2017 GP Skate America Short Dance | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Short Dance

MIM

Medalist
I complained Anna’s dress looking girlish before... I was mistaken. The detail on her top, the connection to the skirt, and the flipped skirt pinned with the brotch... love her style :love:
And What a WOW ending!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
that's how it should be done - people are ditching Shibs from the get-go just because of Latin rhythms and they come up with stuff that quality cannot be denied, executed with sharp razor precision and panache that gives you an ease while watching. They are in control of everything. They are keeping responding the best way possible to everyone: judges, panels, naysayers - with polish and class. Perfection from head to toe:flw overall, space in pattern, edge quality, framing and connections in partial step sequence, insane tempo on twizzles, bouncing, knee-deep ation in non-touch step sequence, amazing dynamic on the lift - all complimented by magnificent music arrangement, great attention to the detail, fabulous elevation and posture and great energy, character maintained throughout the dance. Keep pushing that envelope filled with amazng goodies. Once again, they are proving that they are moulding rules to themselves and follow them in spectacular manner in SD

GGFan

Record Breaker
See... I felt like it was too cutesy...

There's an acceptable level of selling in Latin that I don't mind. I think C/L's weakness has been that they've tried to cover a lack of a romantic connection with always hamming it up and using cutesy stuff. I don't think that was the case here. It wasn't fire sexy but it was energetic

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
However C/L don't deserve more than that (sorry for their fans). I really like them, but they lack in SS in comparaison... but they got huge performance quality

rain

Record Breaker
So sad for G/P. They got hammered on the tech. Thought the performance was great. It's really not shaping up to be their year. I'll be interested to see if they've made any changes to the FD.

bixby

Final Flight
C/L not happy with their score...

Still blown away by the performance of the Shibs! They captured the mood of the music, they were fast, very elegant looking; total package in my book.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't care for Anna and Luca. The beginning felt too frenzied and she looked really stiff! Looking forward to the free tomorrow.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Refreshing to watch after the drama of men's. Enjoyed all the teams! Disappointed for Kaitlin and Jean-Luc in their placement, but look forward to their FD, and all the other FDs, tomorrow.