Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 67 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

andromache

Record Breaker
I love this fairy tale scenario :laugh:. Who is her brother the King in this bit of fiction? Does she have an actual brother? Because in my head I was just pretending it was Plushenko!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm really not sure. But I fully support anything that will keep discussion (and post count) growing in this topic! :agree:

You see, this is where we differ. I don't like the post count in threads getting too big, because it makes it harder when you come back wanting to find something specific.

That's why for a long time I didn't even bother going into the Fan Fest forum, because (apart from Liza) the threads for the skaters I would be interested in were getting out of control.

Also, to me, it is silly when the same topic is being discussed in a dedicated thread and a Fan Fest thread at the same time. For example, when somebody started a dedicated thread about Liza's 3A video in The Edge, I suggested to the Mods that the 4 or 5 pages about it in this thread could be moved to the dedicated thread, so that the whole discussion was in the same place. But, alas, it wasn't.

I love this fairy tale scenario :laugh:. Who is her brother the King in this bit of fiction? Does she have an actual brother? Because in my head I was just pretending it was Plushenko!

Nope, she doesn't have a brother, older or otherwise (she does have a younger sister, though). So, that part of the story did feel a bit weird to me when I read it.

But, I do like your idea of Plushenko taking on the role of an "older brother" style figure. And, let's face it, he IS the undisputed King! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Plushenko, of course, is always the King.

One day, they hope they will find the Lost Prince, and he will return and take the throne after his brother as he was meant to. :cry:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
That's why for a long time I didn't even bother going into the Fan Fest forum, because (apart from Liza) the threads for the skaters I would be interested in were getting out of control.

I think that's the beauty of the Fan Fest area... people can go nuts about their favorite skaters and share their bonding of mutual interests! :party2: Although I understand where you are coming from... sometimes I wish these fan threads had a bit more substance to them, but I am not complaining. :)

Also, to me, it is silly when the same topic is being discussed in a dedicated thread and a Fan Fest thread at the same time. For example, when somebody started a dedicated thread about Liza's 3A video in The Edge, I suggested to the Mods that the 4 or 5 pages about it in this thread could be moved to the dedicated thread, so that the whole discussion was in the same place. But, alas, it wasn't.

This is a point I actually agree on. It does seem redundant to create a brand new topic on Liza's 3A when it's being discussed elsewhere. Actually, I'm not even sure why all these "3A" and "quad" threads deserve their own topics in The Edge, other than to post a video of the jump, then sit back and watch as the thread veers completely off-topic. I suppose the idea may be to open up the discussion to a wider audience?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
You see, this is where we differ. I don't like the post count in threads getting too big, because it makes it harder when you come back wanting to find something specific.

I have to admit I gave up on the Yuzuru thread awhile ago. I still like him, but I just couldn't keep up...particularly since I have the attention span of a gnat. :laugh:

I admit I'm a little lost with the fairy tale storyline, but that's ok. We've veered into fan-fiction on the Plushy thread before (and I certainly contributed to that)...I think it's just a bit of fun in between competitions, and it's not like there are pages & pages of the stuff. I'd rather see fan threads being kept active and not dying, no matter how silly they might get. ;) Personally, I much prefer the fan fest area to the general forum, where many people seem to delight in negativity and bashing any skater who is less than perfect in their eyes.

As for the thread about her 3A - I think it's fine to have one in The Edge, since not everyone is enough of a fan to come read about it here. But that's at least the second or third thread on the same topic in the past month or two...not sure how many are really necessary. :scratch:

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
There's definitely a difference between discussing a topic - such as Liza's 3A - on the Edge versus the fan fest thread. And while we discuss and criticise on the fan fest thread as well - it is done out of love for the skater. Not everyone reads the fan fest threads though - I for one certainly don't read all fan fest threads, only a very few - so it's no suprise if that same tning is then later discussed on the Edge - obviously it is very natural for fans to first get wind of any piece of news pertaining to their favourite skater.

Anyway (shrug), I don't see this as a particular problem.

astronaut

Rinkside
I'm looking for the link to the 3 axel video. I'll find it.................lol.............
I've lately been dropping in over here at Golden Skate because it is more wide open than the official ISU Forum. That's not meant to take anything away from the Mighty ISU Board. Some very knowledable(ms?) fans over there.

This doesn't feel like a post-Olympics figure skating season as regards the ISU Ladies. Fans who only watch once every 4 years just don't know what they are missing. Tuktamysheva and Radionova are the main event, with loads of very talented ladies right behind them. I don't see the usual post Olympics drop off in competitive edge...............not at all.

Looking forward to little and big Worlds. Now I will continue my search for that Liza 3 axel vid.

found it!http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k5OxFfsbg8

Mike

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Lisa is to compete at Open Competition for Prizes of St Petersburg's Federation of Figure Skating taking place on 3 -6 March in St Petersburg, Russia:

http://fsnews.ru/index-m-single-id-2497.html

Also on the list: Kavaguti/Smirnov, Bazarova/Deputat

I guess this is the competition Mishin was talking about when he said Lisa will try 3A one more time before the Worlds
thanks for the info
I'll try to take a day off at work so who knows I may possibly make it & see Liza & Yuko/Sasha:love:

this thread & its posters are beautiful :cheer:
keep it up!

*back to lurking*

LRK

Record Breaker
thanks for the info
I'll try to take a day off at work so who knows I may possibly make it & see Liza & Yuko/Sasha:love:

keep it up!

*back to lurking*

Welcome! And if you do go - have fun; and come back and de-lurk again and tell us your impressions! :)

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
thanks for the info

keep it up!

*back to lurking*

Are you Sharapova? I am just kidding. Welcome to this board!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Are you Sharapova?
shhhhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone!:slink:;)

really thx for the welcomes:thumbsup: (btw from the looks of it this forum is friendlier than the other one)))

srsly I have never been at any FS comp so I even dont know if I should buy flowers or something:) especially considering its such a local event (though there may be more ppl (than at earlier ladies event I saw on youtube vids) because of the big names involved

Last edited: