2015 Skate America in Milwaukee | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America in Milwaukee

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
heck yeah, it was my first thought :laugh2: why would you want your logo to look like a beer label? :laugh:

The logo looks really nice on a pint glass! :)

https://instagram.com/p/2oMqxpG37z/?taken-by=usfigureskating

I am tempted to buy tickets and sell them later, just so I can get the glass (or maybe Chris, you could hook a sista with one.) HAHA. I have a growing collection of pint glasses at home...cause you know I drink a lot of beer. :laugh: (I miss microbrews...)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

I am tempted to buy tickets and sell them later, just so I can get the glass (or maybe Chris, you could hook a sista with one.) HAHA. I have a growing collection of pint glasses at home...cause you know I drink a lot of beer. :laugh: (I miss microbrews...)

Oooh, this is nice! I love getting novelty pint glasses. Anyone get an email voucher yet?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just bought my tickets Section 207, row 5, seat 12 (wanted end row). The lady on the phone says the ticket will be mailed in about 2 weeks. We shall see!!!

winky97

Medalist
I bit the bullet got tickets but got cheap seats because the friends I am going with did not want splurge. So up from Chicago I will be driving.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You get through mail??? I only got will call option with ticketmaster online

I didn't order online, I ordered by phone. But you can call and ask them if they will mail to your address. Telephone number is 414-908-6092 M-F 10am-5pm Central time.

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
I didn't order online, I ordered by phone. But you can call and ask them if they will mail to your address. Telephone number is 414-908-6092 M-F 10am-5pm Central time.

I called and they said they'll be mailing all the tickets ordered online in about two weeks, so we should all be set. :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
You are welcome to my glass if the airlines don't break it! I have enough glasses to last a billion lifetimes...
Chris who has brewed over 500 gallons of beer (I gave it up cause I retired and lost all my free time....)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
My tickets arrived by mail today (even though I selected Will Call)! :yay:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Me three. Now that's the way I like to do business! No "Wait for 15 months" and December and we MIGHT send you your nats tickets.....

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Today I received the voucher for the free SA pint glass. Says to pick it up at the official merchandise booth on the concourse. I imagine they will probably be selling the pint glasses as well?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Promotional preview today (via Skate Today):

World's best figure skaters come to Milwaukee to open Grand Prix series
By Dave Begel
Published July 9, 2015 at 9:16 a.m.
http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/skatermaericamilwaukee.html

Gracie Gold is the only (2015) skater cited by name as a highlight.
No mention of reigning U.S. champs Jason, Alexa/Chris, Madi/Evan. Or of Max.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
That's odd considering Chock/Bates won silver at WORLDS.

Frustrating, but expected. Winning OGM at Sochi isn't enough to get the U.S. interested in Ice Dance, so a silver at Worlds matters even less. Almost the same for Pairs. Both of these disciplines rarely get any coverage on TV for the majority of the year.

It's a shock to see no mention of the men, even Jason. I guess everyone is still banking on that next golden girl to save the sport.