2015 Europeans Pairs Free Skate Feb 1 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2015 Europeans Pairs Free Skate Feb 1

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Interview:

Yuko says they have a wonderful program, and all they wanted was to show it to the public. When asked about whether she was thinking of Worlds, she says she can't think of anything right now, when the Europeans aren't even over (I think she means "when the Europeans were just over"). Also thanks her fans in Japanese at the end (Smirnov in Russian, I suppose).

Mirunna

Record Breaker
She remind me of Maria Mukhortova when she wasn´t pleased with her and Trankov´s skating.

True, she did that sometimes, but in Vancouver SP, at the most important moment in their careers until that point, after his fall, she acted very gracious and supportive towards him though.

Eevun

Final Flight
That interview was awkward... :slink: I think that journalist usually does ice hockey, she knows nothing about figure skating. And apparently nothing about interviewing... The most common question in Sweden is "How does it feel?". Awkward.........

kinoriH

Final Flight
I think it's pretty safe to say that Ksenia and Fedor suffer from the silver curse.
SOMEONE SAVE THEM!

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Smirnov said something about, thanks for believing in us. My Russian is a bit sketchy.

viennaskater

Medalist
Ksenia didn't even look at Fedor and they didn't hold hands during the bow.

She really needs to grow up a bit. Don't like what she's done with her hair colour either, looks stupid.

Glad to see K/S get it, although I was surprised at her childish reaction to his mistake, after all the years they've been together. Honestly!

Alba

Record Breaker
That´s why I think they should be able to comfort each other afterwards and not be stone cold, yeah maybe they do it afterwards but I still don´t like the attitude.

I was heartbroken for them and yet I couldn't stop laughing. Don't make a tragedy, or read that much into it just because she is pissed off right now. Many people react that way, and doesn't last for long. I am like that myself and I perfectly understand, but that's just me maybe.

Eevun

Final Flight
I guess the "funeral" choir matches S/K's feeling right now :biggrin: (sorry, bad joke, couldn't help myself)

kinoriH

Final Flight
She reminds me of Maria Mukhortova when she wasn´t pleased with her and Trankov´s skating.

Ksenia might be a little diva, but she's definitely not Mukhortova... :unsure:
they're both passionate about what what they do and each of them takes failure in a different way. It's a different dynamic than V/T for example.
They'll get over it. :)

Alba

Record Breaker
It is disrespectful for the audience who were trying hard to cheer for them loud at the end and encourage them while she was starring at him, clearly blaming him and refusing to hold hands when they took their bow. I rest my case.

Oh right. Now is disrespectful for the audience and here I am thinking that you are so pissed with her because she wasn't passing a tissue to Fedor. :sarcasm:

Lota

Record Breaker
I was heartbroken for them and yet I couldn't stop laughing. Don't make a tragedy, or read that much into it just because she is pissed off right now. Many people react that way, and doesn't last for long. I am like that myself and I perfectly understand, but that's just me maybe.

No, I am like that too :laugh: That's why I also said that I totally understand how she feels, it'll pass soon. As hard as she is on him, she's also hard on herself. She's just pissed at everything right now. This is a partnership, there are both good and bad times, and this is their bad (though I wouldn't call silver all that bad, they're probably sick of it already XD )

Last edited:

kinoriH

Final Flight
She really needs to grow up a bit. Don't like what she's done with her hair colour either, looks stupid.

Glad to see K/S get it, although I was surprised at her childish reaction to his mistake, after all the years they've been together. Honestly!

they're 22 and 24 , give them a break! just because they won Silver in the Olympics doesn't mean all of the awards will be served for them.. they're angry at themselves and it's OK.

LOL
I think Ksenia and Trankov share the "if only looks could kill" thing. I love diva Ksenia.. she rocks! :)

Florencito

Medalist
Woah, all my faves won the gold medals! Don't think it has ever happened before!
I want a champions pic :love:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I predict we'll be seeing a lot of Ksenia in the "figure skating gifs" thread. :slink:

I don't judge her though...not everyone can control their emotions all of the time. I feel terrible for them but of course, thrilled for Yuko & Sasha.