2017 GP Cup of China Ladies FS | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Ladies FS

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
So we just had gorgeous competition with fair judging, all the ladies did their best and what we have?

"oh, those Russian girls, how can they win, Japanese were better because they are so pretty and interpret the music so I love them all!1111oneoneone11!"
"oh, backloading how can they, not balanced at all and so ugly!"
"lord, those tanos, I can't with them, there should be minus goe for tano jumps, it's so unfair"
"I actually didn't like the 1st part of Mai's skating but she's behind Russian girls so she was robbed!"
"so many transitions look bad, why can't they just do some spirals and smile to the audience, it's much better!"

skatenewbie

Medalist
Tuktamysheva needs to rethink her FS layout. The 2A 2A sequence is truly a terrible idea and even with the 3A, her base TES is lower than that of the top 4. Is it really the correct choice? Shouldn't she just concentrate on doing some real jump combinations instead of a completely wasteful 2A 2A sequence? Just seems like extremely odd planning.
i didn't realize she don't have 2nd 3Lz until i see the protocols. she should have gone to usual layout with 2 3Lz and 3S-2A SEQ. she should have gotten over 130 with that layout.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I thought Wakaba should've won this. Mighty close. The thing that annoys me the most is that Mai is out of the medals and any chance she had of making GPF is gone now. Strong showing of the Ladies. My theory is that the judges really want a fight between Medvedeva and Zagitova, with perhaps Kaetlyn Osmond with an outside shot. I just don't see anyone else right now who can break in there.

And Wakaba's Skyfall is the best Ladies program of the season. It gives me goosebumps. Absolutely amazing!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
My final placements:

1. Wakaba Higuchi
2. Alina Zagitova
3. Mai Mihara
4. Marin Honda
5. Elena Radionova
6. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
7. Gabriel Daleman

whatif

Medalist
Oh for crying out loud. Were you able to telepathically get into her head at that exact moment to know that she was feeling entitled?

Seriously. Can we get through ANY ladies event without spewing low blows and nasty remarks regarding the Canadians? She got sixth. The placement is correct. What more do you people want?

Seeing other posters here bashing Alaine and Larkyn last week for supposedly getting the benefit of "home cooking", even though they were IN LAST AND SECOND LAST was probably one of the stupidest things I've ever read, and I've seen A LOT of stupid statements in this neck of the woods.

What does this has to do with being Canadian? This would go to anyone no matter which country one is from.
Oh dear lord, do you guys ever stop being so defensive all the time?

Kayyyn

Rinkside
happy 4 ziggy she deserved that win 100% hoped she did 0 mistakes but the gold is the most important thing
and wakaba really doing so well

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Probably. She really needed a bronze here and then a silver and for Maria and Carolina to have lower placements. But as it stands now, unless she wins in France, it’s unlikely.

With the field in France, it's impossible for her to win. She has Alina and Kaetlyn against her.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
i actually thought Radionova was underscored PCS wise. She had the best PE,CO,IN and miles better in SS from the rest. Alina rightfully beat everyone in TR but should get 9s in that department but her PE is too high. should be atleast 8.
I wholeheartedly disagree with this. Mihara's and Higuchi's edges, speed and carriage were way way better, while Radionova's stroking is quite labored and rough, and it takes her a high number of crossovers to generate speed, plus her edges are often unclear and not well-held. The fact that her SS mark is higher than Mihara's is quite absurd actually. I would have given her well below 8.
We can agree about PE and IN, though :)

PCS rankings:

68.35 Zagitova
67.89 Higuchi
66.91 Radionova
65.13 Daleman
64.72 Mihara
64.58 Honda
63.54 Tuktamysheva

Looking at these like this, I definitely believe that the Japanese ladies are all at least one spot lower in PCS rankings than they should be.
I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but I also found Daleman's PCS to be glaringly too high if compared to great programs such as Higuchi's and Honda's

Tulipstar

Medalist
Russian Nationals and Japanese Nationals are going to be incredibly exciting - and probably a guaranteed heartbreak.

And in Russian nationals some very strong juniors will compete as well.
On the one hand I'm looking forward to an excting competition, but it would also be disheartening for Anna, Liza and Elena to be beaten by the likes of Trusova, which might very well happen.

gold12345

Medalist
So happy for Lena!)))But so saaaaaaaad for Liza...3a not enough these days, it seems. She skates clean - low marks, skates not clean - even lower marks. It's a s if they are giving signals for her to stop trying:angry1: Alina was underscored technically...Her program is much stronger and more difficult than others at this moment!

