2014 Skate Canada Ladies SP 10/31 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Ladies SP 10/31

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think Ashley knew she was short on the 3F-3T, so seemed happy with that score....

Anyway a solid start for her. It's higher than Gracie's score FWIW. :slink:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Ugh, Ashley's program fails to hit the highlights of the music. She needs to move both of the jumps further back back and put a spiral sequence in there. C'mon now. She has time too, because she is doing nothing after the first couple spins. Emptyyyy.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Wagner: 3F-3T - two-footed 3T and possibly short on rotation, 2A, 3Lo - big but possibly UR too? Musical interpretation and performance are on a totally different level compared to the others, imo.

(Goes into second place)

Lissy

Medalist
I really like what this program can be for Ashley. But right now it seems a little empty and the footwork is far too simple. It has lovely moments and I love the music for her but she can do more difficult than that.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think Anna's dress looks nice. That's already a miles away from her last season.
I am glad that Anna gets 1st place after SP. :laugh:

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
It's okay that Anna like others isn't everyone's cup of tea.

We don't mind that, it's just the tone of those posters always gets my hackles up because of the dismissing of everything that was done well. I have noticed that almost every (not all, obviously) post criticizing a Russian skater acts like there's not a dozen things they're doing right for every two to three things that aren't.

I'm sorry, it's just I see something that I thought was pretty good and before I know it there's ten post tearing it down.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
lol! Ashley just said that her strength is her maturity/skating like a woman, since she's "skating against sonograms". This girl kills me!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's clear that Adam Rippon did this program and his relative lack of experience shows here----

As far as the young choregraphers battle goes -- I actually think Rachael Flatt did a much better SP for Angela Wang than Adam did for Ashley here. I hope Cindy Stuart will step in and fill it out a bit more.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I don't find Anna's dress annoying at all, not even hers from last season. I love her fierce personality, which is definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

I think Anna's dress look nice. That's already a miles away from her last season.
I am glad that Anna gets 1st place after SP. :laugh:

Icey

Record Breaker
Ashely's dress doesn't flatter her at all and up close with the ill matching illusion it looks cheap. Glad she did well, but somewhat surprised she is second.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Ashley get the "Ooops our Gracie faltered", we may need to have a new replacement number 1 USFSA bonus point. I'd actually have her in 3rd actually lol... that wasn't a great skate.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 65.28 Short Program
2. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 63.86 Short Program
3. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 62.54 Short Program
4. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) - 60.22 Short Program
5. Rika HONGO (JPN) - 59.10 Short Program
6. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 57.45 Short Program
7. Alaine CHARTRAND (CAN) - 57.06 Short Program
8. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 56.36 Short Program
9. Julianne SEGUIN (CAN) - 52.74 Short Program