Russian Ladies Team for EC 2015: facts, speculations and drama | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Russian Ladies Team for EC 2015: facts, speculations and drama

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who would ever have thought that an event where teenage girls are the major players could lead to such drama. :laugh:

buch

Match Penalty
I wonder what if Russian Championships ends:
1. Skater X - 206 points (clean skate)
2. Skater Y - 202 points (clean skate)
3. Skater Z - 198 points (clean skate) ?

Let's assume skaters XYZ are seniors and that feds did some "test" skates for Sotnikova and she was decent/good.
Would you send to Euros Adelina, who hasn’t skated competetively for a year, instead of Skater Z?

Amei

Record Breaker

Let's assume skaters XYZ are seniors and that feds did some "test" skates for Sotnikova and she was decent/good.
Would you send to Euros Adelina, who hasn’t skated competetively for a year, instead of Skater Z?

Test skates are not in a competitive environment and don't have the same pressure on them as skating at an event like Nationals or a GP event. Plus, most likely Skater Z most likely, has been on the podium at a GP event this year - so Skater Z and her programs have proven to be a least competitive against other international skaters.

I would send skater Z

Sandpiper

Record Breaker

I'd send Skater Z. But... I don't think this is the debate here? The real question is, would you send a somewhat-healthy Adelina over Skater Z if Skater Z skated badly (and isn't Liza or Elena)?

NaVi

Medalist
If the difference between 1st senior and 3rd senior is only 8 points then I think you would send the 3rd senior... but lately the difference in performance has been around 15-25 points and in that case send Adelina.

Roman09

Final Flight
Yes, but what kind of site is that? A government, political etc., website?
The quote (http://doverennielitsa.ru/about/) "The portal is urged to become a platform for interaction of these active and authoritative people, their communication not only with each other, but also with all compatriots to whom activity of the Russian President and his supporters" the Site non-governmental, but quite to itself official isn't indifferent
(sorry for my English)

Alba

Record Breaker
The quote (http://doverennielitsa.ru/about/) "The portal is urged to become a platform for interaction of these active and authoritative people, their communication not only with each other, but also with all compatriots to whom activity of the Russian President and his supporters" the Site non-governmental, but quite to itself official isn't indifferent
(sorry for my English)

I understand. Thank you Roman. :)

I guess isn't too much from me, then, to expect a comment from the spokesperson of the President of Russia, on the "issue" . :popcorn:

Mafke

Medalist
Who would ever have thought that an event where teenage girls are the major players could lead to such drama. :laugh:

Yes, because when I think of teenage girls "calm, logical and impeccably reasoned behavior" is the first thing that comes to mind.

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, up to know the only "calm, logical and impeccably reasoned behavior" came from a teenage girl, only.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

If skater Z is Lipnitskaya, Pogorilaya, or Leonova, definitely send them. They have "reputation" on the international stage and have had strong performances/placements at big international events recently. If skater Z is someone like Korobeynikova or Artemieva, idk, I would say they should get to go, but I think it would be more reasonable to send Adelina in this case since the others have not had strong international results recently.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Imo, no, not when Adelina has her hair down at any rate. :p (Just trying to lighten up the thread...)

IMO, Adelina has a very cute, girl-next-door kind of beauty. Anna is more of a stunning, exotic beauty. They are both very pretty girls, but Anna has that x-factor that Adelina doesn't really have. Just my two cents, I could see why some people may prefer Adelina.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Oh. My. God.

The DRAMA! :drama: I love figure skating for this :biggrin: Nice to know Moser's remarks were faked. I almost lost respect for her :) The OP will be updated.

ADDED 25.12.2014
12. Nina Moser (Volosozhar/Trankov's coach) said that her words in press are fake. She said she's furious, and she never said anything about selection process to the Ladies National Team, and about Yulia herself.
Source: http://itar-tass.com/sport/1670671

Tatiana Volosozhar (Russian Pair skater) confirmed Moser's words through her Instagram account. She said that it was 'slander and provocation' by Russian newspaper 'Izvestia', or one of its employees. Her post in Instagram was written in rather aggressive manner.
Source: http://instagram.com/p/xABCp8D_iY/

Last edited:

eli60056

On the Ice
A non-denial denial, I guess. I understand if she claimed that her words were twisted but flat out denying even saying anything? Just weird.

Who need Worlds championships when you have Russian Nationals? This is juicier than an episode of Real Housewives.

http://i.imgur.com/oU6bflS.gif

I don't know why you call this a non-denial denial. I think it is a flat out and very definite denial.

This is not the first time Nina Mozer has been "mis"quoted when she had never given an interview in the first place and anyone who has followed her interviews must have seen her references to similar such cases. Also anyone who has ever followed her interviews must have noticed that she only ever comments on her own skaters or herself, and only on things that concern her own group directly. She stays away from any and all intrigues in the FS world at large and doesn't give her opinions freely, so whatever was cited by that source was quite in contrast with everything Mozer has done so far.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I believe Moser (and Tatiana Volosozhar) when they say the words were fake. The press seems to have a habit of doing that... :disapp:

IMO, Adelina has a very cute, girl-next-door kind of beauty. Anna is more of a stunning, exotic beauty. They are both very pretty girls, but Anna has that x-factor that Adelina doesn't really have. Just my two cents, I could see why some people may prefer Adelina.
I think Adelina's features are a bit "sharper/finer" than Anna's (not sure how to describe it). I can see why people find Anna beautiful; it's just that something about the shape of her nose, her bold lips, ect. doesn't really fit together for me. I find her pretty, of course, just not the prettiest. :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I believe(d) Mozer too. Last year a reporter told Yulia that they would print a story with or without a statement from her and how they thought the story should be told. Next thing ya know an article came out about her personal life and how she doesn't have friends and said she won't ever have a boyfriend as long as she skates. She promptly got on VK and exposed the reporter before the story came out. I rembered it because Denis Ten commented support for her and told her to get a PR person.

The media's first goal is their own ambition to stay in buisiness. I still believe most of this is just to create drama for better ratings. Like her or not she is well known and widely admired in Russia. That equals views to these people first and foremost. :drama:

Edited to add a (d) to Believe

Last edited: