Wishes and Hopes for the 2018-2019 Season | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Wishes and Hopes for the 2018-2019 Season

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would love to see Weaver and Poje win a world title (though so unlikely - lucky to stay on the podium.

Adam and Ashley make up; they were a fun couple of friends but I am not sure what happened this year.

I think they already made up (that is if there was any tension to begin with). They're on tour together for US SOI and all over each other's IG stories looking happy.

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I knew I forgot something:

Maxim Kovtun - makes a comeback, has a good season without major meltdowns and maybe smiles a bit
Sergej Voronov - not retiring yet :luv17: that's all I need from him

Tulipstar

Medalist
I'm not going to be too original so I'm going to say a little bit the same thing as everyone else: D

Skaters are safe from injury and healthy.

1) I hope that Gabrielle Daleman and Kaetlyn will still surprise us and that Gaby really shows what can do with a 4S or 4T why not and take Wonder Woman as XD program

Seconded:agree:

saturdaysun

On the Ice
For this injury to be Sui's last.
GPF gold for Sui/Han, the only one they're missing aside from Olympics.
Alina and Boyang to get redemption World golds.
Gold somewhere, anywhere for Shoma.
Wang/Liu to stay together and have a breakthrough season.
The Shibs to produce an adorable figure skating dramedy TV series.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
- Piper & Paul finally recognized with many podium finishes, for their cleverness, uniqueness and contribution to the sport (please keep James Bond, btw)
- Keegan for GP medals, 4CC's and a World podium finish
- the RETURN of Gabby Daleman as a World medalist,...which will put to rest the ''fluke season'' idea, by some naysayers
- Kaetlyn Osmond for a Repeat, also known as a World podium Threepeat!
- The GP of France becomes the GP of Italy or Finland in 2019-20
- Fairness in judging as per Worlds 2018, where overall top placements were accurate and never second guessed by anyone, ...well, except for a couple of members with the usual, 'WAZ ROBBED' attitude regarding all events and their favs. Overall, Worlds was a great comp. with deserving medalists

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Choreographers and coaches and skaters start taking some REAL CHANCES with music selection, program layout and movement.

That said people above stop chasing after and immediately xeroxing every program/music selection that scored well in the previous season or four.

That Judges start REWARDING the skaters for TAKING CHANCES.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It would be awesome to see an ice dance team or two rise up to challenge P/C and that P/C try something different in the freedance. P/C are by far the leaders in dance right now having almost ten point buffer in the freedance. I would love to see Voronov back more on the world stage too.

I am excited to see Bradie Tennell and what she will do in her makeover year. I hope Ashley finds her competitive spirit or that she can happily retire.

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
Junhwan to stay healthy, win medals in big competitions and maybe make it to the GPF.

Eunsoo to make her senior debut season and hopefully win some medals.

Sunghoon to get a new coach and become more competitive among Junior men’s field.

Anna Shcherbakova to fully recover from injury and get her quads back.

Alina to adapt to puberty and comeback stronger for a redemption in the Worlds.

Tutto

Record Breaker
I hope there will be no repeat programs now when the pressure to please everyone is off, and that we'll see some original out of the box choreo this season

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Yuna on ice in any shape or form... oohhh looks like my wish may come true :p
4A for Hanyu.
Boyang get deserving PCS as he improves.
Wakaba and Marin having a blast!!!
Karen no longer having boots troubles and kick butt at US nationals.
No injuries for ANYONE
No crazy judges PCS inflation for Russia latest baby du jour.
Great original programs. No repeat programs... or please consider penalty or holding back PCS for repeat programs.
No European majority slanted panels.
Evegenia and Alina round 2.
May the best program/performance win!! (Not the best nationality.)

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
With my focus being on the women's event, here's what I'm hoping for...

Kaetlyn Osmond maintain her form from worlds. She's an extremely talented skater and having her skating at her best helps to stretch the field and make it interesting.

Evgenia Medvedeva recovers from her injury well and comes back. I'm sure this will happen anyway but it's worth noting.

Alina Zagitova gets program that showcase something other than her jumping and backloading. She's a lovely skater...they need to give her some music/choreo that puts it on display.

Bradie Tennell gets an awesome packaging makeover that helps to push her skating to the next level. Give her to Lori for about a month for polishing and refinement and then send her to Shae Lynn for some choreo.

Wakaba maintains the form she had at worlds. She's an amazing all-around skater and she deserves to be in the spotlight.

