Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Recently I’ve got blue flame II, so I want to write my view about it.

Ive not yet read through it, but this book was a saver for me. I read the final chapter about Worlds. He felt a certain satisfaction with this season although he got silver compared with the last (2014-15) season. For example he got several World records. He never blamed for someone/something and what’s important is he doesn’t at all lose his confidence in himself and has the pride on himself. What happened at Worlds couldn’t disparage his spirit at all. He has much hope in his future and he’s sure he can improve himself with techniques about after 4 years.
I feel so relieved to read the book. I don’t know if he can win at 2018 Olympics though, at least, he enjoys his skating life from the bottom of his heart now. It’s enough for me. I knew his fierce love for skate like a child and I think it’s the base of his skating life, but the love seems to get stronger after the hardships. I think he can live a happy life as a human as long as he keeps his belief and sincerity as we see in his attitudes for 3.11 victims. Of course he’s still young and may not a perfect person like all of us, yet any situation happens I can believe in him and his future.

Another thing I noticed to read this book is his destiny… which is he must keep competing as a Olympic champion. At only 19 yo, he became a champion without any mental preparation and the title has burdened him so much. Of course, injuries are not unusual among skaters (it’s sad…), but what’s different about him is he must have gone through many injuries and a surgery with the Olympic title without taking a rest. He must have kept competing without eluding hardships and keep doing also in the future. The weight and suffer with the title is beyond my imagination. He’s already gone through those bitter and got over them, which give him much trust in himself.

Last edited:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

Ive not yet read through it, but this book was a saver for me. I read the final chapter about Worlds. He felt a certain satisfaction with this season although he got silver compared with the last (2014-15) season. For example he got several World records. He never blamed for someone/something and what’s important is he doesn’t at all lose his confidence in himself and has the pride on himself. What happened at Worlds couldn’t disparage his spirit at all. He has much hope in his future and he’s sure he can improve himself with techniques about after 4 years.
I feel so relieved to read the book. I don’t know if he can win at 2018 Olympics though, at least, he enjoys his skating life from the bottom of his heart now. It’s enough for me. I knew his fierce love for skate like a child and I think it’s the base of his skating life, but the love seems to get stronger after the hardships. I think he can live a happy life as a human as long as he keeps his belief and sincerity as we see in his attitudes for 3.11 victims. Of course he’s still young and may not a perfect person like all of us, yet any situation happens I can believe in him and his future.

Another thing I noticed to read this book is his destiny… which is he must keep competing as a Olympic champion. At only 19 yo, he became a champion without any mental preparation and the title has burdened him so much. Of course, injuries are not unusual among skaters (it’s sad…), but what’s different about him is he must have gone through many injuries and a surgery with the Olympic title without taking a rest. He must have kept competing without eluding hardships and keep doing also in the future. The weight and suffer with the title is beyond my imagination. He’s already gone through those bitter and got over them, which give him much trust in himself.
:sad21: your words are really touching. I've seen the last chapter was sad and painful for many to read, but I'm glad he could feel more satisfaction about this season than last.

Don't you guys think this anime is inspired by Yuzuru and his idol Plushenko?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh-Olq7caGU

I mean both Japanese and Russian figure skaters in the anime have similar names, Yuuri and Yuri, and in the beginning of the teaser the young Japanese skater's image is faded in the older Russian skater's image. I'm looking forward for this anime :)

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States

I mean both Japanese and Russian figure skaters in the anime have similar names, Yuuri and Yuri, and in the beginning of the teaser the young Japanese skater's image is faded in the older Russian skater's image. I'm looking forward for this anime :)

Kenji Miyamoto is doing the choreography. I'm very hopeful for this series. Still no firm release date but still projected for 2016.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I feel so relieved to read the book.

So interesting to read your thoughts. I must admit, he remains a mystery to me (in a good way), and I feel there is so much about him that we don't really know. I would love to read this book but imagine it will not be translated into English. Thanks for taking the time to do such a thoughtful post.

