What Will You Do This Off-Season? | Golden Skate

What Will You Do This Off-Season?

S

Show 42

What Will You Do This Off-Season?

Now that the "Off Season" has officially begun, I have decided to re-organize my video collection of figure skating (boy, I seem to do that every year).....I am going into "Paul Wylie Withdrawal"......and I need to make a more precise list of what and who is on each tape.....

How will you handle "Off Season"? 42

P

Pookie

Re: What Will You Do This Off-Season?

:lol: I was just doing that. I was looking for the Nancy/Oksana Olympic competition and decided I also need to list what I have on each tape.

K

Kzarah

In my spare time I am a napper. It's my hobby.
Daniel and Little Lulu

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

work... as a soon to be high school grad I now need a summer job :lol:

K

KwanFan1212

LOL, reorganization sounds like a good plan to me. I have to not only get my tapes organized, I have to get my ROOM organized FOR them.....LOL :rollin: I am also going to attempt to add to my skating collection with a few compilations I have had my eyes on for a while including some from Paul Wylie, Todd E., Timmy, Scott, and hopefully G&G. I have high hopes in tape trading plans....LOL :lol:

Other than that, I am job hunting. Not that I am jobless right now, but my current job might have to go soon. It doesn't have that great of pay and not that good of benefits either although I do enjoy the job in general. Sigh.....:(

S

starshinexavier

The off-season has yet to start for me. I have spring skate twice a week for 2 hours until mid June. I'll be going through my skating withdrawls then.

G

Grgranny

I wish I had time to organize my tapes but am still working on getting my house ready for sale. Seems to be taking forever. Next thing is to get ready for a garage sale. Too much stuff to try to show it. I also need to get rid of stuff before they can replace my garage floor and driveway.

L

Lcp88

Well, I still have school until may 30, so until then I'm not even going to think about being "off" skating. After that, then it'll be sleeping, reading, sleeping some more, and watching Alexei, Brian, and Shae-Lynn and Victor.
Laura

J

Joesitz

I will be at Americn Ballet Theatre till the end of June. I will go to San Diego and square dance in July. I will come back to the big apple and watch ballet competiton. Yes, such competitions exist but not for medals (although there are medals) - but for jobs. A week in Fire Island and then hate NY summers. Then wait with baited breath for the Campbells, Nats, Gp and Worlds.

What am I missing? Love? well that happens once in a while - still!

Hope all of you have a great summer and by all means give Golden Skate a whirl. Do you think Beatriza will win the 2006 Olys? I do.

Joe

S

Show 42

GrGranny, I know what you mean. We had to empty the contents of my mother-in-laws house and had a huge garage sale....too big for the driveway in fact..42

L

Ladskater

I will be working. Seems as though that is all I ever do. "No rest for the weary." As for skating, I will think about it. There are some rinks around here one can drop in for an afternoon skate. I look forward to the new season.

Ladskater

K

Kasey

Organizing videotapes sounds like a good idea...although it's a bit too much like cleaning! UGH...well, we'll see! Kasey

J

JOHIO2

Hi Joe,

We all know BB is your favorite up-and-comer! 2006 Olympics? The kid is certainly talented enough and TOUGH enough. Did you see the fluff piece they did on her on the Jr. Worlds broadcast on Lifetime? She is one tough cookie and very determined.

While I'm not ready to bet on BB for 2006 gold, yet, I certainly would not bet against her - ever!

D

dlksk8fan

I will be moving. Right now I am packing and getting ready for a big garage sale next weekend. Unfortunatly I am sick with a sore throat and body aches, but I'm working through my pain so I can be ready to move on May 15th. I'm still trying to find a place to live after I move out of my house so my kids can finish their school year here. Nobody wants to rent you a place for a month:( But by mid June I'll be outa here and in my new house unpacking what I am packing:p