2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance SD | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance SD

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
No bias at all there :eyeroll:. Honestly the Shibs could fall and everyone else could be on point, and some of their fans would still be complaining about how robbed they were. Takes a ton of enjoyment out of the reading the threads, and fair or not it affects my enjoyment of the Shibs.

Well take solace in the fact that C/B will beat the Shibs despite everything. :p Honestly though, it was a lot worse after 2015 Worlds when C/B beat Weaver/Poje.

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
They should have made it a FD and I would have applauded enthusiastically. But it's not a true waltz.

Agreed. I love this program, but like many other Ravensburger patterns set to 6/8 music... it just irks me a little. :biggrin:

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
No bias at all there :eyeroll:. Honestly the Shibs could fall and everyone else could be on point, and some of their fans would still be complaining about how robbed they were. Takes a ton of enjoyment out of the reading the threads, and fair or not it affects my enjoyment of the Shibs.

How you feel that some people feel about the Shibs is how the judges feel about C&B...

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
Ponomaryova/Altukhov~ She is stunning in purple lace. He is in gray, not sure why. Smooth and pleasant, though some of the turns look at little sticky like they're not quite pushing at the exact same time. Speed is middle of the field. They made it through cleanly.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm actually a Hawayek and Baker, and Hubbell and Donohue fan (and Capellinni and Lanotte and Bobrova and Soloviev) but whatever...

Though I will admit I do slightly prefer Chock and Bates, as I find them more enjoyable to watch.

Point is, there are plenty of fans of all teams that keep it fun and civil, so just focus on those conversations!

Ekm

On the Ice
Well take solace in the fact that C/B will beat the Shibs despite everything. :p

I'm actually a Hawayek and Baker, and Hubbell and Donohue fan (and Capellinni and Lanotte and Bobrova and Soloviev) but whatever...

Though I will admit I do slightly prefer Chock and Bates, as I find them more enjoyable to watch.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist

That's fair. That's happened to me with other skaters. Also fair, I think, is that judges holding up Chock/Bates even when they have mistakes sometimes affects my enjoyment of them. :confused2:

They were great today, though. Chock/Bates and the Shibs deserve to be neck and neck and you could make an argument for either to be in the lead right now, IMO.

BTW, didn't mean to pile on you, because I know other posters have already replied to you. I started writing this before those other posts went up.

Last edited:

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
Maxwell/Devereaux~ Adams family theme, and they look the part in black and gray. She is super elegant in her dress and movement. Nice, smooth, very competent. They might be ready to take a step into a higher echelon next year.

Ekm

On the Ice
Point is, there are plenty of fans of all teams that keep it fun and civil, so just focus on those conversations!

That's a great way to look at it, but I find it difficult when threads get derailed by complaining (by anyone's fans). This happens a lot in the ladies threads too, as I commented there it would be nice if you could filter things out by keyword to easily avoid that stuff! (Though I'm sure that's an unrealistically large undertaking). I find the jrs competition threads all together more positive, and thereby more enjoyable.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Maxwell/Devereaux~ Adams family theme, and they look the part in black and gray. She is super elegant in her dress and movement. Nice, smooth, very competent. They might be ready to take a step into a higher echelon next year.

I thought Charlotte especially had a great presence on the ice- she was really channeling that Morticia Adams confidence

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Really enjoyed Charlie, he is so positive after each skate. Not as technical as Tanith but he is better than last year. I hope Meryl was as good on the b stream

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to all the skaters! Very enjoyable competition (although I'm bummed I missed C/B and H/D). A special congrats to Dan/Dan (great name), Karina and Joseph, and Charlotte and Ryan. Hopefully they can all get some more international assignments next year.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
That's a great way to look at it, but I find it difficult when threads get derailed by complaining (by anyone's fans). This happens a lot in the ladies threads too, as I commented there it would be nice if you could filter things out by keyword to easily avoid that stuff! (Though I'm sure that's an unrealistically large undertaking). I find the jrs competition threads all together more positive, and thereby more enjoyable.

That's why I usually peace out of these threads after the skating is done. Speaking of which

:peace: Adios!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Really enjoyed Charlie, he is so positive after each skate. Not as technical as Tanith but he is better than last year. I hope Meryl was as good on the b stream

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'd love for Charlie and Tanith to do commentary together sometime. They're both very positive and very fair (and maybe a bit too verbose, but I'm usually interested in what they have to say).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I get what you're saying. Hey honestly such hostile conversation makes it hard on the mods.. So I agree it would nice if people kept it cool.

In any case great skates from all! We should be in for a treat Saturday! And now it's time to take my baby for a run!

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
I feel so satisfied after this short dance, so many enjoyable programs and everyone seemed in good spirits. :coffee: