2024-25 Programs by Discipline | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2024-25 Programs by Discipline

icewhite

Record Breaker
IMO Marie-France's choreography is more generic but it forces Kaori to work more on her upper body and I can see slight improvement in that- more defined arms, more open shoulders. Still a lot of work to do which is probably why she continued to work with MF.

Benoit and Kaori worked well but I think his choreographic style hides her weaknesses excellently.

I wonder if it's not possible to work on that, maybe with Dubreuil, without having a competitive program from MF.

rabidline

Final Flight
I wonder if it's not possible to work on that, maybe with Dubreuil, without having a competitive program from MF.
Probably part of the deal. Also it gives them both an air of exclusivity since MF don't choreograph for just any singles skaters IIRC. Before Kaori she only gave her choreo to Nathan from singles.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Probably part of the deal. Also it gives them both an air of exclusivity since MF don't choreograph for just any singles skaters IIRC. Before Kaori she only gave her choreo to Nathan from singles.

hm, yes, that's true
but I can't say I found that program very impressive, either
I think my favourite program for Chen was Glass

I sometimes wonder who does what at IAM. It seems to me Haguenauer is the more "creative" one, but I might be wrong. In any case... even if she has this big name, based on the single programs we saw from her now I can't say I would ask her to do my choreo if I had every choice in the world (and Kaori should have that).

Adding: I can't say I like what Weaver seems to advocate for in the ISU, but it seems there's a young talented choreographer, not overused yet, with fresh ideas, who I think I'd like to make a program for Kaori. :unsure:

Sabsi

On the Ice
hm, yes, that's true
but I can't say I found that program very impressive, either
I think my favourite program for Chen was Glass

I sometimes wonder who does what at IAM. It seems to me Haguenauer is the more "creative" one, but I might be wrong. In any case... even if she has this big name, based on the single programs we saw from her now I can't say I would ask her to do my choreo if I had every choice in the world (and Kaori should have that).

Adding: I can't say I like what Weaver seems to advocate for in the ISU, but it seems there's a young talented choreographer, not overused yet, with fresh ideas, who I think I'd like to make a program for Kaori. :unsure:
Same here, „Koo Koo Fun“ performed by Hana Yoshida was one of my most favorite programs of the season. I would love to see Kaitlyn Weaver working with Kaori. But at this stage I would be happy with anybody else but MF.

rabidline

Final Flight
I personally advocate for Kana Muramoto- she made Kaori's new EX "Poison" and I like what I see. Maybe too risky since she's super new at choreographing for singles skaters though. But if there's anyone who can take risks next season, it's Kaori.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Sounds of Silence is becoming a warhorse, but that's because it tends to work very well as music for skating. I am not necessarily enamored of this music for Yuma, though. But it was a transformational hit, with the Disturbed cover, for James Ciprés in their 2016-2017 season. Ever since then, skaters in all disciplines have been choosing this song.

BTW, as reported today on Ellie Kam's IG, Danny & Ellie (U.S. pairs champions) are having a program choreographed by MF Dubreuil. It doesn't indicate whether sp or fp, but I suppose fp.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Sounds of Silence is becoming a warhorse, but that's because it tends to work very well as music for skating. I am not necessarily enamored of this music for Yuma, though. But it was a transformational hit, with the Disturbed cover, for James Ciprés in their 2016-2017 season. Ever since then, skaters in all disciplines have been choosing this song.

BTW, as reported today on Ellie Kam's IG, Danny & Ellie (U.S. pairs champions) are having a program choreographed by MF Dubreuil. It doesn't indicate whether sp or fp, but I suppose fp.
Actually, the first use of the Disturbed "Sound of Silence" cover was US SOI Spring of 2016 for a men's trio number.

Idiote

On the Ice
Wakaba's FS is as follow:

FS: “Nature Boy” by AURORA
Choreo by: Shae-Lynn Bourne

News also from the recent ice show.
YAAAAAAAAY finally some AURORA !!! She's my absolute favourite artist and we have seen way too little of her in FS ❤️❤️❤️
I wouldn't necessarily have picked that song though, but still, Wakababy skating to Dune and AURORA ? Me happy !!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Two songs with really bad French refrains :ROFLMAO:. I truly hope it is the original Lady Marmalade with Miss Patti Labelle on lead vocals. :pray:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Haein Lee will apparently skate to Beyoncé, not sure which song though, because they say it's Alien Superstar, but the song in the snippet is not Alien Superstar.
Anyway, it's not super original, but she's skating to current pop!!! For a competition!!!
The other piece is apparently XO by Beyonce