2024-25 Programs by Discipline | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2024-25 Programs by Discipline

icewhite

Record Breaker
To be quite honest, I love what I saw from the first look on it (Wakaba's program starts in the middle after Koshiro):

Wakaba's program starts with the track I liked a lot from the first film which is "Herald of the Change" (the soundtrack for the scene where the Atreides family is visited at Caladan by the Empire's representative to give them control of Arrakis) and the other two tracks "Worm Ride" and "Harvester Attack" is sufficiently action-filled for a closing step sequence + layback spin sequence which are Wakaba's specialty.

But I also think having Dune as a SP instead of FS helps- it keeps the music dynamic throughout and ends before it gets too repetitive.

Does indeed seem to work quite well although I find the music itself rather annoying.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no, not another Sounds of Silence program😭. And all these covers, too...

Was not a huge fan of the song when it came out, but at least use Simon and Garfunkel instead of all these raspy faux-blues treatments....

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I like the Disturbed cover, it was my jam in 2018. But the only program I've liked to it was Elladj Balde's. Sorry Yuma, I'm sure it will be well-skated but I don't think it'll be any different for me even if it's a different cover.

And Mon Dieu is very Corey listening to it.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yaaas, back to Rohene for her choreo! I wonder if she will go to Montreal or Chicago first. :)

Ivana

On the Ice
Absolutely not happy with that Marie France choice ... I can't stand another boring FS for Kaori.
Same here, I don't think Dubreil's chreography does anything for her. IIRC correctly her team parted ways with Richaud after Olympics because they wanted her to explore different style, which is a fair thing, she's had now two programs done by Dubreil and none of them was that good, I just wish they would continue the exploration and were not stuck in Montreal or if they wanted to stay there at least utilized other choreographers who are located at IAM to give her different perspective.

icewhite

Record Breaker
The Janet Jackson program by Ward was also great, so in that regard I'm having hopes, but Dubreuil, nope, does not sound good at all.

Hopefully she just wants to do this style so people get positively surprised by her programs in the Olympic season and don't take it for granted. 😃

rabidline

Final Flight
IMO Marie-France's choreography is more generic but it forces Kaori to work more on her upper body and I can see slight improvement in that- more defined arms, more open shoulders. Still a lot of work to do which is probably why she continued to work with MF.

Benoit and Kaori worked well but I think his choreographic style hides her weaknesses excellently.