2018 Skate America Ladies Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Ladies Free Skate

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Laurine fought on everything but she landed all the planned jumps! Good fight!

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I love Laurine's end-of-program jumps. So impressive and interesting. She performed the heck out of that, but I'm not sure it was the right performance style- the music calls for more moody and sultry, and Laurine's just too charming and joyful to match it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I will say it again, Karen Kwan is an underrated choreographer. Solid skate for Laurine!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I love Laurine's end-of-program jumps. So impressive and interesting. She performed the heck out of that, but I'm not sure it was the right performance style- the music calls for more moody and sultry, and Laurine's just too charming and joyful to match it.

The lingerie dress isn't helping. Or rather it would. If she went for moody and sultry.

But she's happy.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Laurine's vibe is like the ladies singles version of Hubbell and Donohue.

Which is to say, I LOVE IT.

I dunno, I always feel like I need to have a shower after watching a H/D program.

It’s like I’m ... getting caught out... in the... rain...

Oh, lord. I’ll see myself out. :palmf:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I do see some improvement from Laurine's jumps as far as her stability going into them. She didn't pop anything and only a few reviews for < calls for me. That second 3T on the combo definitely looks < and some of the landings were a bit stuck, stopping at a stand-still. Still, quite strong technically for her today.

I don't particularly care for this program though. I don't think it shows off her vibrant personality; the wailing guitars are a bit suffocating and don't allow for a lot of room for expression.