Wishes and Hopes for the 2018-2019 Season | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Wishes and Hopes for the 2018-2019 Season

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Patrick Chan develops new wine which is close to Icarus potion.. He unretires, lands the most beautiful quad flip wins worlds and the forum collapses.

Na na na boo boo, the winery that produces Chiddy wine is ten minutes away from my house. :taunt:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
too bad you cannot drink right? I am seeing Patrick in 3 weeks thank you.

I’m exactly thirty days away from my due date. There will be a six pack of Palm Bays and a couple of Bloody Caesars garnished with celery, lime, salted glass rims, and hot sauce in the delivery room, believe you me. :biggrin: :devil:

A part of me really wants to get SOI tickets for either May 4th in Toronto or May 5th in Hamilton, but I’m due on May the 7th, soooooo... maybe it’s best not to risk it? Hmmm,... unless Andrew shows up to the rescue and helps birth the baby if I go into labour in the stands. :laugh2:

Sam Skwantch - when you see this, here’s my 6000th post! Likely it didn’t meet your expectations. I’d rate it a 7 out of 10 for hilarity, because the mental picture of me half in the bag after pushing a baby out of my loins is giving me the giggles. :laugh:

I’ll take a shot of Crown Royal in your honour as well. ;)

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This year it's tango. Next year it's Musical/Operetta/Broadway

*screams in horror at the thought of all the POTO short dances* KILL THEM ALL WITH FIRE!

Piper and Paul should skate to the Come From Away OST that season, which osmond4gold and i are dying to see Kaetlyn do, as she’s a Newfie, but since it’s ice dance that has the Broadway option, I think G/P, with their sense of humour, quirkiness, and passion for thinking outside the box, would kick ass at a Newfie themed short dance.

I’m legitimately cracking up laughing right this minute, simply at the thought of Paul in a yellow rain jacket and galoshes, and Piper in a mummering costume. :rofl: If anyone can pull that off, it’s those two.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Speaking of Piper and Paul, I’d be totally cool with them recycling slash reworking their 2016-17 tango free dance into a short dance for the coming season. That FD was fan-freaking-tactic. :love:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
A quad axel.

But also minimal injuries please, for everyone.

You must’ve missed the memo: a quad axel will officially be referred to as a quaxel as soon as Yuzu throws a clean one down in competition. :laugh:

By “memo” I’m just referring to one of the thousands of ridiculous posts belonging to me from many moons ago, where I first called them quaxels. :biggrin:

:eek:topic: Jeez, why did I just post in this thread four times in a row? I guess everyone else must have wild plans for Friday night? Meanwhile, here I am, lying flat on my back on the rec room couch like a beached whale, periodically chugging directly out of a Costco sized bottle of pepto bismol to battle the chronic, nonstop, pregnancy-causing acid reflux and indigestion. :dbana:

zyxwl2015

Rinkside
Anna Shcherbakova is healthy, jumps clean quads, wins both jgp events and starts a battle with Sasha Trusova!

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
1) Yuzu lands quad axel at Worlds
2) Yuzu gets that 4 continent gold
3) Jun Hwan adjusts to growth spurt and stabilizes jumps
4) is bad luck in Asian cultures , so skip
5) Trusova improves her quads
6) skaters like Park Sung-hoon and Marin Honda gain strength and stamina
7) Boyang on world podium
8) Team China improves and gets the training they need

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I’m exactly thirty days away from my due date. There will be a six pack of Palm Bays and a couple of Bloody Caesars garnished with celery, lime, salted glass rims, and hot sauce in the delivery room, believe you me. :biggrin: :devil:

A part of me really wants to get SOI tickets for either May 4th in Toronto or May 5th in Hamilton, but I’m due on May the 7th, soooooo... maybe it’s best not to risk it? Hmmm,... unless Andrew shows up to the rescue and helps birth the baby if I go into labour in the stands. :laugh2:

Sam Skwantch - when you see this, here’s my 6000th post! Likely it didn’t meet your expectations. I’d rate it a 7 out of 10 for hilarity, because the mental picture of me half in the bag after pushing a baby out of my loins is giving me the giggles. :laugh:

I’ll take a shot of Crown Royal in your honour as well. ;)

I mean that's one way to get together with Andrew... ;)

champs

Final Flight
I'm sure there are a lot of wishes that I have that I'm leaving out below, but here are some:

- First and foremost, Sota Yamamoto to get his 3A back (and hopefully to land a quad) while staying injury free (please skatgod)
- Kazuki Tomono to get two programs that are as exciting as his Westside Story this season, and hopefully to start landing 4Ts.
- Hanna Harrell and Pooja Kalyan to do more clean programs
- Yelim Kim to get two programs that she enjoys performing, do well internationally, and have opportunities to train in North America
- Kaori Sakamoto and Wakaba Higuchi to start landing 3As
- Judges to appreciate Panenkova more than Tarakanova
- Some girls at Snow Leopard to constantly beat some of the top prospects at Sambo 70.
- Junior girls from Eastern Japan (Kawabata, Watanabe, two Akari's, Aoki etc.) to do as well as the girls from Chubu and Kansai areas.

and I know this last one is not realistic, but:
- Han Yan to change his mind, train hard, get new programs not from Lori, and medal at the Worlds.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Shoma will finally take some major Gold. Please.

