one I was glad to see go. Actually I was rooting for Scott to go because, quite frankly, I have no clue what key he was singing that song in Tuesday night. And if he points his hand one more time, I'm going to reach through the television and bite it! :rofl: He's bland AND boring.

I was also hoping Anthony would go. I knew Constantine wouldn't go. He sang that song really well Tuesday night, but the smarmy,greasy so-called sexy looks into the camera and all over the place have got to go. He just irks me.

Now Anwar needs to kick it up a notch or two. And Bo needs to come right back out and smack Constantine, the wannabe rocker, down. Ah, Bo----

Vonzell is really stepping it up and so is Carrie. And boy, Nadia just rocks for me even with the mohawks. So I'm not all that sad to see Jesseca go buh-bye.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Shocked to see Jessica go............I thought for sure it would be Anwar or Scott............the women are getting pared down to three.........enough.....time for some of the guys to say adios.........I'm still sticking with the top four to be Bo, Constantine, Nadia, and Carrie.............I would buy any of their CDs..........42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Season 4 group numbers SUCK....

They just don't BLEND... I thought season 1 and season 3 sounded bad with the few singers that just refused to harmonize... but seriously these numbers are just BAD...

they really had no business singing Everything Is Beautiful, because that was anything BUT beautiful :mad:

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
Song choice

Song choice really hurt Jessica, who is one of the better singers. Her choice was so forgetable that everyone who liked her forgot to vote for her.

Song choice will be key from here on out for those on the "bubble"---Anthony, Anwar, Nikko, Scott, Nadia and Vonzell. Carrie, Bo and Constantine seem to have fan bases who will vote them through no matter what they sing, especially Constantine, who, understanding he does a lot of mugging, took the time to use Crest White Strips and visit the dentist this past week.

My favorite final 3 would be Carrie, Bo and Nadia. It seems like Nadia will have to pull a Nikki McKibbon (who was in the bottom 3 about 5 or 6 times in her run to the top 3) to get there. For Nadia, the song choice for this coming week is absolutely crucial. She really needs to hit a home run and "improve" and get more votes to hold off Anthony and Anwar.

For some reason, Scott, who has deserved to be in the final 3 the last two weeks,isn't, and the same with Nikko, who also is forgetable, bland and of background singer quality.

There are 9 left---so to be honest, the following 6 can disappear in whatever order they wish, as the order is irrelevant, to leave the most original, best 3 singers----Nikko, Scott, Anthony, Anwar, Constantine and Vonzell.

After that, I see Nadia as 3rd, Bo second and Carrie as the winner.

All this can change with stupid song choices and meltdowns, of course, or change with pleasant surprises.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Tonichelle said:
Season 4 group numbers SUCK....

They just don't BLEND... I thought season 1 and season 3 sounded bad with the few singers that just refused to harmonize... but seriously these numbers are just BAD...

they really had no business singing Everything Is Beautiful, because that was anything BUT beautiful :mad:

"SUCK" is the perfect word for it, Toni...and exactly what I said for this week's group number and "He Ain't Heavy..." last week:
"My goodness, they really SUCK!"
xoxo
Rave

nubka

Final Flight
Bo...

I would LOVE to hear Bo sing a Doors/Jim Morrison song. I think he could really pull it off well.