Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 69 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Franklin99

Medalist
I meant, is it actually allowed for Liza to do 3A, 3Lz, 3T+3T? Is there any restriction on the number of triples she can do?

YES she can do 4 triples in her SP if the 3A is one of them. The rules were changed after 2010 Worlds. As long as a skater includes an axel jump, be it 1A, 2A, or 3A, it counts. Before then, a female skater like Mao jumping a 3A still had to include a 2A in her SP program.

P.s. I know my explanation is all wonky, can someone with a better knowledge of the rules give a better explanation regarding the 3A rule change.

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
YES she can do 4 triples in her SP if the 3A is one of them. The rules were changed after 2010 Worlds. As long as a skater includes an axel jump, be it 1A, 2A, or 3A, it counts. Before then, a female skater like Mao jumping a 3A still had to include a 2A in her SP program.

P.s. I know my explanation is all wonky, can someone with a better knowledge of the rules give a better explanation regarding the 3A rule change.

The reason why Mao had to do 3A-2T in the short was that the required jump was 2A, not more or less revolutions. She couldn't repeat 3A as a solo jump, so she had to do it in combination.

However, after 2010, the rules changed. The required jump in the short is either triple or double Axel. Therefore, Mao could do only the 3A and didn't have to include 2A then.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Woah, came back to see that Liza finally nailed that 3A in competition! :cheer: ...Does this mean that Liza has now become the seventh woman in history to perform the triple axel in competition? I know it's just a domestic comp, but Kimmie Meissner is credited for completing a triple axel at Nationals (and on the men's side, Plushenko is documented as completing a 4S at a Russian Cup event).

I spent too much of the last few days praying she would nail the triple axel. Forgot to pray for the other jumps. :laugh: I'm not worried though. During B competitions like Warsaw or Nice, Liza would double a few jumps, yet she didn't make that mistake at GPF and Europeans. Also, she only did Level 3 spins, which tells me she isn't going all guns blazing here. (I am bizarrely happy to see Level 4 on the combination spin though--that was the one that cost her a little at Europeans. I guess she knows how to time the new layout now).

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
*chuckles* Oh Liza, Professor, what canny strategists you are. Add the 3A, send everyone into a panic because of 2Lz, which looked very deliberate, and 3T-2T which also looked purposeful...

That's what I've been saying all along. She could fall 5 times and still win this event easily. Clearly, there's another motivation at work here.

iskate

On the Ice
Have never been a fan of Liza's skating style or programs, and absolutely cannot stand Bolero...

But OMG THAT TRIPLE AXEL! I will watch that SP over and over again just to marvel at the perfection of her jumps. Gorgeous! :jaw:

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
with 3A, 3T-3T, 3LZ she's totally capable of WR but she will need a little more push in PCS (which will go up anyway if she can land all those jumps all cleanly) haha

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
with 3A, 3T-3T, 3LZ she's totally capable of WR but she will need a little more push in PCS (which will go up anyway if she can land all those jumps all cleanly) haha
I don't expect it to be this season. Maybe the next one (when they give her better choreography).

LRK

Record Breaker
I too now think that the doubles were deliberate - probably the plan was to concentrate on nailing the 3A. And now she's got that under her belt, having done it in competition, that will aid her in her confidence going into Worlds'. It all looks so... easy; it certainly doesn't look like nerves got the better of her, and thus the mistakes.

LRK

Record Breaker
Lisa is saying here that she was so stunned at how well she did 3A that she kinda lost control of everything else:

http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1027722356.html

I'll post full translation of this and another interview a bit later (deadline at work)

Looking forward to that - thanks in advance.:)

Well, there goes the "deliberate doubles" theory - but ne'er mind; next time she won't be that suprised at her doing the 3A well. :)

Tutto

Record Breaker
I've found the article which was a source for the ones I'd mentioned before so I translated this one instead and posted same in a 3A thread in the Edge as well ( hope no objections):

http://tass.ru/sport/1811197

Lisa admitted that perfect execution of the most difficult jump in ladies figure skating has given her extra confidence in preparation for the World Championship. As she’d announced earlier, she is planning to include this element in Shanghai.

Her coach, Aleksei Mishin, who is at the moment in Tallinn, Estonia at the Junior Worlds, commented: ‘Lisa landed 3A for the first time in competition, she attempted it before at Open Bavaria but it was not ideal. This time everything came together.'

Lisa said: ‘I was very nervous as it is still an absolutely new element for me. But it went so well I hadn’t expected it myself. In fact I was so stunned that I even couldn't complete the rest of not so difficult elements well. Okay I just have to be more focused next time. There will be no more competitions before the Worlds. I am glad that I've used this opportunity to skate in public, now I’ll concentrate on polishing my programs for the Worlds’

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
I've found the article which was a source for the ones I'd mentioned before so I translated this one instead and posted same in a 3A thread in the Edge as well ( hope no objections):

http://tass.ru/sport/1811197

Lisa admitted that perfect execution of the most difficult jump in ladies figure skating has given her extra confidence in preparation for the World Championship. As she’d announced earlier, she is planning to include this element in Shanghai.

Her coach, Aleksei Mishin, who is at the moment in Tallinn, Estonia at the Junior Worlds, commented: ‘Lisa landed 3A for the first time in competition, she attempted it before at Open Bavaria but it was not ideal. This time everything came together.'

Lisa said: ‘I was very nervous as it is still an absolutely new element for me. But it went so well I hadn’t expected it myself. In fact I was so stunned that I even couldn't complete the rest of not so difficult elements well. Okay I just have to be more focused next time. There will be no more competitions before the Worlds. I am glad that I've used this opportunity to skate in public, now I’ll concentrate on polishing my programs for the Worlds’

Melissa, thank you for your great work! :thumbsup: