Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 270 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

Magill

Record Breaker

Magill

Record Breaker
And here's some more from Re_Pray BTS :)
The workout took place during the 30-minute break when everyone thought Yuzu was resting a bit right!

Last edited:

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I must say that I preferred so much when his main (and real) rival was Patrick Chan who would say "this time he was the best, but next time..." and Yuzuru Hanyu would say "Patrick Chan is the Sun, I must surpass the Sun", which to me speak sports so much, rather than what PR companies/agents who seem to have no idea of what competition is, make today's athletes say, like, we're all friends, I wish my competitors to win... which screams falsity. I'm not speaking of athletes whose aim is at best to reach the Free Skate at championships, I'm speaking of World podium contenders: who can believe them?

I may have had a problem with some things that came flying out of Patrick's mouth from time to time but Patrick's skating is something I still watch to this day. It was superb. And of course Yuzu knew that as well. "I must surpass the Sun" is funny but at the same time clearly shows what the competitive spirit in sport is about. Having competed in sports myself, I appreciate seeing that spirit in others. Especially Yuzu. He was quite animated at times after finishing a great skate and it made me laugh out loud. How could I not enjoy watching such a great sportsman?

As for wishing one's competitors to win? That's rubbish. Having said that, competitors in the same sport can indeed be great friends. In tennis, my fav athlete who I have watched his entire career, Rafa Nadal, is great friends with other tennis legend, Roger Federer.

Magill

Record Breaker
New clips keep being posted. Here on one of the screens you can see how the "falling bricks"episode was recorded plus some more YUzu interactions with the staff and collaborators :love:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I may have had a problem with some things that came flying out of Patrick's mouth from time to time but Patrick's skating is something I still watch to this day. It was superb. And of course Yuzu knew that as well. "I must surpass the Sun" is funny but at the same time clearly shows what the competitive spirit in sport is about. Having competed in sports myself, I appreciate seeing that spirit in others. Especially Yuzu. He was quite animated at times after finishing a great skate and it made me laugh out loud. How could I not enjoy watching such a great sportsman?

As for wishing one's competitors to win? That's rubbish. Having said that, competitors in the same sport can indeed be great friends. In tennis, my fav athlete who I have watched his entire career, Rafa Nadal, is great friends with other tennis legend, Roger Federer.
In fact, I believe that Yuzuru Hanyu was lucky to have a model with such exceptional skating skills, because I'm afraid Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson wouldn't have convinced him so well of working really fiercely on them, had there not been Patrick Chan to surpass. His were so good for his age already, and his new coaches were asking him so much, to rework them nearly from scratch! Patrick Chan maybe wasn't very friendly to Yuzuru Hanyu, but he didn't have to be, unlike I would say, his Japanese seniors.
And, isn't it? All competitors work so hard to win, or to get better placements, that making them say the opposite must even have detrimental effects on their mental health.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
New clips keep being posted. Here on one of the screens you can see how the "falling bricks"episode was recorded plus some more YUzu interactions with the staff and collaborators :love:

He has alway been so attentive and considerate to technical staff! I see it as a common point between the GOATs I know. It's logical, because when you're pushing the limits of your domain, you're necessarily exploring all the domains contributing to your performance, plus Yuzuru Hanyu is kind and considerate to all.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
By the way, Tetsuko Kuroyanagi later invited Yuzuru Hanyu to her TV show Tetsuko's Room, the video on her Youtube channel has just reached 1,300,000 views:

AND RE_PRAY credits video, which had so lately reached the million views, has now a hundred thousand more views:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVY9Txe3AH8

(Yuzuru Hanyu skates to a music from video game Estpolis II, by Yasunori Shio, played by the Music Engine orchestra.)

Magill

Record Breaker
Because he has developed such amazing stamina, we may forget that the asthma is still there, just under control. And the physical demands of his shows... I really honestly can think of few if any others who could manage it.
Here's a vey informative video about Yuzuru and asthma. Yuzu is really an amazing athlete and such a great source of hope and inspiraton for other people with asthma (you can see it in the comments).

Magill

Record Breaker
Short (appx. 10 minutes) Notte Stellata behind-the-scenes video focused mainly (but not solely) on Yuzu collaboration with Mao Daichi has been posted by News Every TV on their official YouTube channel. Enjoy!