Also, Kolyada will become more consistent, and will advance from the Bronze boy position. Like Shoma, who was the Bronze boy at first, now he advanced even more to Silver boy. So I hope next season will be theirs...

Also, Sergei makes the Euro and World team and wins either Euro Gold/World medal.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'm so happy to see people wishing for Panenkova to do well because I think she's forgotten about too much
So YAY PEOPLE!!! :love:

tosca

On the Ice
Ladies
1. Everyone gets fair edge calls *looks at Medvedeva*
2. Everyone gets fair under calls *looks at Shin Amano and Miyahara at Worlds*
3. Mirai gets transitions, emotes, and also keeps her tech *dreams as a Mirai fan*
4. Japanese ladies dominate (Sakamoto, Higuchi, Mihara... somehow Hongo gets a Bronze in a challanger or GP)
5. Honda comes back but doesn't over take the aforementioned ladies but beats Kihara
6. Pogorilaya makes a comeback sans dramatic falls
7. Tennell and Sotskova both get exciting and captivating programs
8. Chen fixes not only her boot issues but her unders
9. The US ladies get a strong sports psychologist to fix those nerves, jump coach to fix those unders, and great choreo to give transistions

Men
1. Chen excels in ivy league life and skating together
2. Zhou skates two clean programs each competition and also gets transitions
3. Same w/ Aliev minus the transitions since he already has them
4. Shoma comes out of his second place standings and dominates
5. A new Japanese man comes out strong and becomes the Shoma to Yuzu... to Shoma *Looks at Tomono*
6. Nguyen gets act together
7. Kerry skates clean but also gets his deserved and better PCS
8. Brown gets his jumps back (it was iffy towards the end of season except 4CC) and becomes a consistant 2/3 US man
9. Jin comesback

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
- Marin Honda makes the Japanese team and wins a medal at either the GPF, 4CC or Worlds
- Alina is still a contender and isn’t another Yulia
- Mirai lands the 3A more consistently
- Masha is still able to be a contender for the Russian Team
- Oh and she stops doing those ugly tanos
- Boyang is able to recover from the worlds FS and win a world silver
- Mikhail gets a more consistent quad lutz
- Sui/Han get all the medals in the world

lovaticcanada

On the Ice
Marin Honda comes back and wins Japanese national title
Shoma finally wins something (gold)
Seguin Bilodeau bouncing back after the worlds
Stephen Gogolev dominates junior
Evgenia is able to beat Alina
Gabby gets a 4T
Kaetlyn is able to win a major title (4cc, worlds or gpf)

colormyworld240

Medalist
Alina for world champion, grand slam.
Wakaba to get higher scores that she deserves, hoping for 75+ and 150+ club
Alaine to get over the rut she's been in and have clean skates :pray:
Kaetlyn to continue her mostly clean skates, no more falls/pops please
Radionova for a strong comeback and onto the world's team (sentimental favourite)

Kolyada's quad lutz (controversial bc all he does it falls) CoC was the most beautiful jump I've ever seen

Sasha for quad everything :laugh: and to medal at senior nationals

hanyuyuzuru1207

Match Penalty
Yuzuru Hanyu wins 4cc Gold

Yuzuru Hanyu wins 3rd World Title

Yuzuru Hanyu attempts 4A

Zhenya and Zagitova dominate senior stage

Alena K and Trusova continue dominatin Jr ladies

See Marin on podium

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
If the skating genie could grant me three wishes, they would be:

1) An upcoming Russian ice dance team becomes BOSS with two amazing programs, and stellar technical content and consistency. And therefore brings up the status of Russian diva ice dancers.😀

2) A breakout season for a skater from a “little” country. Come on and BRING IT, Leona Hendrickx!

3) Number of quads limited to 3 (or 4, I guess).

StephenGfan

Final Flight
*annoyed foot-tapping from little-country person*

Another wish from me:

That the big country fans would stop feeling like they're entitled to whatever they want and the little country skaters can go jump...

I would rather see more amazing japanese ladies then some skater from armenia or mexico that is boring and falls on all of his/her jumps.