2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Short Dance 11/21 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Short Dance 11/21

caitie

Medalist
Ah. Home cooking. Isn't that right Snow? ;)

LOL, it does seem that way tbh. If G/P were Canadian #1 they'd might have eeked out a lead here, though. Ah, ice dancing.

Re: Dean, I know for sure he worked on their FD choreography, but I'm not sure about their SD. It wouldn't surprise me, though. He works with Paul a lot.

beabstress

On the Ice
I'm hoping that Gabriella and Guillaume got the nerves out here in the short dance and will give a spectacular performance in the free.

cjmorton29

Rinkside
LOL, it does seem that way tbh. If G/P were Canadian #1 they'd might have eeked out a lead here, though. Ah, ice dancing.

Re: Dean, I know for sure he worked on their FD choreography, but I'm not sure about their SD. It wouldn't surprise me, though. He works with Paul a lot.

Actually for this season it was the SD that Christopher Dean worked with them mainly, according to the talk and interviews in Canada. They went to him for the SD and he is responsible for almost all the choreography, whereas their coaches (Carol, Jon and Juris) were the main choreographers for the free.

In regards to the cape, it is actually accurate to the original Paso Doble style, in which the cape is one of the characters. I think it really adds to it, I love it!

MarieM

On the Ice
Good God what is she wearing is she channeling Batgirl with the cape?

Go and watch T&D's 84 OSP. Same music, same choreography. Unfortunatly, they are no Torvill and Dean and to me, that comparison gives them no favor at all.
Piper is unwatchable in that thing.

slider11

Medalist
Don't get the French in first. That skate was rough. I think Gilles and Poirier did well. I find the cape-thing captivating. I'm not sure what her eye make-up is all about but I like the dance. What's with Madison? What aura was she trying to create on the ice? Bored American? The Spanish were very good. My predictions remain 1. Gilles and Poirier 2. Gabriella and Gillaume 3. Sara and Adria

Lota

Record Breaker
I'm hoping that Gabriella and Guillaume got the nerves out here in the short dance and will give a spectacular performance in the free.

You know what though, I don't think they can ever skate as "well" as they did in their SP in Rostelecom Cup last year :laugh: I hope I'm not proven wrong though :unsure:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker

This.
I think it's understandable they are a bit overwhelmed to skate in France after their breakthrough at CoC, but I hope they will overcome this kind of pressure as soon as possible.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Every single one of those men should be made to sit down and watch Torvill and Dean's PD repeatedly. The PD is all about male arrogance and power and machismo, which Christopher Dean has in spades in his PD. Just the way he throws Torvill to the ice at the end of it. Wowza. That's PD, not these Dating Game with Castanets. The only one to me who comes close to it is Adria Diaz. But the rest? Pah.

A little on the "perhaps I shouldn't mention it side," but I could tell from the sweat stains under Cizeron's arms before they even started their dance--and in a cold rink no less!--that they were both nervous. So, let's say they walked away with this, when they could really have run away with it.

Mao88

Record Breaker
SHORT DANCE - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON (FRA) - 64.06 Short Dance
2. Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 61.90 Short Dance
3. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE (USA) - 60.19 Short Dance
4. Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ (ESP) - 57.64
5. Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI (ITA) - 56.57 Short Dance
6. Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM (CAN) - 55.17 Short Dance
7. Rebeka KIM / Kirill MINOV (KOR) - 45.66

caitie

Medalist
Actually for this season it was the SD that Christopher Dean worked with them mainly, according to the talk and interviews in Canada. They went to him for the SD and he is responsible for almost all the choreography, whereas their coaches (Carol, Jon and Juris) were the main choreographers for the free.

In regards to the cape, it is actually accurate to the original Paso Doble style, in which the cape is one of the characters. I think it really adds to it, I love it!

Oops! Thanks for correcting me, cjmorton29. Sorry for the bad info, everyone!

caitie

Medalist
I wish P/I's coach would put their music on and have everyone in the rink Clap. To. The. Beat. while they practice. Their movement looks way too lyrical.

I love H/D's short dance, and I actually like that weird rotational lift the Italian team did.

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
You know what though, I don't think they can ever skate as "well" as they did in their SP in Rostelecom Cup last year :laugh: I hope I'm not proven wrong though :unsure:
I was captivated by that CoR skate last year too. Here's hoping today was just home country, big stage nervousness:agree:

MarieM

On the Ice
It was 16°C outside today in Bordeaux and the rink is always really warm. Not your typical ice rink ;)

MarieM

On the Ice
Well look again. Guillaume is ROCK Solid. He outskated everyone tonight. He's like Elena.
A tad nervous yes, but he's solid.

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker
Every single one of those men should be made to sit down and watch Torvill and Dean's PD repeatedly. The PD is all about male arrogance and power and machismo, which Christopher Dean has in spades in his PD. Just the way he throws Torvill to the ice at the end of it. Wowza. That's PD, not these Dating Game with Castanets. The only one to me who comes close to it is Adria Diaz. But the rest? Pah.
:laugh2::agree:

beabstress

On the Ice
This.
I think it's understandable they are a bit overwhelmed to skate in France after their breakthrough at CoC, but I hope they will overcome this kind of pressure as soon as possible.

There very well could have been a big question mark in their mind about whether or not they'd finish ahead of Gilles/Poirier; after all, G/P DID finish higher at Worlds last season. Now, solidly in first, P/C are leading the pack--hope they run with it! They have something so special going on.