2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Short Dance 11/21 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Short Dance 11/21

Matilda

Medalist
Pasquale looks confused about that score--and for a reason. I expected Madi & Zach to score at least 62.

caitie

Medalist
Things looked kind of weird between H/D to me... maybe they knew they messed up somewhere and were unhappy about it but I'm used to them looking a lot more engaged and happy together IDK.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Yeah, she did stumble to my eye. Definitely a couple sloppy moments in there.

Glad I wasn't alone thinking this. It didn't really have the flair of their CoC SP. But still good, nonetheless.

Florencito

Medalist
They were tense and a bit slower. Still like this SD more than all the others bar Hurtado/Diaz's.
Also quite out of sync here and there.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yeah, she did stumble to my eye. Definitely a couple sloppy moments in there.

That looked like a very nnnnnnnnnervous performance (though it's hard to tell because the ISU channel tends to go into superslow-mo at odd moments). They should have run away with this--and they didn't. Nerves.

Lota

Record Breaker
Well, that was a rougher skate for P/C. Rather good nonetheless. Well, they're still young. Frankly, it's surprising they managed too pull off 2 clean programs the last time. So yeah...

Wooow, the points :shocked:

caitie

Medalist
A generous score for that performance IMO. I think the pressure got to them a bit. It wasn't bad, though, and their FD is where their real strength lies.

Sackie

Medalist
And yes they do and yes they did run away with it - even with those errors. Wow by the end of the year they will be in the hunt for the World Title.

charmblade

Final Flight
Her skirt/cape thing confuses me. I see what they were going for, but it just doesn't quite work. Although it is nice to see some color other than red out there.

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
There are moments when I get the idea behind that dress, but most of the time I find it distracting.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Did Christopher Dean choreograph this program? Gilles channeling Torvill's cape costume from her Paso Doble in the 80s.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
G/P with a higher tech score? How very interesting. But Piper really has improved. She is finally stretching and finishing moves. Good for her. I wouldn't be surprised to see this in the lead.

ETA: 2nd. Ah. Home cooking. Isn't that right Snow? ;)

Last edited: