2015 Worlds Men Free Skate March 28 | Page 87 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Men Free Skate March 28

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Aren't you contradicting yourself?!
If he did the errors he did how did he deserved silver over Hanyu(who should have been probably less than a point ahead of Javi in the short so no he wasn't that 'overmarked' compared to Ten)
Where would he had gotten more points from since his scores were already pretty generous to begin with?

I'm saying that in my opinion, D10 deserved silver, however given how the system works, it's understandable that he got bronze. Plenty of times people have felt that a skater deserved a placement or score based on their overall performance, but once they look at the protocols it makes sense their score/placement. D10 still went for two quads (including quad-triple) and two axels - landing one of each quad/3A and a minor error on the other - and a fantastic series and his performance and skating quality (IMO) was better than Hanyu/Fernandez.

Same with Hongo .... IMO, she DESERVED 4th, but it makes sense that she didn't get 4th once you look at the protocols and see her deductions. She still had the best performance of the night, in my opinion (and in the opinion of others).

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
All that shade thrown at Jason in the media and it was him that kept 3 spots for USA. Haters to the <
Wonderful skate by Jason and as base as this sounds yes the new pants helped the overall look of the program. Judges love him watch out world when he gets the quad. Sad to see the Russian men do so poorly as well as the Japanese men struggle. While I give Hanyu crdit for trying I am a little hesitant ie. him an Anna skating if they are not well or injured. Not sure that is the "best" example for others - sacrifice the body lol. but this isn't about setting examples it is a sport, it is about self and whatever other things come into play. I actually liked the charm of Voronov but too bad all th ose tes problems. Really happy for Javi but no I do not think his skating or programs are the level ofLambiel, Buttle, Chan or Takahashi. I think Rippon showed some very positive signs. I think his style is even better than Jason's but the world is in love with Brown. And yeah for Misha Ge - just a wonderful skater ditto for Dennis Ten who somehow always shows up at world's to get on the podium yet somehow always gets forgotten or overshadowed by some other skater. Something about him - he sort of gets lossed in the shuffle The other real story in men's skating was Nguyen. Wow he really pulled out all the stops. I agree he skates a bit juniorish although he worked it. I do think his pcs could have been higher on the performance and well in general in pcs but it would not change the results. still there are so many falls and one wonders the push for tes is that the challenge? (and goes). I also wonder if Voronov will retire now after that melt down?

whatif

Medalist
D10 has the worst luck. Robbed of Gold by Chan, now robbed for silver by Hanyu. But he needs to start delivering in both segments and maybe one day. Judges seem to really want to give it to him now. Hopefully it happens in Korea in 2018.

So Russia has 1 spot next year?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
D10 has the worst luck. Robbed of Gold by Chan, now robbed for silver by Hanyu. But he needs to start delivering in both segments and maybe one day. Judges seem to really want to give it to him now. Hopefully it happens in Korea in 2018.

Russia has 2 spots.

I don't think he was robbed of silver. His SP was a mess, and he was lucky to get 85 points (similar to Hanyu getting gifted with a 95). Two errors in each program for bronze. That makes sense. You're right that judges want to give him the win, but he also needs to deliver.

I don't know why he has that different trajectory going into his second 3A... it caused the same error as 4CC of him going outside of his circle and having to turnout.

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker

How was Denis robbed of silver? :confused:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hasn't been mentioned much, but I'm so happy for Misha Ge too! 6th after previous placements of 30th, 19th, 16th, 27th... :clap:

He has been mentioned several times when he was sitting in fifth. He is a wonderful skater with all around abilities other than he needs the quad. But really he was overshadowed by Jason without a quad as well and I am surprised there isn't more talk about brian orser's littleprotege in Nguyen. Brian has gold, silver and fifth place - not bad.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Other than Hanyu and Shoma, none of the other japanese skaters has the total package + the killer blood thrist needed to challange for podium. =(
Kazuko has been going downhill since 2011 world. Oda and Michida has retired and other are meh ....

