Lipnitskaia is asked to move to pairs | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Lipnitskaia is asked to move to pairs

moriel

Record Breaker
Sad how fast they write her off. Great system over there.

Also, when the fed can only support X skaters, would make sense to write off a skater after 2 bad seasons (compared to other skaters in that country) in a row.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just had a vision of Julia standing in for Tatiana V during the duration of her pregnancy, as Trankov's partner. :laugh:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Also, when the fed can only support X skaters, would make sense to write off a skater after 2 bad seasons (compared to other skaters in that country) in a row.

Julia has her own sponsor(s), so even if Fed stopped supporting her, she could still pay for coach etc. So it;s really her decision, not Fed what she'd like to do with her life.

TGee

Record Breaker
Julia has her own sponsor(s), so even if Fed stopped supporting her, she could still pay for coach etc. So it;s really her decision, not Fed what she'd like to do with her life.

And as was posted below, her sponsorship agreement says that she must skate in singles until at least the Olympics...

So she likely is feeling pressured by this "proposal" not only to reassure her fans, but also her sponsors, that she is committed to make progress in singles....

moriel

Record Breaker

Of course.

I was just saying that if russian fed dumped her (which isnt true), it would have some reasons as they got many great skaters and most likely finite money.
Also, as folks here have noticed, her sponsor could be also a restriction, maybe even more than fed (considering the state of russian pairs, with V/T on their way to retirement, S/K and K/S with injury issues, there is waaaaaaaaay more room in pairs than in singles for ladies and fed could even support such a decision).

Ofc she should do whatever she / her family think its best for her.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Of course. I was just saying that if russian fed dumped her (which isnt true), it would have some reasons as they got many great skaters and most likely finite money.
Also, as folks here have noticed, her sponsor could be also a restriction, maybe even more than fed.

Yeah, looks like sponsorship contracts actually makes the discussion meaningless as she isn't allowed to compete in Pairs for now. Not that Pairs would be easy for her anyway, but that doesn't matter if she's oblieged to compete in singles.

hugo

On the Ice
What Yulia herself says about that ? From her ask.fm, question: do you know something about this ? Answer:
И знать не хочу. Я лучше закончу... Но...после Кореи
I dont want even to know. I would rather quit... But... after Korea

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Lipnitskia/Plushenko gonna blow them away with their sbs Bielmann spin and win the 2018 OGM in Pairs!

Plushenko will break records for most Olympic competitions by a figure skater, most Olympic medals, most comebacks, most bionic reconstructions, most medals in different disciplines, and the oldest Olympic skating competitor and medalist by 2022.

It's not about Julia.

concorde

Medalist
My understanding was the Russian federation pays the salaries of the top coaches so even if a non-Federation skater had the means to pay, no coaches would be available. Same with ice time.

Bottom line, no Federation support = no access to top coaches and ice time.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Hate these sort of seemingly politically incentivised nationalist greater good advises from the federations. Even if she has been 'advised' privately, why are they announcing it publicly before making it official if not adding more unnecessary pressure? Well dodgy!!

She was a reigning OGM, sadly spiralled out of control with the way she has been treated by her fed, or rather exposed how overmarked she had been with her slump. Can't imagine Adelina get this sort of treatment.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
My understanding was the Russian federation pays the salaries of the top coaches so even if a non-Federation skater had the means to pay, no coaches would be available. Same with ice time.

Bottom line, no Federation support = no access to top coaches and ice time.

Not everyone is with top coaches. Just look at Mikhail Kolyada's case. I'm also not sure if Urmanov has been paid by Fed before Julia since he had not have any top skaters in his group. I think what you said is more related to Moscow rinks and Julia is in Sochi.

GuyFromCanada

Spectator
Ok, let's assume that she agrees to try pairs. Who could be her partner? I don't see any Russian figure skater who is available now, do you? Plus, she has no experience in pair skating so her partner must have plenty of experience because if both partners are new to pairs it'll probably be pretty tough on them.

Last edited:

Chillyh

Spectator
Hate these sort of seemingly politically incentivised nationalist greater good advises from the federations. Even if she has been 'advised' privately, why are they announcing it publicly before making it official if not adding more unnecessary pressure? Well dodgy!!

She was a reigning OGM, sadly spiralled out of control with the way she has been treated by her fed, or rather exposed how overmarked she had been with her slump. Can't imagine Adelina get this sort of treatment.

The national fed has always hated her, because she came out of nowhere and challenged fed's favorite Adelina. Russian fed is all about protectionism in every fs discipline.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Really?
I thought she was the fed's fav because she skated both SP and LP, got a Gold team medal at Sochi, while Adeline had no chance to get a guaranteed team medal.

The national fed has always hated her, because she came out of nowhere and challenged fed's favorite Adelina. Russian fed is all about protectionism in every fs discipline.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Really?
I thought she was the fed's fav because she skated both SP and LP, got a Gold team medal at Sochi, while Adeline had no chance to get a guaranteed team medal.

I don't know if what Chillyh said is true and they hate her (they put her after all in the S/P AND L/P in the team event and that don't look like disfavor to me) but I wouldn't be surprised if their behavior towards her after Sochi was basic jumping on the bandwagon. She genuinely attracted people, like Olga Korbut in gymnastics (I believe the Soviet fed. liked Tourischeva better and weren't that big fans of Olga), so I don't think its surprising they wanted to use her new found worldwide popularity for their own benefit.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well morgan cipres wasn't happy with vanessa.. so maybe julia could skate for france and skate with him...

we canadians, will recuperate vanessa and mervin... and make mervanessa ;)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
well morgan cipres wasn't happy with vanessa.. so maybe julia could skate for france and skate with him...

we canadians, will recuperate vanessa and mervin... and make mervanessa

:curse::gaah: :curse::gaah: :curse::gaah: :curse::gaah::furious: :furious:

Last edited: