2018 Olympic Season: Ice Dance | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Season: Ice Dance

bramweld

Record Breaker
I am keeping calm and waiting for a Gadbois sweep, with all my love to the Shibs. But if they prove me wrong I can work with that. I think their SD this season is what V/Ms SD was for them last season. The judges need to just let go and give them the scores man. Let it go!! Ehem...well. How many more days till the SD though?

MelDee

Final Flight
but why does that affect WS so much? they're not nearly as important but they seem to be the end all be all to WS

They're not as important in terms of competition, it's more about getting an early feedback on the programmes and acquiring the much needed world standings points.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
but why does that affect WS so much? they're not nearly as important but they seem to be the end all be all to WS

They are more than important for teams/skaters that weren't invited for GPs, didn't qualify, or lost a season and want to get back up in the standings. They might not be important compared to GPs or WCh, but pretty much all teams could go for two CS per season and gather some important ranking points.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Now I am worried that H/D will get overmarked in comparison to the ShibSibs simply for their start orders. I swear, if that happens.....

Mirunna

Record Breaker
It's just an opinion... And I think they are better in PCS and have better choreography than P/C, and would like to see that rewarded.

But if they mess up technically then it won't matter. The same goes for P/C. Let's see what each team puts on the ice first. It's easier and less nerve wracking IMO.

ChanClan

On the Ice
It doesn't even matter who wins at this point because there's going to be backlash no matter what happens. I have a feeling that this thread is going to end in a blood bath either way and I am not ready for that. Hopefully we can just all enjoy our favourites and not bring the other teams down to prop ours up.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It's just an opinion... And I think they are better in PCS and have better choreography than P/C, and would like to see that rewarded.

ITA andcan see that. Thank you not to mention while I am not say Gabby is a bad skater she is very good but not the level of Guillaume or Tessa or Scott and that should shown in the scores and it is not.