Satoko Miyahara continues to skate. Gorgeous programs and delivery, plus some stronger jumps wouldn't hurt.

Mirai continues to skate well and starts landing that 3A more consistently.

Karen finally finds a boot company who can fix her skate issue once and for all.

Polina Tsurskaya finds some consistency and becomes a real contender on the scene.

Starr Andrews continues to improve and has a great season.

Kaori Sakamoto gets stronger packaging. Her SP last season was lovely but I wasn't a fan of her FS.

Maria Sotskova gets more interesting/memorable programs so people will stop overlooking her.

Marin Honda has a breakout season. She's so lovely to watch! I'd love to see her step up this coming season.

Alexandra Trusova and Alena Kostornaia keep on kicking butt. I'd like to see Trusova hit a quad in her programs and I'd like to see Alena incorporate the 3A. These two are definitely pushing the technical envelope and I hope they continue to do so.

I guess that's about everyone. I'm hoping for a good season next year...

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
- Piper & Paul finally recognized with many podium finishes, for their cleverness, uniqueness and contribution to the sport (please keep James Bond, btw)

Piper and Paul outdo themselves each season, no need to keep a program :pPPPPPPPPP
I hope for a GP gold for them, don't know how feasible it is.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Piper and Paul outdo themselves each season, no need to keep a program :pPPPPPPPPP
I hope for a GP gold for them, don't know how feasible it is.
Their best bet would probably be to win Skate Canada if Kaitlyn and Andrew have a rough skate a la this year's nationals.

TylerW

Spectator
- Evgenia and Yuzu fully recovers from injury and is at 100%
- Evgenia and Alina go back and forth all season rather than one always being on top
- Kaori to continue raising the bar for herself and get new PB
- Wakaba consistency staying after her world medal
- Tiny arms and ice queen Satoko be a podium threat at worlds
- Nathan more consistent with both programs
- Zhou earning a new PB
- The new GOE system not be abused and to mark quads for what they really are
- Daria Panenkova to have a break-out season and medal at GP events
- Ting Cui to also have a wonderful season
- Female triple axel/quad revolution

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think they will separate G/P and WeaPo to have the possibility of having 2 CAN teams at GPF like in 2014.
I don't think so. The Canadian Fed tries to get the Canadian ice dance teams 1-2 at Skate Canada where they can (if you look at recent results), and it's the proper strategy precisely to try to get two Canadian teams into the Final.

Assume that P/C win both their events (France + whatever else); the Fed obviously hopes that W/P will win both their events (Canada + whatever else, I'm guessing Russia); that means that if the idea is to try to get Piper and Paul a first-place finish, they'd need to beat H/D, which has, I believe, only happened once in recent years, at the 2017 Worlds, where H/D massively blew it and Piper and Paul ended up ahead of them by one point. The starting point has to be assuming that H/D will win at least one of their two events.

That being the case, the other three spots at the Final will be decided by accumulating silver and bronze medals. Having both the top Canadian teams at Skate Canada is the best way to insure that both the gold and silver go to Canadian teams, which in turn furthers their Final prospects.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I don't think so. The Canadian Fed tries to get the Canadian ice dance teams 1-2 at Skate Canada where they can (if you look at recent results), and it's the proper strategy precisely to try to get two Canadian teams into the Final.

Assume that P/C win both their events (France + whatever else); the Fed obviously hopes that W/P will win both their events (Canada + whatever else, I'm guessing Russia); that means that if the idea is to try to get Piper and Paul a first-place finish, they'd need to beat H/D, which has, I believe, only happened once in recent years, at the 2017 Worlds, where H/D massively blew it and Piper and Paul ended up ahead of them by one point. The starting point has to be assuming that H/D will win at least one of their two events.

That being the case, the other three spots at the Final will be decided by accumulating silver and bronze medals. Having both the top Canadian teams at Skate Canada is the best way to insure that both the gold and silver go to Canadian teams, which in turn furthers their Final prospects.

Well Zach can always hand them his medals :DDD but it's very unlikely, H/D have the momentum so if they don't screw up too much they are holding on to those GP golds. I think you're right that Canada will assign both teams to SC.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I already posted, but I have a lot of wishes, ok?

A surprise upstart team in the ice dance event.
Leona has a breakout season.
Deniss gets a quad.
Alina keeps her tutu couture in at least one program.
Guliakova turns senior.
All current judges are fired and replaced.
A tell-all book by Diva Radionova.
Kolyada gets amazing programs, or at least decent programs.