Wisdom teeth are coming out on Friday | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Wisdom teeth are coming out on Friday

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sadly I am allergic to dairy - doesn't mean I don't cheat and sneak cheese and ice cream every once in a while - but I can't eat a lot of it :(

I'm feeling WAY better this morning. Pain meds finally kicked in and knocked me on my butt last night - it was fantastic - though when I opened my mouth this morning to take some meds it HURT...

I'm thinking I may try to bake today and tomorrow afterall (we have a cookie exchange going on at work on Monday)... but I also have to prepare for my sunday school craft... making an Angel Christmas Tree topper...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
sadly I am allergic to dairy - doesn't mean I don't cheat and sneak cheese and ice cream every once in a while - but I can't eat a lot of it :(
I have a friend who's lactose-intolerant, and he eats soy milk ice cream. Or sherbets. Not sure what kind of ice cream selection one can get in Alaska in December, though ;).

Mashed potatoes are also good, you can make a dairy free version.

Get well soon!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oh we get all of the same stuff the rest of the free world does lol

don't like soy, love sherbet

applesauce has become my friend in the last 12 hours lol

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
we used to have a local dairy that made fantastic dairy products (back before I got adult onset lactose intolerance) they went out of business a couple years ago even with all of the work Gov. Sarah Palin put into it to save it.

but yeah we don't have a huge variety of brands... we have Breyers, Dryers... and a few others....

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Toni, did you get pain killers & antibiotics??? Make sure you take them.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yup got pain meds... no antibiotics, they pumped me up with that during surgery and since there was no sign of infection during the surgery I don't get antibiotics to swallow (thank God those suckers are huge)

Blue Bead

Medalist
Toni....Have you tried applying an ice pack, filled with crushed ice (not cubes), to the side of your jaw where it hurts the most? Granted, you need to hold it there for 15 to 20 minutes, but that should ease some of the pain and reduce whatever swelling exists.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
got ice gel packs... I'm just incredibly swollen today which is putting pressure on the surgical areas.... Ibuprofen and Oxycodone are my friends today

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh Toni sounds like you are having a rough time. Keep taking your meds and watch out for infection.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Toni, You must really be sympathizing with Tanith Belbin right now. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
totally sympathise with her. my mom said she was skating at rockerfeller center sometime last week and I still don't believe her! LOL Either Tanith is made of stronger stuff... and I'm a wimp (most likely) or my mom is also on some strong drugs lol (mom isn't exactly up to date on skaters, took her forever to realize Melissa and Denis aren't competing anymore :no: )

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
totally sympathise with her. my mom said she was skating at rockerfeller center sometime last week and I still don't believe her! LOL Either Tanith is made of stronger stuff... and I'm a wimp (most likely) or my mom is also on some strong drugs lol (mom isn't exactly up to date on skaters, took her forever to realize Melissa and Denis aren't competing anymore :no: )

Nope your Mom is not crazy lol. Tanith and Ben were at Rockefeller Center last week.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/94254957/Getty-Images-Entertainment