2015 Europeans Pairs Free Skate Feb 1 | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Pairs Free Skate Feb 1

viennaskater

Medalist
I love diva Ksenia.. she rocks! :)

Personally I think we can do without divas in ice skating - I remember Oksana Grischuk being like that and it got very boring, especially as she wasn't even a good ice dancer. Give me skaters with real personality and good manners!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Oh right. Now is disrespectful for the audience and here I am thinking that you are so pissed with her because she wasn't passing a tissue to Fedor. :sarcasm:

Jesus! Her whole attitude was bad: towards her partner and the audience. No matter how many excuses you try to make for her, I am not buying it.
She is a top athlete with plenty of experience, she should now better. Things like this stick with you, like the infamous Barbara Fusar Poli death stare.

Lota

Record Breaker
I'd love to see a Ksenia and Fusar Poli staredown, now that would be someting!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I predict we'll be seeing a lot of Ksenia in the "figure skating gifs" thread. :slink:

I don't judge her though...not everyone can control their emotions all of the time. I feel terrible for them but of course, thrilled for Yuko & Sasha.

With passion burns fire! I'm sure her partner is quite aware of this.

Question: What is the proper way to pronounce Ksenia ?

Last edited:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Oh right. Now is disrespectful for the audience and here I am thinking that you are so pissed with her because she wasn't passing a tissue to Fedor.

No. It's just wasn't respectful to anybody. Fedor didn't behave that way when she made two huge mistakes at nationals. They are athletes, obviously, but they are also the performers and public figures who simply should now the basic etiquette at least. Meagan Duhamel also isn't an angel who always pass a tissue to Eric but she doesn't act as if he did a mistake that costs their lives.

viennaskater

Medalist
Jesus! Her whole attitude was bad: towards her partner and the audience. No matter how many excuses you try to make for her, I am not buying it.
She is a top athlete with plenty of experience, she should now better. Things like this stick with you, like the infamous Barbara Fusar Poli death stare.

With you there! No one likes bad sportsmanship, or bad sportwomanship!

kinoriH

Final Flight
Say whatever you want, I love her still. :biggrin:

But now seriously, HOW AWESOME WERE VALENTINA AND ONDREJ.
:cheer:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Yes M/H were very impressive. Hope they will get soon 3twist. Solo lutzes were super

Arawen

Final Flight
On Swedish TV they say that Ksenia doesn´t want to go out to the photo session, she doesn´t want to talk to anyone it seems.

Lota

Record Breaker
I'm glad that we've had 4 (yes, even with the horrid ending, S/K were great) awesome performances today! Gonna rewatch the heck out of them!

Alba

Record Breaker
No, I am like that too :laugh: That's why I also said that I totally understand how she feels, it'll pass soon. As hard as she is on him, she's also hard on herself. She's just pissed at everything. This is a partnership, there are both good and bad times, and this is their bad (though I wouldn't call silver all that bad, they're probably sick of it already XD )

Ksenia: "In fact, Fedor has a very strong character, he just, unlike me, doesn't openly shows. I sometimes think that he is harder than I am, he just very cultured and educated man. And if I need their emotions throw out, or I can explode, then Fedor himself controls and constrains without any problems. "

Because Ksenia, as they say, you have an explosive nature?
K .:
Do not hide from journalists. (Laughs.)
F .: But I am calm, like an elephant. (Laughs.) :laugh:So we have the perfect combination. Although it is actually much more complex than plus to minus. Relationship - that on the ice, that in life - it's always work, always compromises.

Each couple has their own dynamics. No one from outside can pretend to know, or teach how to handle them. They are strong and happy to skate together. There must be a reason for it.

Kinga

Medalist
Oh right. Now is disrespectful for the audience and here I am thinking that you are so pissed with her because she wasn't passing a tissue to Fedor. :sarcasm:

I think it is understandable that people do not appreciate Ksenias behaviour there.

Talvijasmini

Spectator
Is it just me or would somebody else want to see Stolbova/Klimov skating to the music only, without playing roles and characters on ice?

Alba

Record Breaker
She is a top athlete with plenty of experience, she should now better. .

Excuses for her?:laugh: You are mistaken. I was just saying that people are different. This is a sport at elite level and they had a bad performance and she is really pissed. There are those who explode and show they are angry, and those who hide it. Good for you, if you are always cool, calm or whatever.

Things like this stick with you, like the infamous Barbara Fusar Poli death stare

Yes, and people laugh with that, like Maurizio does. It's not like they have a trauma. :rolleye:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I'm so so happy for Marchei/Hotarek because in just 5 months they've been able to create something superbe!! They deserved 4th place for sure, but their performance (in terms of how well they performed in relation to what they're able to do) was probably the best of the night.

And the next beautiful thing of this competition is Kavaguti/Smirnov finally being rewarded with what they deserve: their FS was so emotional, hadn't it been for that awakward mistake in the lift it would have been one of my favourite programs ever. But, again, just 1 points more than S/K in PCS: I'm not going to express my feelings about this, just the numbers: 8.89 vs 8.39 in PE and 9.04 vs 8.71 in IN?! And a lower mark for CH? Just "no comment", since I don't want to be rude :biggrin:

And, just to make things even more fascinating, I would really like to know what the judge who gave +3 to S/K's first lift was looking at (their names on the board maybe)? :sarcasm:

On Swedish TV they say that Ksenia doesn´t want to go out to the photo session, she doesn´t want to talk to anyone it seems.
:drama::drama::drama: