Yea and nay | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yea and nay

mskater93

Record Breaker
Yea: Braden Overett (I wish he could get his jumps more consistent because he has the best feet of men's skating today!) :love:

Nay: Katarina Witt (ducking)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
MEN:

Yea: Matt Savoie, Shawn Sawyer, Scott Davis, David Liu, Angelo Dolfini, Petr Barna.
Nay: Todd Eldredge, Evgeni Plushenko (since 2001, before that he was fine), Brian Boitano (except for 87-88), Timothy Goebel.

LADIES:
Yea: Tatyana Malinina, Silvia Fontana, Karen Kwan, Marina Kielmann, Lenka Kulovana, Tugba Karedimir (all she needs is more speed), Stephanie Rosenthal.
Nay: Tara Lipinski, Oksana Bauil, Elena Sokolova, Miki Ando (tho she is starting to grow on me), Viktoria Volchkova.

PAIRS;
Yea: Rodionova & Krukov (wish they'd stayed together longer), Dube & Davison, Hough & Ladret.
Nay: Bereznaja & Sikharulidze (sacreligous, I know :sheesh: ), Totmiannina & Maranin, Orscher & Lucash.

DANCE:
Yea: Drobiazko & Vanagas, Gebora & Vistontai, Humphreys & Baranov, Lang & Tchernyshev.
Nay: Gritshuk & Platov, Grushina & Goncharov, Fusar-Poli & Margaglio.

Raatkirani

On the Ice
Yea: Alexander Abt, Alexei Urmanov (he never got attention despite his gold medal), Woetzel and Steuer (big names, but not household names)

Nay: Jill Trenary, Sale and Pelletier (don't hit me); Sarah Hughes, Tara Lipinski and Oksana Baiul (their amateur careers were too short lived--all feel like one hit wonders).

mkdream

Rinkside
Yea: Yoshie Onda, Yukari Nakano, Ann Patrice Mcdonnough ( What happened to her?), Emily Hughes

Nay: Irina Slutskaya, never really cared for her. Viktoria Volchkova, Sarah Meier, Joannie Rochette, don't know why but I really don't care for her.

Linny

Final Flight
Stick a fork

Part of the fun for me used to be razzing the nays from my armchair where they couldn't hear me. Mostly, my nays consisted of skaters who had accomplished some great moments and received deserved accolades, but stayed too long. I'd yell at the TV "Stick a fork in it! You're done!".

For eligible skaters ready to move onto something else: Mike Weiss and Tim Geobel are the two that come to mind immediately. Nichole Bobek during her last eligible year. For the skaters who already moved on from eligible skating, lately Brian Orser is getting on my nerves. He's done, he needs to move full-time into coaching or choreography. Brian Boitano is getting close. His jumps seem to be fading and his physical fitness level isn't quite where it should be (no more spandex pants for him).

The yahs are bit harder. If their programs aren't televised, how can I ever get to notice them? This year, they showed on American TV one of Suzanne Poykio's GP programs and I found it to be incredible. Plus, she was wearing a totally cool costume. Anyone remember it? I searched Google images but didn't find anything.

Linny