2015 Worlds Men Free Skate March 28 | Page 84 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Men Free Skate March 28

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Even with Patrick returning, I think it'll be very hard to best him next season. It was probably good that Javi won here because baring disasters from Patrick and Yuzu, he's back down to #3 or 4...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Fine if you think that, but is something like that written in the rules?

I wouldn't give 10 to Jason anyway, but I still don't have a major problem with it.

It's a bit of an issue... to me, TR scores are reflective of the difficulty that you do because it's obviously harder to do transitions into harder elements.

It's like giving 6.0 artistry for the top artistic skater - who skates a clean program - but with no 3A/quad.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Haha. Apparently Kovtun got a 4.50 in transitions from Judge in the fourth row. :laugh2:
It's thrown out though.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I cringe whenever Cinquanta talks to a skater on the podium: they always look so awkward and embarrassed, I wonder what tactless things he might have told them.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Even with Patrick returning, I think it'll be very hard to best him next season. It was probably good that Javi won here because baring disasters from Patrick and Yuzu, he's back down to #3 or 4...

Patrick would have still had to work to beat that FS of Javi's... it wouldn't have been a cakewalk. Any score above 270 isn't a cakewalk (even if Patrick can skate lights out and pull 290+).

enlight78

Medalist
I'm sorry, but a 10.00 in TR should go to a skater who does a quad, incorporating TR going into it. Even if the rest of the program is full of transitions, that (in my books) is a requirement for a PERFECT transitions score.
The key reason Program components are a separate from the technical score because they are judge separately from what the skate did technically, as skater should be able to do doubles all day and still get a 10 in any PC or it is no longer a fair judgement of the skaters individual attributes.

Last edited:

carriecmu0503

On the Ice

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I forgot to clarify that it'll be hard to best Yuzu next season. *smacks head*

Ice is slippery and if this season tells us anything its that anything can happen. ...

and let's not jinx him. ...

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
It's a bit of an issue... to me, TR scores are reflective of the difficulty that you do because it's obviously harder to do transitions into harder elements.

It's like giving 6.0 artistry for the top artistic skater - who skates a clean program - but with no 3A/quad.

I agree. It's like in gymnastics with the old system when they used to cap your score if you didn't have a difficult elements.

You could land a perfect vault, but if the difficulty wasn't there the max you could get was like 9.6, 9.7, etc. and not that "perfect 10".

BlackPack

Medalist
I think the Men's and Ladies' events were well-judged overall. Ice dance, not so much but still somewhat justifiable. The wuzrobbed factor is much lower at this Worlds than others, and that is an improvement.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I agree. It's like in gymnastics with the old system when they used to cap your score if you didn't have a difficult elements.

You could land a perfect vault, but if the difficulty wasn't there the max you could get was like 9.6, 9.7, etc. and not that "perfect 10".

Maybe you two should lobby that to actual decision makers instead to us forum folks who don't have any influence in all this. :laugh:

In the end Jason's PCS was in the 8s.....it was no where close to perfect, so I'm not sure why there's a need to make so much fuss over it. It was one 10 that was thrown out (along with the rest of that judges scores) anyway. It's worth noting that one judge went the other way and gave him 7s.

Last edited:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
I got a shot of adrenaline when I checked the placements:eek:. I am beyond overjoyed by this result. The judges got the placements right though personally I would have had Ten for silver.
[