Rissa

Record Breaker

I'm not sure about Yuzu but the Russian guy us pretty much Plushy anjmated. :laugh:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
:sad21: your words are really touching. I've seen the last chapter was sad and painful for many to read, but I'm glad he could feel more satisfaction about this season than last.

Yes, it’s the same silver as last year, but the meaning which he gave to it is different. Of course, he wanted to win, and the result was not what he’d aimed for and it was pretty regrettable and a big loss. Despite that, the meaning of the silver is on a positive side, not negative. You cannot change the fact itself happened actually, but you can put your meaning on the fact on your free will. The fact of silver doesn’t change, but after 2 months from Worlds, the meaning of it inside himself is not so blue and feels bright.

Another thing I found interesting is his thought with Brian. He says the point that Brian is excellent about is his ability to produce gold as a silver medalist. He says the resentment of silver remains forever, but the (joy of) gold vanishes soon and he himself realizes it. Brian was not able to get gold, and he’s lived with the bitter. But that’s because he’s discussed and thought out how to get gold more than anyone else and actually could raise the gold medalists. Yuzu sees Brian close to him and really feel that the bitterness of loss is one of the things which make his deep insight possible. I found it suggestive.
(For example, with peaking, the strategy of Brian is really careful and sophisticated, and that’s not what he can do by himself. )

He has the hate-to-lose spirit(lol). But the meaning of defeat seems to be changing in his mind during the past 2 seasons and he comes to know the meaning of it and take many lessons from it. That’s the thing I feel to read the book.

Last edited:

oriquey

Final Flight
Yes, it’s the same silver as last year, but the meaning which he gave to it is different. Of course, he wanted to win, and the result was not what he’d aimed for and it was pretty regrettable and a big loss. Despite that, the meaning of the silver is on a positive side, not negative. You cannot change the fact itself happened actually, but you can put your meaning on the fact on your free will. The fact of silver doesn’t change, but after 2 months from Worlds, the meaning of it inside himself is not so blue and feels bright.

Another thing I found interesting is his thought with Brian. He says the point that Brian is excellent about is his ability to produce gold as a silver medalist. He says the resentment of silver remains forever, but the (joy of) gold vanishes soon and he himself realizes it. Brian was not able to get gold, and he’s lived with the bitter. But that’s because he’s discussed and thought out how to get gold more than anyone else and actually could raise the gold medalists. Yuzu sees Brian close to him and really feel that the bitterness of loss is one of the things which make his deep insight possible. I found it suggestive.
(For example, with peaking, the strategy of Brian is really careful and sophisticated, and that’s not what he can do by himself. )

He has the hate-to-lose spirit(lol). But the meaning of defeat seems to be changing in his mind during the past 2 seasons and he comes to know the meaning of it and take many lessons from it. That’s the thing I feel to read the book.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts of the book. I wish I can read Japanese to further understand what Yuzuru is saying.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

oh I feel the same, more after this season.

mikaboo

Medalist
I haven’t read the article yet, but people who got this magazine are saying that Yuzuru’s new SP is something upbeat, the costume is something totally different to previous ones and the EX is by David Wilson :popcorn:

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I haven’t read the article yet, but people who got this magazine are saying that Yuzuru’s new SP is something upbeat, the costume is something totally different to previous ones and the EX is by David Wilson :popcorn:
Ahh, bunny found a way to collab with David anyways, yay!:hap10: Can't wait to see all new programs!:hap57: What a treat for his fans! 3 new programs!:hap93:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Ahh, bunny found a way to collab with David anyways, yay!:hap10: Can't wait to see all new programs!:hap57: What a treat for his fans! 3 new programs!:hap93:

so he still came back to DW as we felt :))) :laugh2:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Oh my, what should we expect from the costume? (I can't see him in suspenders either :laugh:) I wish SC could come sooner!
I'm glad to hear he's working with DW on his EX this year, he's done some interesting EX numbers the past few seasons, I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Plumededragon

Medalist
I have to admit, I'm worried for the costume too. I hope he won't throw away the bling and simply chose some random clothes from the closet like Chan did last year. :laugh:
EDIT: or maybe it meant that the costume looks nothing like Chopin's from the past 2 seasons?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.