2017 GP Cup of China Ladies FS | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Ladies FS

freeman21

On the Ice
I'm glad for this podium, I think all 3 deserved it.

Expected reactions after this competition:

"something, something, Russian cooking" (Wait, it wasn't in Russia? Doesn't matter, Zagitova and Radionova don't deserve it :laugh:)
"something, something, backloading sucks"

madison

Record Breaker
Alina coped really well with her first senior Grand Prix and after the fall in the short. Tough lady.
I'm really proud of her.

Aino

Rinkside
I have to say that scoring Alina above Wakaba seems really unfair. Wakaba is awesome, really convincing bond-girl, she could have role in the next movie:). Alina's interpretation is just smiling (which is still better than pantomime) and it feels like she is winning with acrobatics with no art. I'm so sad for Mai, but I like Elena too (although she is a little clumsy).

Interspectator

Record Breaker
This was great skating! My heart breaks for Mai...I think she deserved bronze. :( So close.
Still, she showed she is a strong competitor. She'll keep going until the judges finally notice her.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
PCS rankings:

68.35 Zagitova
67.89 Higuchi
66.91 Radionova
65.13 Daleman
64.72 Mihara
64.58 Honda
63.54 Tuktamysheva

Looking at these like this, I definitely believe that the Japanese ladies are all at least one spot lower in PCS rankings than they should be.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Triumphant moment for Elena Radionova!
Zagitova was incredible, but I thought Wakaba was even better. Great competition! <3

Kittosuni

Medalist
I really feel that both Alina and Radio were over-scored here and the Japanese ladies were held down (pretty much all 3 of them had crap PCS compared to their actual performances)

i actually thought Radionova was underscored PCS wise. She had the best PE,CO,IN and miles better in SS from the rest. Alina rightfully beat everyone in TR but should get 9s in that department but her PE is too high. should be atleast 8.

moriel

Record Breaker
That wasn't her best.

And well, after today, it looks like 3rd spot would be between her and sotskova.
This is good, because i suppose it will end up being buyanova's pick, and whoever goes will be somehow a reasonable and objective decision.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Zagitova has the highest CO mark. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark folks :scratch2:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
well that event happend, well done to ladies for such an exciting competition, i agree that Mai deserved to be on podium :confused2: but she should be proud of herself, she once again showed how mentally strong she is, great job :love:
also, this has nothing to do with Elena placing on podium but i really hate her entrance into 2A, i would understand it if she has better 2A but she doesnt :slink:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Ive have never been happier after some FS competion finished. I will leave you now to complain about results :) But i need to say Zagitova got biggest cheers by the crowd.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Performance? In terms of, just for example, projection, carriage and clarity of movement? No, she's not. Both are wonderful, but Alina program is so complex that it makes such a clarity quite impossible - and yet she delivers.
I love them both, though. Totally different styles and there is less than a point of difference between them so I'm happy with it :)

I would give Zagitova marks for composition and transitions, but give Wakaba marks for speed, interpretation, and performance because of her attack and emotional projection. Ultimately, Zagitova won with her Rippon triples in the start of the second half.

frida80

Record Breaker
Mai's hopes of the GPF are gone. :sad21:

Probably. She really needed a bronze here and then a silver and for Maria and Carolina to have lower placements. But as it stands now, unless she wins in France, it’s unlikely.

madison

Record Breaker
Wakaba has a smart free program, but she often doesn't skates on the music and some parts look empty because she focuses to much on the jumps...

lavoix

Match Penalty
PCS rankings:

68.35 Zagitova
67.89 Higuchi
66.91 Radionova
65.13 Daleman
64.72 Mihara
64.58 Honda
63.54 Tuktamysheva

Looking at these like this, I definitely believe that the Japanese ladies are all at least one spot lower in PCS rankings than they should be.

Disagree. The only issue I have is with Mihara being so low. She should be above Daleman's performance today.

LRK

Record Breaker
Ugh, why can't there be more medals - why? This competition was just... sick.

Anyway, congratulations to the medalists - Alina, Wakaba, Elena!

And Mai, Marin, Gabby, Liza - you did yourselves proud, ladies!

Note: I wonder if this means the gents will be falling all over themselves, as one cannot, it seems, have too many good things?;) Here's hoping the ice rink monster keeps on napping...