Yuna Kim | Page 310 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

Briananing

On the Ice
Can yuna choose someone else to choreograph her new program ?? I knew that loyalty is a big thing to South korean but david wilson choreography is always hit and miss for me. It s like he already burned out sometimes.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Can yuna choose someone else to choreograph her new program ?? I knew that loyalty is a big thing to South korean but david wilson choreography is always hit and miss for me. It s like he already burned out sometimes.

I agree about DW, although I do think he always gives his best for The Queen ;)

ava

On the Ice
Watching Junior Worlds I wondered if Yuna Shiraiwa choice of LP music had something to do with Yuna, it turns out Ting Cui was indeed inspired by Yuna's Giselle
"Her inspiration for for her Free Skate to Giselle was a collaboration between her and choreographer Derrick Delmore. “I have always looked up to Yuna Kim and just remember her “Giselle” program,” said Cui. “It made a huge impression on my mind and I always knew I eventually wanted to skate to Giselle some day. When I was a juvenile, I skated to act one of Giselle, so I thought it would be very cool to skate to act two, with more dramatic music.” https://goldenskate.com/2019/03/quad-queen-trusova-defends-junior-world-title/

rikaquegira

On the Ice

while I agree about DW, I don't think he's ever done a bad program for Yuna. It's even kind of funny to think about it, with Yuna he's always more inspired it seems.. :laugh: thank god :pray:

jaylee

Medalist

I believe Sandra Bezic is collaborating with David on this one, since she was in the Instagram picture with David and Yuna. Sandra Bezic choreographed Yuna's "Please Don't Stop the Music" routine, and I believe she came up with the ideas for Yuna's Vancouver programs -- both the Bond girl concept, and Gershwin's Piano Concerto in F. I thought that she rarely choreographs anymore, so this is really exciting! She's a legendary choreographer.

Watching Junior Worlds I wondered if Yuna Shiraiwa choice of LP music had something to do with Yuna, it turns out Ting Cui was indeed inspired by Yuna's Giselle
"Her inspiration for for her Free Skate to Giselle was a collaboration between her and choreographer Derrick Delmore. “I have always looked up to Yuna Kim and just remember her “Giselle” program,” said Cui. “It made a huge impression on my mind and I always knew I eventually wanted to skate to Giselle some day. When I was a juvenile, I skated to act one of Giselle, so I thought it would be very cool to skate to act two, with more dramatic music.” https://goldenskate.com/2019/03/quad-queen-trusova-defends-junior-world-title/

When watching, I wondered that too! Wonderful to see that Yuna did indeed inspire Ting. Congrats to Ting on her bronze medal!

Alyssa Liu has also cited Yuna Kim a few times as her inspiration. Here's just one article, but there are a few others out there.

doublequad

On the Ice
does anyone know if spotify has yuna's send in the clowns soundtrack without lyrics? been trying to find it but can't seem to

rmsxvi

Rinkside
Yuna's Olympic programs still make me teary eyed. Send In The Clowns is just spectacular and moving. I just love it so much.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Yu-Na Kim

ATS Update: Yuna will have two new EX programs:
1. Variations on Dark Eyes by Lara St. John
2. Issues by Julia Michaels

Not sure about the second music choice, not my cup of tea but, Yuna can do no wrong so.. I can’t wait to watch Yuna’s new gems!

clippers8200

On the Ice
I was lucky enough to go in person and she was so good! Such an amazing presence on the ice and always on time with her music. Truly the queen.