Yuna Kim | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim

R.D.

Record Breaker
It's been some time since a ladies Oly champ was serious about continuing. I can't see her lasting more than one season if she does go on, but good for her if she can find the motivation.

brownfox

On the Ice
It's been some time since a ladies Oly champ was serious about continuing. I can't see her lasting more than one season if she does go on, but good for her if she can find the motivation.

I agree. I think I will give her 1 or 2 seasons and then that's it. When they announced that her mom set up a new agency(she's still supporting some young Korean skaters) and her support(she's very vocal) to Korea's bid for 2018 Olympics I knew she will at least try to compete again for another season.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Hey, hey! Don't write them off just yet!

I am not writing them off! I have plenty of faith espcially in our own little smile princess (mirai) but I can only image how hard it must be for them to know they they have to beat the Queen for who knows how many years to come. Its like skating in Michelle's shadow again.

miki88

Medalist
I am not writing them off! I have plenty of faith espcially in our own little smile princess (mirai) but I can only image how hard it must be for them to know they they have to beat the Queen for who knows how many years to come. Its like skating in Michelle's shadow again.

Irina did it pretty well though.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

I tend to think Yuna will stick around until the other Korean skaters are strong enough to hold their own and earn multiple spots to international competitions like 4CC and Worlds. With Hae-Jin Kim looking so good and Min-Jung now training under Orser, it may only be a season or two before one or both girls (or any others, that young girl So-Yeon Park who was 3rd at nationals is also very promising) emerge as highly regarded skaters. Obviously the US and Japan and Russia have had extreme depth in skating since the very beginning, which cannot be said of South Korea, but after Yu Na and all her accomplishments, it would be a dissapointment to see South Korea once again become a nation with very few quality skaters. Of course, Yu Na has helped make the sport much more popular, and I actually think all 3 medalists at this year's nationals (Kim, Kwak, Park) have the potential to be very good skaters indeed, it just might take a few years for them to reach that potential and thus I am not really surprised Yu Na is sticking around.

princess9

On the Ice
She seems to have a future as a Korean popstar. This is very marketable stuff in today's world. Well, Orser said she was a rockstar. I heard her say she listens to Lady Gaga and likes "Paparazzi." I hope she will use her great influence to do much for those in Asia. I like her voice, though I have no idea what she sings about.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Yuna's magnetism and appeal transcends ethnic / national boundaries. Some of the most passionate fans of Yuna I know are non-Koreans.

Please stop making such ignorant comments even as a joke. What if I were to say that anybody who thinks highly of Kwan / Cohen are just all Americans?

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Yuna's magnetism and appeal transcends ethnic / national boundaries. Some of the most passionate fans of Yuna I know are non-Koreans.

Please stop making such ignorant comments even as a joke. What if I were to say that anybody who thinks highly of Kwan / Cohen are just all Americans?

Honestly? I wouldn't care and perhaps the poster meant something along the lines of, "I've never seen such passion in cheering for a skater like a Korean audience does."

It's nice to see someone so passionate for a skater, but you're coming off like you worship the ice she skates on and it's a bit scary.

Last edited:

brownfox

On the Ice

Please dude, just relax. I'm a big Yuna fan too. And I will support Yuna no matter what but you're getting out of hand. You give Yuna fans a bad name.