It was a very strong ladies competition. Not all GPs have this strong of a field. Liza's score would have given her 2nd last week. Having 3 strong Japanese ladies plus 3 strong Russian ladies all in the same field made things very tough.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Composition
An intentionally developed and/or original arrangement of all types of movements according to the principles of musical phrase, space, pattern and structure. In evaluating the Composition, the following must be considered:

Purpose (idea, concept, vision, mood);
Pattern / ice coverage;
Multidimensional use of space and design of movements;
Phrase and form (movements and parts structured to match the musical phrase);
Originality of the composition.

Sorry but packed full of content does not mean there is a purpose or originality, etc. The intentionality I saw was making it to the second half so the jumps and bonus could get started.

Preach.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
i didn't realize she don't have 2nd 3Lz until i see the protocols. she should have gone to usual layout with 2 3Lz and 3S-2A SEQ. she should have gotten over 130 with that layout.

But ugh, why a 3S-2A SEQ? Just do 2A-1Lo-3S instead and skip the 2Lo on the 3 jump combo(She UR'd it anyway). That's much higher TES and surely isn't too difficult.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I guess it's not an ISU comp if Wakaba isn't robbed. Alina did great, but Waka should have won.

If this costs her the GPF... she deserves to go .____.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Zagitova has the highest CO mark. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark folks :scratch2:

While I do think that her PCS could have been a couple points lower, I do not think that it's ridiculous that she gets high PCS. She has the most difficult program and executes it perfectly: PCS aren't only about intepretation, but also SS, transitions, musicality - and Alina does all her jumps right on the music. Reading a lot of posts here, one would think that she skated averagely to an average program. A couple points less? Sure, maybe, but it's not like she didn't deserve to get good PCS either.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Composition
An intentionally developed and/or original arrangement of all types of movements according to the principles of musical phrase, space, pattern and structure. In evaluating the Composition, the following must be considered:

Purpose (idea, concept, vision, mood);
Pattern / ice coverage;
Multidimensional use of space and design of movements;
Phrase and form (movements and parts structured to match the musical phrase);
Originality of the composition.

Sorry but packed full of content does not mean there is a purpose or originality, etc. The intentionality I saw was making it to the second half so the jumps and bonus could get started.

Purpose - to be Kittri, with all the balletic stuff.
Ice coverage - great
Multidimensional etc. - of course was there because it is aspect that you use transitions for.
Phrase and form - wonderful, matching with the music, its rhythm and accents.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Things I loved about the LPs
Elizaveta's crisp and beautiful jumps
Mai's wonderful presence and connection to her program, also a fierce fighter underneath the charm
Marin's soft flowing skating
Wakaba--a perfect Bond program! Fully committed to the music and the persona.
Alina-- unbelievable athleticism and stamina --energy as bright as a firework.
Elena-- never give up attitude and will to perform.

bixby

Final Flight
If Evgenia and Alina face off at the final and both skate clean, I'll give it to Alina.

Evgenia might have the reputation, but I think if you put them side by side Alina may have a better "overall" presentation. She doesn't come across "gawky" when she jump and not all super dramatic on the face like you know it's all acting.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm sure it's been said here already, but it was soooo good competition! :hap93: Like, best Ladies competition in a while. So many clean programs and with superb content :luv17: Hope it doesn't mean it was that one time for a whole remaining season....

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
PCS rankings:

68.35 Zagitova
67.89 Higuchi
66.91 Radionova
65.13 Daleman
64.72 Mihara
64.58 Honda
63.54 Tuktamysheva

Looking at these like this, I definitely believe that the Japanese ladies are all at least one spot lower in PCS rankings than they should be.

Plus if you look at the pattern of judges form the past events, Zagitova had always had lower PCS than Higuchi, Mihara, Honda, Radionova including even in the SP. All of a sudden she ends up beating Marin by 4 points?? While Wakaba's PCS shrunk from 68+ Russia cup when she performed better here?

I'd argue Alina's SP worked better for her than this junior FSprogram (literally the same JWC program, which was beaten by Honda in PCS then) too.