2015 Skate America in Milwaukee | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America in Milwaukee

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
SA2015 site is up now:

www.2015skateamerica.com

Doesn't contain a whole lot of information beyond what has already been posted here, aside from exact schedules (start & end times) for each event, hotels, and confirmation of VIP seating locations (seating chart).

Also for a question earlier back:

*All-event ticket packages include access to all practice sessions including access on Thursday, Oct. 22.

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Am I crazy or are these prices higher than last year's? I thought I paid $125 for what they're calling premium but perhaps I'm misremembering.

Higher than the last 2 years I went. Detroit being the cheapest. Last year they did have club seats that sold around this price. But that was for more comfortable seats and a separate food court area.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Higher than the last 2 years I went. Detroit being the cheapest. Last year they did have club seats that sold around this price. But that was for more comfortable seats and a separate food court area.

Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy! I thought the club seats last year were more or less what they are now calling VIP seats, but perhaps they're different.

Perhaps they feel they can raise prices because there will be more demand for seats with the compressed 2-day event.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
The question is how do we book at those rates? The links just bring you to the hotel sites with no special booking portal.

Maybe they will give out a promo code once you've purchased event tickets? Yeah, for that rate, I think I'll probably stay for the gala, maybe even for Thursday's practice.

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
Maybe they will give out a promo code once you've purchased event tickets? Yeah, for that rate, I think I'll probably stay for the gala, maybe even for Thursday's practice.

I purchased tickets and didn't receive anything. Usually they have a link to a special site for each hotel where the event rate is set up. I tweeted USFSA about it, but they're not always the best at responding to questions.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Probably wouldn't hurt to simply call the hotel and ask about it -- I'm sure they've been alerted---

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy! I thought the club seats last year were more or less what they are now calling VIP seats, but perhaps they're different.

Perhaps they feel they can raise prices because there will be more demand for seats with the compressed 2-day event.

No, the VIP were the 1st few rows near ice level and was $400+ last year too. I think in Detroit it was not nearly as much.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I purchased tickets and didn't receive anything. Usually they have a link to a special site for each hotel where the event rate is set up. I tweeted USFSA about it, but they're not always the best at responding to questions.

I didn't get anything either (as far as hotel info), by email or confirmation page after buying tickets.

Which, btw, you can buy tickets right now -- despite all the info saying "All-event ticket packages go on sale May 13th, 10am EST." :shrug:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Which, btw, you can buy tickets right now -- despite all the info saying "All-event ticket packages go on sale May 13th, 10am EST." :shrug:

I've noticed. Lol, but I'm not getting the section I want. :laugh: I don't want to sit directly behind the camera or across from the judges. :scowl:

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
I've noticed. Lol, but I'm not getting the section I want. :laugh: I don't want to sit directly behind the camera or across from the judges. :scowl:

I called the box office earlier to ask how many seats are in a row, and the lady said there will be an interactive seat map on the site in a few days where you can choose your own seats. I wouldn't hold my breath, though, with the sketchy organization of the site so far. :laugh:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I called the box office earlier to ask how many seats are in a row, and the lady said there will be an interactive seat map on the site in a few days where you can choose your own seats. I wouldn't hold my breath, though, with the sketchy organization of the site so far. :laugh:

I called the box office and they had no clue about the special hotel rates, and said "they had nothing to do with that".

Tried calling the Hilton, and the person I spoke to only seemed aware of this because they had just spoken to another caller about the same thing -- but evidently, the contract has not been finalized for the hotel deals so doesn't appear reservations can be made at the special discounted rate until some time in the future.

Celine

On the Ice
Glad they've consolidated the schedule into 2 days. Short program Day Friday. Free programs Saturday. Efficient, logical, less exhausting for everyone concerned probably.

w4300

Rinkside
I didn't get anything either (as far as hotel info), by email or confirmation page after buying tickets.

How? I don't seem to get an option to purchase and when I call the phone number listed they say it is for group sales :drama:

ozmodiar

On the Ice
Am I crazy or are these prices higher than last year's? I thought I paid $125 for what they're calling premium but perhaps I'm misremembering.

You're right, I paid the same last year. $180 is a pretty steep jump.

I just bought my tix under the wire. I put some in my cart and tried to go back to look at what else i could pull in other sections and the page was gone!