2016 Team Challenge Cup - Gen Info/Pre-chat | Page 70 | Golden Skate

2016 Team Challenge Cup - Gen Info/Pre-chat

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
:rock: Are they still using that slogan? I remember my dad saying that when he arrived in Spokane from North Dakota as a little boy in 1920, they stayed in "the best hotel between Seattle and St. Paul!" :yes:

The place has been around for 100 years, but Walt Worthy, I believe, completely renovated the place to its former glory...there is even a PBS TV special about the renovation....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thx for correcting my misimpression, Chris. Glad to see the big TCC logo at center ice :cool:.

Evident also in many of the images tweeted by @goldenskate today, such as this one:

I'm guessing that Mrs. P :bow: deserves credit for @goldenskate's prolific tweeting from Spokane?

Mrs. P, you are absolutely killing it. Great reporting and great visuals. Thank you.
(If we are so lucky as to have gsk8 on site in Spokane as well, thanks to her too.)

Meanwhile, thanks to you for the KHQ vid, Chris.
Enjoyed seeing/hearing Boyang as well as Jason.

And ... I need to fall on my sword about something else.
At the time of Nippon TV's arena visit in Feb, one of the photos on social media seemed to show only a big green Team Asia bench close to ice level, whereas the orange and red benches for the other teams were higher up and further back from the ice. I see from the current video that the placement of the benches is equal for all teams. No favoritism for Team Asia.

Please dont fall on your sword...we NEED you!
(Mrs P. ROCKS!)

temadd

Final Flight
Who is this woman interviewing skaters on the red carpet on IN. She's pretty bad. Doesn't even announce the skaters names.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
It sounds like the local station khq will have live pre event coverage

IIRC, KHQ (NBC) is a sponsor, but Krem will broadcast the event being the CBS affiliate. I am recording both stations....KXLY is the ABC affiliate.
You can check all three websites for coverage.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I feel like I hear Mrs. P's voice somewhere in the background, asking questions. Could be just my imagination though... ;)

charmblade

Final Flight
I feel like I hear Mrs. P's voice somewhere in the background, asking questions. Could be just my imagination though... ;)

I was wondering if that was her too!!

Kristi also looks fantastic, and Anna and Luca were adorable. Enjoying this red carpet but i kind of wish they were asking more hard hitting questions. Come on, the worlds wants to know some juicy details, like if Nam is still with Brian and stuff like that. ;)

(I know, it's just backstage fluff stuff, but it all just seems so PC and happy smiley to me.)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I was wondering if that was her too!!

Kristi also looks fantastic, and Anna and Luca were adorable. Enjoying this red carpet but i kind of wish they were asking more hard hitting questions. Come on, the worlds wants to know some juicy details, like if Nam is still with Brian and stuff like that. ;)

(I know, it's just backstage fluff stuff, but it all just seems so PC and happy smiley to me.)

I actually felt really bad for Nam - he looks so sad.

And I heard someone say she was Mai from Goldenskate - that's Mrs P, right?!!

temadd

Final Flight
She keeps asking the same soft ball questions and not announcing the skaters names.

Agreed. Does she have any idea that people are watching and would like to hear something different? They must have picked her up off the street.

tinlizzie

Final Flight
They need a multi lingual red carpet show runner. IN missed many opportunities and have a lot of blank camera time.

winky97

Medalist
They need a multi lingual red carpet show runner. IN missed many opportunities and have a lot of blank camera time.

Seriously! They missed Medvedeva, Hongo, and Miyahara. Vonorov looked like he was happy he did not have to answer those lame questions

charmblade

Final Flight
well darn, I had to go eat dinner and when I came back they were interviewing Kolyada and now it's done. I wonder if they'll have the video available later.