2016 JGP Ljubljana Cup Ladies FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Ljubljana Cup Ladies FS

Shayuki

Record Breaker
No their won't. We tried to make a nine triple program a few months back. Zayak rule makes it impossible.

That's true. Let's then see what would be the reasonable max points achievable...

3A+3T
3A
3Lz+3Lo
3Lz
2A+2Lo+2Lo
3F
3S

That'd still be a pretty crazy program. Base value just for these jumps would total 55. I guess there's still a while until the Ladies' Free Skate technical content is maximized.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I'm Glad that Marin is in the final. But do you really believe that TES of Zagitiva is lower than TES if Alexandra Feigin.

Marin unfortunately isn't in for sure yet. She still has a really good chance, but it will depend on other skaters.

tinnychan

On the Ice
I'm Glad that Marin is in the final. But do you really believe that TES of Zagitiva is lower than TES if Alexandra Feigin.
Marin still need to wait for other result:noshake:
If Konstantinov win in her next event, Marin will be out:(

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I hope she NEVER tones down the smile. When she looks like she is enjoying herself, I enjoy watching her. I'm lovin' Ashley and will enjoy seeing where she will go in the future.

Well, let's hope she never skates to Schindler's List. I find it cheesy...this isn't a cheerleading competition or Little Miss Sunshine pageant. But she is only 13 so I am sure she will learn there are other ways to emote.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's true. Let's then see what would be the reasonable max points achievable...

3A+3T
3A
3Lz+3Lo
3Lz
2A+2Lo+2Lo
3F
3S

That'd still be a pretty crazy program. Base value just for these jumps would total 55. I guess there's still a while until the Ladies' Free Skate technical content is maximized.

It won't be long until we start seeing quads sneak into play :think:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Konstantinova has to either win or place second with a score that's better than 187.66.

chloepoco

Medalist
With Satoko winning the US Classic a couple of weeks ago and Rika and Marin going 1-2, the coaching team of Mie Hamada and Yamato Tamura are off to a great start!

bosskil

Match Penalty
Finally judges gave PCS credit to Marin over Alina. :thumbsup:
Seriously, they are not on the same skating skills level at all. Night and day.

Congrats Marin for squeeking out silver and rooting for GPF for you baby girl! :yes2: :gclap:

ps1. Rika "Air Japan" Kihira! :shocked:
ps2. I'm not sure how will I manage to watch Dresden, because I like Stasya very very much as well. :slink:

Last edited:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Oh, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Nugumanova, Yamashita or Nitaya winning the next GP over Tsurskaya would still knock Honda out of the GPF. It's unlikely but all it takes is for Tsurskaya to have one or two mistakes(Falling either second or third).

Honda really made it difficult for herself by not winning any JGP event. She essentially is out unless both Gubanova and Tsurskaya win their respective events.

Last edited:

lady_bee

Medalist

3A+3T
3A
3Lz+3Lo
3Lz
2A+2Lo+2Lo
3F
3S

How long does it take to see another Midori? It's been 20 years past already, since her retirement:think:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
It won't be long until we start seeing quads sneak into play :think:

Sooner or later it will happen, but I expect it to be a cumbersome fight that takes decades until the quads become standard. The ladies do not progress so quickly in tech as the men do. Since Midori's 3A in 1988 we have seen just seven ladies to do it, just as many as ladies winning the OGM.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
How long does it take to see another Midori? It's been 20 years past already, since her retirement:think:

I hope that Kihira keeps and still improves her jumps.

She's one of the extremely rare ladies that has no flutz or lip and I hope that she holds onto that. Add the 3A and she's very special. Too bad she's not old enough for 2018 olympics.

bluelutz

On the Ice
before the JGP started, I thought this year's Russian girls would be much better than Japanese.
However, it turned out to be pretty even.

Unexpected factors:
Tarusina's very unfortunate accident (I was really looking forward to seeing her debut).
Zagitoba, her first JGP performance was totally unexpected & amazing.
Sakamoto has made a good improvement since last year.
Rika has made a huge improvement on both technical and artistic side, and landed 3A!
Nugmanova's and Lozko's UR issues are more serious than I initially thought (but I still love them).
Tsurskaya is not 100% back in her last year's form, which was not totally unexpected.

All these made Russian vs. Japanese rivalry more even & exciting than what I originally expected.

I am looking forward to seeing Tsurskaya, Gubanova, Zagitova, Sakamoto, Kihira & Honda @JGPF
though I know Marin is still in a "maybe" status.
This line up is probably the best in the JGP history ever.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I hope that Kihira keeps and still improves her jumps.

She's one of the extremely rare ladies that has no flutz or lip and I hope that she holds onto that. Add the 3A and she's very special. Too bad she's not old enough for 2018 olympics.

I sincerely hope Rika makes it safely through puberty. Miki had her quad only in juniors either.

(@mods: PRAYING EMOJI???)

Last edited:

bluelutz

On the Ice

Scott Hamilton stated that Midori was once in 50 years skater/jumper, and I believe it.
Even if Kihira lands 3A+3T in the near future, the quality of Midori's 3A is not easy to be beaten anytime soon by anybody.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
but if this sport is just about this one jump 3A. i am sure we will see much more 3A lady skaters. it is about all-round technique. as exhibited in Rika's performance today.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I hope Rika's strong enough to weather the media storm that's going to crash down on her. It's a lot for a girl to handle. Poor Marin would probably do better in competition if she didn't have the press breathing down her neck.

kalee

On the Ice
Actually Polina's state of recovery is also relevant (maybe more so than the outcome in Dresden) to Marin's chances. If Mako Yamashita or Liza Nugumanova (more likely Yamashita because of Liza N's UR issues) sneaks past her for the win, then Polina could still get in but the other girl would knock Marin out with 26 points and a win, and the only possibility for Marin to get back in would be for Nastia Gubanova to be 4th or below (unlikely and needs to be combined with Konstantinova 2nd with lower than Marin's total score or below).