2016 JGP Yokohama Mens FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Mens FS

Kuan

Final Flight
Agree but given the poverty in India these kids are privileged just like Princess if Monaco. By all means participate at other comps but it's not fair at JGP level when so many elite skaters miss out. Minimum standards should be introduced . He is a sweet boy but this is not the platform to indulge rich kids who are not up to standard

Actually they are not :( I just watched the interview with Krishna. There is no is ice rink in his home town, so most of the time he practices with rollerskates. I am ok with him competing here. He is representing his country, and if he is one of the best of his country, he hast the right to compete. Participation of countries with lower level of skating is the key to make that sport popular in that country.

Also I have to say, the japanese croud was so supportive during his skate, it almost moved me to tears. :agree:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It's really a pity that some of the GPs have such strong lineups and others don't...too many talented skaters to make the final

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm surprised more skaters don't use it. It's so...skatable?

Well, the music seems to be used more in ice dance or pairs than singles. Timothy Goebel skated to the music by the way.

Last edited:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Nam Nguyen is also skating to it this season.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
That was a good performance. Though I am thinking he's left the door cracked for Jun Hwan.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Just woke up and looked at scores. Two things:

1) 5 deductions for Emmanuel? Ouch, poor guy. And yet, still a PB by about 5 points.

2) Good for the Indian kid Krishna for getting out there. I think it's got to be rough to compete knowing your level is nowhere near any of the other competitors. Maybe they can send him and the ladies' athlete to one of those developmental seminar things.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Not a best skate, but Vincent's performance was stylish and had a lot of good qualities other than jumps. :luv17:

Rissa

Record Breaker
Well, it can't have been the Wilson choreography that bored me about Roman because Zhou also had it and was anything but boring. Great job on Vncent's part! :thumbsup:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Eh...that score seems a bit high. Hopefully they will be just as generous with Cha Jun Hwan.

lady_bee

Medalist
Well, the first half of the music is actually from a Chinese movie about Chinese martial arts. I think the costume is more like Chinese traditional costume with a phoenix theme.

I know, but it still fits to Japanese taste.
The music of Chinese movie, House of Flying Daggers, is composed by Japanese, who composed Yuzu's Seimei.