2016 NHK Trophy Pairs FS | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Pairs FS

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Suddenly Peng looks like a little girl again. :( She was looking so grown up both last week and during the short yesterday.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
A little bit of Cheng Peng landing the big throws;
A whole lot of P/J screwing up their sbs, spins and jumps too.

MIM

Medalist
Peng and Jin was not perfect...
They deserve more time to be perfect. The promise they showed yesterday and the connection today already make their future together bright.

Congratulation D/R for gold (did they ever lose?), P/J for two consecutive silver, W/W for the first GP medal in two years!!

Edit:
Thank you Mrs. P for the correction ;)

Last edited:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Inquiring minds want to know... can a pair get a negative score on a SBS jump if one partner singles and the other falls? Guess who inspired that one?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
If I was a pairs skater I think I'd want Erik as my partner. He's a rock and he never seems to get annoyed or angry. He's a gentleman.

bobbob

Medalist
P/J showed a lot of promise, even with 2 falls their PCS is within 3 points of D/R. I think if they were clean they would have outscored D/R in PCS.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations to the all medalists! Wang/Wang won a GP medal in two years. D/R and P/J underperformed, but they are going to compete together at GPF! Glad to see K/O's getting back in form. I enjoyed Austrians' and Japanese performances as well.

EDIT: Oops. fixed the misspell of the Austrians' nationalities. My bad...

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Peng and Jin was not perfect...
They deserve more time to be perfect. The promise they showed yesterday and the connection today already make their future together bright.

Congratulation D/R for gold (did they ever lose?), P/J for two consecutive silver, W/W for the first GP medal!!

Agree on all -- however, Wang/Wang won a pair of bronze medals back in 2014. :) Still nice to see them on the podium again!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Congratulations to the all medalists! Wang/Wang won a GP medal in two years. D/R and P/J underperformed, but they are going to compete together at GPF! Glad to see T/O's getting back in form. I enjoyed Australians' and Japanese performances as well.

I am sure you were the only one enjoying the Australians... cause they are Austrian :)