Yuka Nagai | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuka Nagai

mikaboo

Medalist
Yuka's new FS (August's Rhapsody) from PIW today.

ETA: After watching it about 10 times, I can't say I love it yet but I believe it's only her 3rd time to show it to an audience (as it shows) but I think it'll be fine when she gets used to it. She was training in Canada a few weeks ago and I'm guessing that's when she got it choreographed so she's only had it for a very short time (Yes, I'm making excuses for her, the rink was small too! :biggrin:) I like how she smiles when she faces the audience though.

The announcer said that Mao's FS was announced a week after she decided on her new SP and she was very surprised.

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Yuka's SP from Ondrej Nepela Trophy. :bow: to the person who uploaded it as the livestream went pitch-black when Yuka was skating.
Happy that she didn't pop anything although she got too close to the boards for the combination jumps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydz720RnCMA

:love:
The costume is one of my most favorites this season! Really looks good on her.
Further, I like this coreo!
Hope she can keep her jumps in FP also!:dance:

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Didn't expect Yuka to be second after the SP. Glad she landed everything, no pops this time. Bit low on PCS compared to others, but she's new so no reputation. Love her costume! Hope she does well in the free too!! :clap:

dna5019

Final Flight
Stopping by to say that Yuka did a wonderful job today! :yay: I'd love to see her on the podium tomorrow--wishing her the best of luck!! :cheer2:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Hopefully she can skate well in the FS! She did great today :cheer:

gotoschool

Medalist
I was amazed at how well Yuka Nagai skated her SP in Skate Canada. Wonderful height and distance in her triple lutz / triple toe, quick smooth and unusual entry into her double axel (the best one of the competition), fantastic flow and expression through the whole program with an intricate step sequence and marvelous use of her arms. Just a beautiful performance. Yuka's program is my favorite women's SP in Skate Canada. I hope she skates great in the LP as well.

Last edited:

DaPurpleDino

Final Flight
Super happy that Yuka did really well today, hopefully she can carry the momentum on to tomorrow.
What do you guys think about her chances of landing on the podium?

malo42

On the Ice
I'm so happy for Yuka. I hope she's able to keep it together tomorrow as well but I always worry about her.

mikaboo

Medalist
Congratulations to Yuka on the bronze! So proud of her that she only popped once in the FS :biggrin: but a bit concerned that she's starting to get URs. Good luck at CoR :cheer2:

yhmafan

Medalist
Congratulations on your bronze Yuka. I think she has potential to be great! Keep improving, girl :dance:

@Mikaboo just noticed that your new icon is awesome :agree:

ioanna

Record Breaker
August's Rhapsody has a special place in my heart and I'm happy every time I see Yuka skating to that piece. She is lovely. Congratulations!