Agreed. With Machida out, it makes sense that Hanyu and Shoma go next year. But Murakami will be gunning for them -- it's rather unfortunate that he didn't get to go to Worlds, but he bombed at Nationals.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
He has been mentioned several times when he was sitting in fifth. He is a wonderful skater with all around abilities other than he needs the quad. But really he was overshadowed by Jason without a quad as well and I am surprised there isn't more talk about brian orser's littleprotege in Nguyen. Brian has gold, silver and fifth place - not bad.

HAHA there's an understatement. Even all 3 skaters easily add up to less than 13. He must be a proud papa. :clap: I don't know if any other coach (other than Zoueva/Shpliband) have had that success at a WC .. certainly not in singles.

slider11

Medalist
Yes! I hope the US federation is mindful of this when they make assignments next year. I think Adam still has gas in the tank. I thought he was a little understated in his LP performance at Worlds compared to Nationals. He has such potential to get high PCSs. A solid 4Lutz and a good vehicle for SP and LP would really make him dangerous. I hope he gets 2 GP assignments next year. We know Jason will and deservedly so. No quad yet but working on it and meanwhile showing tremendous skating. I love Kori Ade's coaching strategy!

slider11

Medalist
Want to give Misha Ge props for a great skate AND for holding his pose at the end for less than a milli-second! It really provides a nice closure to the performance. I hate the immediate celebration, fist pumping when the music/performance has barely finished. Of course, it's easier to do that, I guess, if you've skated well. But it has a positive effect overall.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Nguyen was the only skater with a quad who skated a clean competition. :clap:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
How was Denis robbed of silver? :confused:

Well I am not sure it is luck both Chan and Hanyu had their leads and rightfully so. Besides one way is to look at how unluky he didn't get a hig her medal on the other side he is really lucky considering his spotty and inconsistent performances early on = he always seems to medal at the big major events - worlds's, olympics and gpf this year so that is kind of lucky considering what we have seen. It all depends on how youlook at it.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Well I am not sure it is luck both Chan and Hanyu had their leads and rightfully so. Besides one way is to look at how unluky he didn't get a hig her medal on the other side he is really lucky considering his spotty and inconsistent performances early on = he always seems to medal at the big major events - worlds's, olympics and gpf this year so that is kind of lucky considering what we have seen. It all depends on how youlook at it.

I wouldn't call it luck. It would be if it only happened once or twice but for the last 4 years, he's always done better/delivered when the time calls for it. He doesn't always medal but his best efforts always come out during the major events.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I cringe whenever Cinquanta talks to a skater on the podium: they always look so awkward and embarrassed, I wonder what tactless things he might have told them.

To me it seemed that Fernandez was in no way embarrassed, but they were in a very friendly way talking to each other.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
I just saw Denis' performance and wow:shocked:. Easily the best LP performance of the season. So underscored he was without a doubt over ten points over overscored Hanyu. His PCS should have been easily over 90. :drama: Aargh Why does he have to that music swap fiasco in the SP? I sincerely hope he keeps this for another season because this LP deserves a world title. I can never forgave the Canadian Federation for that blatant highway robbery of Denis' world title. Ten should have been a World Champion by now.

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes! I hope the US federation is mindful of this when they make assignments next year. I think Adam still has gas in the tank. I thought he was a little understated in his LP performance at Worlds compared to Nationals. He has such potential to get high PCSs. A solid 4Lutz and a good vehicle for SP and LP would really make him dangerous. I hope he gets 2 GP assignments next year. We know Jason will and deservedly so. No quad yet but working on it and meanwhile showing tremendous skating. I love Kori Ade's coaching strategy!

I really like Adam's LP and said so after Finlandia. Josh's artistry needs no explanation. But when the pressure is on, and it's what you bring to the ice that counts, Jason Brown is the one who brings it. He *is* the number one U.S. man for a reason; great skate Jason. :cheer: That said, I would like to see Adam get a GP spot. And Josh. And Max.

Also Misha Ge in 6th. Woot! Let's hear it for the artistes!:cheer2: