2015 Worlds Men Free Skate March 28 | Page 85 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Men Free Skate March 28

Ryusa5

Rinkside
I think D10 deserved silver, but as far as the errors he made, he wasn't going to get it.
Aren't you contradicting yourself?!
If he did the errors he did how did he deserved silver over Hanyu(who should have been probably less than a point ahead of Javi in the short so no he wasn't that 'overmarked' compared to Ten)
Where would he had gotten more points from since his scores were already pretty generous to begin with?

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Maybe you two should lobby that to actual decision makers instead to us forum folks who don't have whatever influence in all this. :laugh:

In the end Jason's PCS was in the 8s.....it was no where close to perfect, so I'm not sure why there's a need to make so much fuss over it. It was one 10 that was thrown out (along with the rest of that judges scores) anyway. It's worth noting that one judge went the other way and gave him 7s.

Ehhhh. I surely won't be losing sleep over this matter. I was just pointing something out that might be a good idea in the future. It's what this forum is for right? To just discuss skating. :)

chairmanmao

Final Flight
isn't it kind of sad that if Yuzu went for the 4S and fell he would have likely won.

That would be scandalous. That would mean he would have fallen in every quad attemp SP and FS combine. Javi meanwhile landed a great 4T and 2 of the best 4S I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
JAVI!!!! :cheer:
So glad he pulled it together and won, very deserved and it was a fine performance (even if the program sucks). His reaction in the KnC... soooooo cute!! How could anyone not like this guy?
So proud of Yuzu for coming back after a bad start in the LP. That's why he's a champion and you should never count him out. I also think it's good for him in the long run he didn't win here - he'll be all fired up next season, and that's how I love him the most. Also, he looked so genuinely happy for Javi, his 'skating husband' :biggrin:

And Jason! Way to shut the haters up, being 4th in his first worlds is huge. I love it when he skates last, because you just know he'll finish the competition with a beautiful performance. And I still approve of the new pants :biggrin:

Hopefully Han and Josh won't be too harsh on themselves - and that they didn't hurt themselves. Joshs fall looked really nasty... don't be down boys, you have so much potential and so many years left to live up to it!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ehhhh. I surely won't be losing sleep over this matter. I was just pointing something out that might be a good idea in the future. It's what this forum is for right? To just discuss skating. :)

I'm not either. :) But seriously though...if there's a valid case for it, people should suggest those type of things to folks.

begin

Medalist
So late, but I'm thrilled for Javi!! And glad he won with at least one clean program!

We still have WTT left so I'm hoping to see redeeming performances there. This competition really was the finale of this post-olympic, new-quad mess of a season :/

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
haha maybe a stupid Q but why all the Poohs for Yuzu?:biggrin:
Is it his fav cartoon/book or something????
or its just random?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Team USA quotes:

Men’s free skate

Jason Brown (4th place, SB 84.32 + 163.97 = SB 248.29)

(on free skate) I feel great. I wish that second Axel could have been a little better. I’m so proud that the U.S. men have three spots going into worlds next year in Boston.

(on finishing fourth) It’s crazy to be fourth in the world. I couldn’t ask for anything more right now. I skated the best that I could in those moments and it’s nice to walk away as fourth in the world.​

Joshua Farris (11th place, 73.52 + 149.52 = 223.04)

(on his mentality today) I have had a lot of good skates and a lot of bad skates so after I skated my short program I talked to my coaches Christy (Krall) and Damon (Allen) on the bus. Christy sat next to me and I starting crying a little bit. She shared some incredible words of wisdom and really helped me prepare for today. I didn’t want to replicate what I’ve done in past competitions after a bad short program. It was far from perfect but it was a step.

(on next goal) The number one thing I need to work on is my mental strength.​

Adam Rippon (8th place, 75.14 points + SB 154.57 = 229.71)

(on free skate) It definitely wasn’t my best today. I had a few troubles with the jumps but after my short program, I wanted to perform and give a nice long program performance. I felt free out there. Maybe a little bit too free, making that mistake on the quad. I never gave up throughout the program. Coming away, I’m happy to be in the top 10.

In the near future, I will go home and see if I’m selected for World Team Trophy and prepare for that if so. I also want to get a quick start on next season. I started my year poorly with the grand prix but then I really turned it around and so I want to continue that trend.

(on audience reaction) That means everything to me. I’m so excited that everyone received my programs so well here.​

http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.com/uncategorized/2015-world-championships-wcshanghai/

adelia

Record Breaker
Also, not to fling mud, but the Kovtun haters got a baaaad taste of karma with Voronov bombing.

7th is actually pretty good for Kovtun considering his awful SP and his FS errors (still attempted 3 quads, and nailed 2 of them... and the only man to do both a clean quad and a clean quad-triple).

Should have been 10th though, given his PCS inflation in the SP. :rolleye:
Silly comment. I hope you realize that most Kovtun haters aren't exactly fans of Voronov either.

enlight78

Medalist
It's a bit of an issue... to me, TR scores are reflective of the difficulty that you do because it's obviously harder to do transitions into harder elements.

It's like giving 6.0 artistry for the top artistic skater - who skates a clean program - but with no 3A/quad.

Elements do not make transitions harder, transitions make elements harder, that is why elements shouldn't effect your transitions score, but if you do transitions into elements you get rewarded with higher GOE and that is seen in the technical score, stamina is what make transitions hard

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I think it's because his trademark is the pooh tissue cover that he carried everywhere :p
ah thanks a lot! I knew there should be some meaning behind that:biggrin:

aw Petr Gumennik talk!:dance:
this boy will shine Im sure of it! Seeing him live was a joy!:love:

alia jackson

Record Breaker
So proud of Yuzu for coming back after a bad start in the LP. That's why he's a champion and you should never count him out. I also think it's good for him in the long run he didn't win here - he'll be all fired up next season, and that's how I love him the most.
:clap:

After the injuries and health issue this season, he did the best he can with limited training. Hope JFS spare him from WTT and summer ice shows, so that he can rest and recover fully. Gambatte Yuzu :cheer:

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Team USA quotes:

(on his mentality today) I have had a lot of good skates and a lot of bad skates so after I skated my short program I talked to my coaches Christy (Krall) and Damon (Allen) on the bus. Christy sat next to me and I starting crying a little bit. She shared some incredible words of wisdom and really helped me prepare for today. I didn’t want to replicate what I’ve done in past competitions after a bad short program. It was far from perfect but it was a step.

No god darn it you are so sensitive I want to snuggle you stop appealing to my softer side :mad:

begin

Medalist
Team USA quotes:

Men’s free skate

Jason Brown (4th place, SB 84.32 + 163.97 = SB 248.29)

(on free skate) I feel great. I wish that second Axel could have been a little better. I’m so proud that the U.S. men have three spots going into worlds next year in Boston.

(on finishing fourth) It’s crazy to be fourth in the world. I couldn’t ask for anything more right now. I skated the best that I could in those moments and it’s nice to walk away as fourth in the world.​

Adam Rippon (8th place, 75.14 points + SB 154.57 = 229.71)

(on free skate) It definitely wasn’t my best today. I had a few troubles with the jumps but after my short program, I wanted to perform and give a nice long program performance. I felt free out there. Maybe a little bit too free, making that mistake on the quad. I never gave up throughout the program. Coming away, I’m happy to be in the top 10.

In the near future, I will go home and see if I’m selected for World Team Trophy and prepare for that if so. I also want to get a quick start on next season. I started my year poorly with the grand prix but then I really turned it around and so I want to continue that trend.

(on audience reaction) That means everything to me. I’m so excited that everyone received my programs so well here.​

http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.com/uncategorized/2015-world-championships-wcshanghai/

Oh Josh :( Well, I hope he brushes himself off and keeps moving forward.

Happy for our US men in general, for keeping three spots and all.

Alba

Record Breaker
The key reason Program components are a separate from the technical score because they are judge separately from what the skate did technically, as skater should be able to do doubles all day and still get a 10 in any PC or it is no longer a fair judgement of the skaters individual attributes.

That's in theory. In reality they are not judged as they should be, unfortunately. I think we all know that by now.
There are very few cases where judges do that and it's when they want to help certain skaters. PCS are the easiest to use for "reputation" scoring.