2018 Internationaux de France Ladies Free Skate | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2018 Internationaux de France Ladies Free Skate

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure I've ever seen a more heartbreaking K&C. I just... what is this season. I want it to end.

kimi492

Final Flight
I hope Brian gets a sports psychologist for her - this seemed totally in her head
This road was always gonna be hard for her - I just hope she doesn’t give up and uses this as a plateau towards better things.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
she must have drawn the short straw to have a bad season? I believe she'll be fighting back and on the top perch again!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope Brian gets a sports psychologist for her - this seemed totally in her head

Same. It's clear that her new situation has improved a lot of things, but these nerves--she was always such a rock. What's going on?

freeman21

On the Ice
I'm sorry to say it but this is Zhenya's worst FS I've seen: performance, dress, music and last but not least, the nervous way she is skating.

I get it, she had a hard time and went through some serious changes after the Olympics. I hope she is mentally strong enough to recover next season.

Good luck Zhenya!

lizardlass

On the Ice
I didn't think that Evgenia would open the door for Bradie to get on the podium. This is truly shocking. I thought that Zhenya's components would prop her up no matter what. (I'm not saying that as a hater, I LOVE Evgenia, but I know the patterns.)

theharleyquinn

Medalist
It was an odd choice to not save the 2A-3Lo potentially for the GPF. With 1-2-3 so close after the SP, there was every reason to play it safe, but it has also been a while since Skate Canada. That could've been all they were practicing because she was working on the combo even then.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
At this point it might be best to skip the GPF and use this time to recoup and refocus for nationals. Maybe it will feel a little less stressful :pray:

Congratulations to rika though for two first place GP finishes! I’m excited for the gpf showdown.

oly2018

Final Flight
Adding new tech when the GPF was on the line wasn't a smart move Brian.

This. I think she has probably looked solid in training, but I don't understand how her team underestimated her nerves. She has been nervy the entire season and now was not the time to add in tech. Especially if they set the GPF as a goal for her. Brian looked more shocked than her in the KC.

frida80

Record Breaker
Change her technique for her jumps for the first time since she was a child is a really mentally taxing effort. For years I've watched skaters flop programs while adjusting to the new technique. I think Zhenia is on the right track, but playing it safe here would've gotten her a trip to the GPF. This is really a shame.